Page 186 of 194 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Mostly, yes. Do you see alot or foreclosures in Beverly Hills?

Westlake, the upper-class area where I live doesn't have many at all compared to the much lower priced areas.
    This will be a difficult game, but try to follow if you can--- You just read the Strain theory of society, so you'll have some grasp of the lie and peoples desires and lack of means to achieve them. You also must understand the myths created by marketing and societal pressure to achieve those myths. You must also comprehend that as a nation, we're horribly financially illiterate. You also need to know how creditors rewrote the laws so that any missed payment allows them to raise your interest and that is a payment anywhere not just to them- you could be late paying a rental fee at a video store and it could cause an interest hike. Also, you cannot declare bankrupcy as easily anymore. Credit card companies can send as many pre-approved cards to you as they want regardless of your ability to pay...

Then throw in corporate greed...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Credit card companies can send as many pre-approved cards to you as they want regardless of your ability to pay...

Then throw in corporate greed...
    And you can CHOOSE to not accept their offers. This is not rocket science.

What about the greed of those who wanted more than they could afford?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

And you can CHOOSE to not accept their offers. This is not rocket science.

What about the greed of those who wanted more than they could afford?
    Again: Strain Theory + Financial Illiteracy + Corporate Irresponsibility = What we have now.

Again: Strain Theory + Financial Illiteracy + Corporate Irresponsibility = What we have now.
    Let's make some commercials and cartoons that portray crack as good and then give children crack... and then let's complain about the crack addicts...

Even if we accept your theory, you need ALL three. A lack of any 1 of those and the problem is headed off.

Being 'Financial Illiterate' and stupid are two different things. I was offered an ARM, I responded by saying no and changing realtors. When I bought my Mustang GT the salesman pitched the Shelby to me. 'Hey, it's only $20k more'. I said no. It's really not that hard to say no to something you can't afford.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Even if we accept your theory, you need ALL three. A lack of any 1 of those and the problem is headed off.
    Now you're starting to sound like a Democrat

Now you're starting to sound like a Democrat
    No, because I feel personal responsibilty is the easiest one to achieve. It requires NO Governement intervention at all. Just using common sense can solve alot of problems.

No, because I feel personal responsibilty is the easiest one to achieve. It requires NO Governement intervention at all. Just using common sense can solve alot of problems.
    ok- so now you're in the Taxpayer party.

Westlake, the upper-class area where I live doesn't
    have many at all compared to the much lower priced areas.
    Wow, a rich white guy that hates paying taxes. That's original.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

"California Gay Marriage Ban Appears Headed for Victory

A proposed constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in California is ahead by a narrow margin early Wednesday."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...es-nationwide/

And this was in California!!!!
    Good for you!!!!!! Remember this would have been (and still is) considered radical and subversive 30-40 years ago. Now it was just narroly defeated....Sounds okay to me.

I'm also looking at some propositions here in Colorado. Proposition 46 which would end Affrimative Action looks like it will be defeated.

But the one I'm impressed with is #48 with would have recognized human life at the point of conception....That one was soundly...SOUNDLY defeated 3 to 1. Colorado send a clear message to the Neos to push that garbage elsewhere.

you LIKE paying taxes?

and a lot of taxes are just plain dumb, I am self employed so I pay directly my health insurance. It is money I never see, I send it to the giant office (that half the time denies my claims) yet I pay TAX on that as "income"

So not only am I paying $2000 per month to be insured, I am paying another $300 or so in taxes on that money, ie I have $2300 LESS per month to live on
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you LIKE paying taxes?

and a lot of taxes are just plain dumb, I am self employed so I pay directly my health insurance. It is money I never see, I send it to the giant office (that half the time denies my claims) yet I pay TAX on that as "income"

So not only am I paying $2000 per month to be insured, I am paying another $300 or so in taxes on that money, ie I have $2300 LESS per month to live on
    I don't MIND paying taxes. I see taxes as my civic responsibility. I like having good roads. I like having good schools. I like having a fire station 2 blocks from my house. I don't mind giving assistance to others who are less fortunate than myself. But, I agree some taxes are unreasonable.

Anywhoo, my insurance is taken out pre-tax since I work and toil for the largest energy services company on the planet. But, you get to deduct money paid for insurance off your income when you file your returns. It evens out in the end.

I don't like the system, but hey, God bless Richard Nixon for allowing it to happen.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 11-05-2008 at 01:30 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you LIKE paying taxes?

Sounds like a great endorsement of nationalized health care!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Wow, a rich white guy that hates paying taxes. That's original.
    I don't live in Westlake. But yes, I am rich. I make over $36.5k/yr.

Obama will re-affirm I am rich by raising my taxes. Just wait and see.

Who saw this coming?

Looks like Mr Nostradamus was wrong AGAIN:

"Dow Plunges 400 as Investors Shift Focus to Economy

A case of post-election nerves sent stocks lower Wednesday as investors worried about recession began questioning what impact a Barack Obama presidency will have on business and the overall economy."

http://finance.yahoo.com/