Page 153 of 194 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

I don't belevie Obama ever said he would bomb Pakistan without informing them. He stated he would take out Bin Laden with or without informing them, should they not hand Bin Laden over themselves, assuming they knew precisely where he is.

In my opinion, any President who does not declare war with the approval of the house and senate and executes an act of war should be removed from office and tried accordingly.
    Last edited by brothernumber9; 10-24-2008 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Tell that to the Nazis and the Japanese.

Force is what caused them to cease attacking sovereign nations and occupation is what made sure that the problems did not repeat themselves.
    I"m sorry, but that is not accurate.

the Marshall plan is a completely different animal than what is being executed in Iraq at this time and also, Iraq was never a truly viable threat to the USA.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

I don't see the ultimate difference between a death sentence in saudi arabia v a death sentence in the USA
    Dear lord you are as ignorant as you are stubborn

In the US, if a woman is raped she is considered a victim and we provide her with support services

In much of the middle east, a women who is raped is not only considered a "shame" to her family, she is considered a criminal for committing adultery!

In a middle easter nation right now there are two European citizens sitting in jail for having consensual sex on a beach. Their "crime" was "fornication" since they aren't married....

If you really dont' see differences, you are a sorry case
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    I don't belevie Obama ever said he would bomb Pakistan without informing them. He stated he would take out Bin Laden with or without informing them, should they not hand Bin Laden over themselves, assuming they knew precisely where he is.

In my opinion, any President who does not declare war with the approval of the house and senate and executes an act of war should be removed from office and tried accordingly.
    US forces are operating in Pakistan territory much in the same way they operated inside the Cambodian border during the Vietnam war. They are doing it unilaterally and without informing the sitting government.

its gonna cause problems.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

US forces are operating in Pakistan territory much in the same way they operated inside the Cambodian border during the Vietnam war. They are doing it unilaterally and without informing the sitting government.

its gonna cause problems.

I agree. That is one of the reasons why I would not vote for McCain. As uninformed as I may be, I feel that we, the U.S., should remove or in the least diminish our military presence, as it is, around the world. We are no longer viewed on a larger scale as capitalists, but as imperialists, and the current administration is only reinforcing that.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Dear lord you are as ignorant as you are stubborn

In the US, if a woman is raped she is considered a victim and we provide her with support services

In much of the middle east, a women who is raped is not only considered a "shame" to her family, she is considered a criminal for committing adultery!

In a middle easter nation right now there are two European citizens sitting in jail for having consensual sex on a beach. Their "crime" was "fornication" since they aren't married....

If you really dont' see differences, you are a sorry case
    unless you live in Palin's state and then you are charged for the investigation materials into your rape.

Are you a middle easterner? Do you live there? Can you state for a fact that this is how it is with every family or maybe it is pluralistic like a backwoods shotgun marriage etc etc?

Plenty of women find themselves alone and abandoned by family and friends and even their husbands right here at home in Canada and the US.

You don't need to start throwing around personal epithets Dave. You nor I are experts in Middle eastern affairs and neither of us has any actual experience in the middle eats whatsoever, so maybe we should talk from points of fact instead of filling the void with incorrect information.

You speak in absolutes, I am asking questions. There's the difference.

There's no point in bringing it down to "you are ignorant" on points where there is no factuality and no pluralism in the attitude towards other cultures. Your attitude is demonstrative of the hegemonic thinking that is propelling the war in Iraq. That much is clear to me,.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

A woman in the US whose family happens to be retards is a tragedy but it IS significantly different than a woman in the middle east who finds herself PROSECUTED as a criminal by the STATE

If you can't grasp that concept, well, that says a lot

I notice you ducked the other case I brought up. Two people who had concensual sex but are now in prison just because they aren't married....

Again, we aren't talking about random wack jobs in the back woods, we are talking about the STATE, the governemnt, doing this stuff

Being San Shou/San Da is such an international sport I've had the pleasure of knowing many Iranians, Egyptians, etc

Without a single exception, all said that living under a government who adheres to Sharia is brutal and oppressive

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post

So you're saying if Obama did do what he said he would in that case, he should be removed from office and tried, correct?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

McCain would do the same thing. He just said it was unwise to tell people you are going to do it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Do you have proof of this?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    McCain would do the same thing. He just said it was unwise to tell people you are going to do it.
    Actually McCain said that Obama's saying you would indeed bomb them without informing them was stupid to say in light of the fact you are negotiating with them for assistance and cooperation.

Do you have proof of this?
    There was never any "proof" of the US in Cambodia when they were there either.
    Fact is, they SHOULD be in Pakistan if they are going after AQ as they are suppose to be.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Actually McCain said that Obama's saying you would indeed bomb them without informing them was stupid to say in light of the fact you are negotiating with them for assistance and cooperation.
    Right. He said saying you would do it was wrong. Not that doing it was wrong.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

It is a mater of record here on the forum that David Jamieson tosses out as "facts" things that when confronted with, he can not cite and support. There was an entire thread to that effect on here.

Sanjuro, US forces in Cambodia was NOT a secret. It was openly known, especially by the cambodians who were there. In today's cell phone camera, internet access, info at the speed of sound world if we were engaged in anything remotely liek Cambodia it would be HUGE NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    It is a mater of record here on the forum that David Jamieson tosses out as "facts" things that when confronted with, he can not cite and support. There was an entire thread to that effect on here.

Sanjuro, US forces in Cambodia was NOT a secret. It was openly known, especially by the cambodians who were there. In today's cell phone camera, internet access, info at the speed of sound world if we were engaged in anything remotely liek Cambodia it would be HUGE NEWS
    I recall how it was denied by the US that they were in Cambodia in the very beginning, 60's if I recall...
    As for US forces in Pakistan, like I said, the SHOULD be in there doing cover ops.
    US has the best covert and spec ops there is, outside the SAS , and they SHOULD use them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !