Page 182 of 194 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Congrats guys !
    This is an exciting time for you.
    History was made, the very first african-american president.
    No longer can people use race as an excuse for their failures, if a Black Man can be elected President of the US, then the only limitations of race are the ones that people give themselves for excuses.
    Well Done President-Elect Obama, well done indeed.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    No, you do not have LIE to get elected.

Reagan ran as a conservative and won 2 landslides. GHW Bush ran as Reagan's succesor and won. Clinton lied to win his first term, but he ran an honest campaign and won his 2nd term. GW Bush ran honest campaigns as well.

Can you Bush haters name just ONE campaign promise he broke?
    Yes, he said, many times actually, that he would not engage in "nation building." Obviously he broke that promise big time with Iraq.

EO

That being said racism doesn't end just because finally a president was elected who wasn't a white guy.

Congratulations USA. Last night turned out about as well as could be expected.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

How will some Afro-American comedians make a living now?

They will no longer be able to use "The Man" and "Whitey" in their standup. "The Man" is now Black!

Three cheers for Obama though. I hope he does a great job, we can sure use the change...

I think it's perfect - Obama is 1/2 White and 1/2 Black. Sounds like we might get a little more racial equality going on here.

MP - While I agree the Neocons destroyed the republican party, they did so by becoming classic democrats and turning their back on the Reagan Revolution.

American exceptionalism is nothing new - the progressive movement created it's modern, imperialistic form under Teddy Roosevelt and continued with Woodrow Wilson and FDR and in it's most benign form - JFK (Who had more in common with Reagan than any modern Dem.)

What we have, is an uneducated, scared generation that wants to sacrifice liberty, self-determination and their freedom for a few government handouts - just like the Wiemar Germans when offered a new deal by the Nazis.

The one really good thing is that in order to get a majority, the Dems had to sacrifice ideological screens and accept conservative democrats into the party - which MIGHT slow down the numbers of strangled babies created by the dems devotion to infanticide.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    That being said racism doesn't end just because finally a president was elected who wasn't a white guy.

Congratulations USA. Last night turned out about as well as could be expected.
    True, but the excuses should end.
    In less than 100 years the States went from segregation to a black man in the Oval Office.
    That means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    MP - While I agree the Neocons destroyed the republican party, they did so by becoming classic democrats and turning their back on the Reagan Revolution.

American exceptionalism is nothing new - the progressive movement created it's modern, imperialistic form under Teddy Roosevelt and continued with Woodrow Wilson and FDR and in it's most benign form - JFK (Who had more in common with Reagan than any modern Dem.)

What we have, is an uneducated, scared generation that wants to sacrifice liberty, self-determination and their freedom for a few government handouts - just like the Wiemar Germans when offered a new deal by the Nazis.

The one really good thing is that in order to get a majority, the Dems had to sacrifice ideological screens and accept conservative democrats into the party - which MIGHT slow down the numbers of strangled babies created by the dems devotion to infanticide.
    Ah, now I know how and why the Republicans lost as much as they did.

The Gorilla in the Center of the Room

"It's the Economy stupid!" -- Battle Cry from the first Clinton admin when they beat an incumbent pres-

What we're seeing is a rejection of the "Trickle Down Theory" of economics. It never worked and never will work for precisely the same reason that communism as an economic policy will never work- HUMAN GREED!

At it's very base- the Dems represent the "Bubble Up" economic theory. This is the belief that if you plant money at the bottom- it will grow to the top. I for one think that this is fundamentally a better theory because it works with human nature and not against it. The poor want to be rich- so naturally they won't hoard their money in the same way the rich do. They'll start businesses- employ people- get educated- and do whatever it takes to grow into a new middle class- they'll do it if you give them the means to do it.

The rich on the other hand want to use handouts to grow their own personal wealth - just like the poor- but with one difference. Their wealth grows at the expense of the poor. Don't believe me---- look around you!

The poor cannot start businessees, because they are POOR!!!!! That don't have the money to get a business going.

Also, the *POOR* do not pay taxes now, and they have not done much to start businesses so far.

Rich people on the other hand, start businesses, provide jobs, and benefits to EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO IS EMPLOYED IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!

NO POOR PERSON HAS EVER DONE THIS!!!!

The rich are over taxed, and over regulated as it is. They need relife so they can survive. If they don't survive, no one else will either.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    The poor cannot start businessees, because they are POOR!!!!! That don't have the money to get a business going.

Also, the *POOR* do not pay taxes now, and they have not done much to start businesses so far.

Rich people on the other hand, start businesses, provide jobs, and benefits to EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO IS EMPLOYED IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!

The rich are over taxed, and over regulated as it is. They need relife so they can survive. If they don't survive, no one else will either.
    LMAO !!!
    Dude...
    I especially like this part:
    " They need relife so they can survive."

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Are you this willfully obtuse in real life?...
    This is, after all, the simple defenition of a Neocon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post

We don't agree alot, but this 100% true.

Again, anyone who says trickle down has never worked is either a liar or ignorant. CBO, IRC, and US Census figures prove that millions of Americans from ALL income brackets saw their earnings go up in the 1980s.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Listen to these ignorant Obama voters explain why they voted for Obama. This is scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJyNUeZpq-k
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Who paid off what debt? Please explain your thinking....(this should be good...)
    Are you this ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Not completely true. Race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have covered themselves by saying how Obama 'doesnt count' and is not a 'real black man' as he is not a descendant of slaves.