Page 108 of 194 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    He was a board member of the U.S. chapter of Council for World Freedom which was linked to right wing death squads in Central America.
    Are you talking about the civil war in Nicaragua in the 80s?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I think Bad's comments goes much deeper than that.

Stuff like this scares me. Just how far would Bad go to guarantee that Obama does not become President?...Given that he believes the world will probably come to an end if that happens my guess is pretty far.
    WTF?!?! Are you insinuating what I think you are? You do know if you have uncovered a credible threat your civic duty is to inform the Secret Service.

And you guys call me radical?!?!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

"Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of *****es."

Do you advocate the muder of law enforcement personel? G. Gordon Liddy certainly does.
    I do not advocate the murder of anyone. However, Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris were found not guilty when they were charged with murdering two Federal agents. The Federal agent who shot Mrs Weaver in the head was actually indicted for manslaughter. Self-defense and murder are two differents things.

So in that case Liddy was correct and was not calling for murder.

I'm for McCain, Obama scares me......

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I do not advocate the murder of anyone. However, Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris were found not guilty when they were charged with murdering two Federal agents. The Federal agent who shot Mrs Weaver in the head was actually indicted for manslaughter. Self-defense and murder are two differents things.

So in that case Liddy was correct and was not calling for murder.
    He was talking about Waco, not Ruby Ridge. So, was he calling for murder?

You may not advocate it, but you certainly seem to be justifying the killing of law enforcement personel.

Are you talking about the civil war in Nicaragua in the 80s?
    I'm talking about that as well as the rape and murder of 4 American nuns in El Salvador. Does John McCain support that? He certainly supported the supporters of that.

I'm talking about that as well as the rape and murder of 4 American nuns in El Salvador. Does John McCain support that? He certainly supported the supporters of that.
    Get real.

Look, the civil war in Nicaragua was a dictator named Daniel Ortega, who took power in a junta, vs a group fighting for freedom. McCain supported the freedom fighters. The Democrats supported Ortega. Atrocities were committed by BOTH SIDES. I still say McCain chose to back the correct side.

He was talking about Waco, not Ruby Ridge. So, was he calling for murder?

You may not advocate it, but you certainly seem to be justifying the killing of law enforcement personel.
    I advocate using self defense to protect yourself.

Again, why is Waco ok to you? That raid was based on bad intel. Those people were murdered.

So you were a supporter of Ollie North in the Iran Contra scandal I take it?
    Not to mention supporting the fachist dictator Somoza.

Psycho.

You...

Are...

Insane...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Get real.
    But you are condeming Barack Obama for a tenuous relationship with William Ayers. Shouldn't John McCain be judged by the same standards?

Regarding the nuns, they were murdered by a right wing government. Ronald Reagan gave support to the government of El Salvador in the 80s. Since John McCain is a self expressed Reaganite, he probably supported them as well. Ergo, by your logic, he supported the murder of the 4 American nuns in El Salvador.

Isn't guilt by association a fun game to play?

BTW, did you know John McCain's father-in-law is a convicted felon? Kind of makes you think...

Again, why is Waco ok to you? That raid was based on bad intel. Those people were murdered.
    I never said Waco was okay with me. I'm asking you if you condemn G. Gordon Liddy's remarks about killing law enforcement personel. Do you?

“he only condemned him AFTER he was running for President”

So, as the great mind reader you are, tell me more of what lies in the heart and mind of Barack Obama.

Does anyone here really think back to all of the people they have worked with or done business with and say “I denounce what you have done” ?

Get real. If the organization you are working with does good things but has some people in it you disagree with, you more often than not choose to ignore those people to work for the common good. In fact, I would say that happens to most people every day.

I personally have known people who dealt drugs, used drugs, were with Mafia ties -Chinese and Italian..and probably much worse than I know about. Were I to run for an office, I would not give those people a second thought unless their behavior became an issue – as in someone said “You used to know so and so… “

In that instance, it would first be a “And, your point is?” as I probably have not given that person a second thought. Then it would be “Well, duh…of COURSE I don’t condone or support that person’s actions… Now let’s talk about more important things instead of asinine distractions…”

And by the way 1bad…you often come very close to violating the rules of this board with insults and personal attacks on those you disagree with. If you can’t discuss things without such approaches, EVEN IF SOMEONE ELSE INSULTS YOU…you should not say anything, At some point, everyone needs to master their anger and other strong distracting emotions. It is truly a pity when a person reaches an age, say 72, and can’t calm down and refuse to embrace anger and rage.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    So you were a supporter of Ollie North in the Iran Contra scandal I take it?
    Not to mention supporting the fachist dictator Somoza.
    I think things should be above board. But the Democrats controlled Congress. Democrats like John Kerry and Tom Harkin were meeting openly with Ortega and pledging to stop Reagan from supporting those who felt they should have the right to actually vote for or against Ortega.

Ortega took power in a junta in 1979. It was not until 1984 that elections were held.

Again, atrocities were committed by both sides. The Contras, who wanted elections, were definately the lesser of two evils.

An article with a picture of Kerry, Harkin and Ortega together:

http://www.tldm.org/news9/latinamericanleftists.htm

I never said Waco was okay with me. I'm asking you if you condemn G. Gordon Liddy's remarks about killing law enforcement personel. Do you?
    I told you I condemn murder. If an agent shoots your unarmed teenage son in the back, I feel you have a right to defend your family.

Waco and Ruby Ridge share another similarity. People in both instances were charged with murdering Federal agents. 2 in Ruby Ridge, 12 in Waco. The Government got ZERO convictions for those charges.

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    “he only condemned him AFTER he was running for President”

So, as the great mind reader you are, tell me more of what lies in the heart and mind of Barack Obama.
    So he condemend him before he ran for President?

You know I'm 100% correct here. And I'm using real dates and words, not mind-reading.