Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

And the hits just keep coming!

I still seem nowhere near the end of play. Two new sets of antagonists have just been added in, one by side plots and one by the main plot... also new weapons and armor just became available including power armor (which rocks for damage reduction) and the plasma rifle - an energy weapon that melts many targets into a small puddle of green goo.

Oh... and my character's reputation has grown to the point where antagonist factions have put a bounty out on his head and he's getting ambushed by mercenaries... which is OK because the mercenaries are kinda mokes...

Now the soldiers who I stole the power armor and plasma rifle from... not mokes.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

yeah they will put out hits on you.

did people start giving gifts as offerings of thanks?

Yes, to the point where I have occasionally had encumberance problems when both I and my ally NPC have full inventories and people keep giving me more random gifts.

And I'm using the hyper-intelligent super mutant for my ally.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

really? where did you get him?

i had someone from the brotherhood of steel helping me for a bit.

When you go to get the GECK from the vault full of mutants he will ask you to free him. If you do he'll go get the GECK for you and then will part company with you. Later, when you escape from the Enclave, he will be out front killing Enclave soldiers with a gattling laser and will ask to join you.
    Simon McNeil

thanks man! that is exactly where i am at.

what system are you playing this on?

check out the left 4 dead demo too.

X360

And left4dead isn't exactly my sort of game but I reccommended it to the guy who sits next to me at work.
    Simon McNeil

nice man.

my gamer tag is :

jasonDLS

add me, we should get a collection of kung fu mag. people's gamer tags.

LOL! I'll try to remember to do that.
    Simon McNeil

so i bought a 40" HDTV and Oblivion.

pretty darn sick. Had my buddy bring over fallout and tried it out. SUPER SICK!

im not gonna break up my oblivion. im a one game at a time kinda guy, but fallout and is next on the list for sure.

really dig oblivion, and the new tv helps.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I just killed my first Deathclaw. Those things suck....I'd rather run into a room full of super mutants.

Overall its a good game. Though the whole shock factor was probably lost on me. After playing Morrowind and Oblivion, Fallout just doesn't seem as big and empty as I think they were going for. Though its still fun. Don't know if its as cool as Shivering Isles though.

I kinda like how on Fallout you don't have a bunch of redundant crap to work up like Athletics and Acrobatics. You just put stuff to whatever you want as opposed to jumping around all day. Though the display annoys me. The writing on the pip boy is too small and I hate sitting close to the tv since I play in bed when its late and nothing else to do. And the world well...city...being too small. No reason I should be able to walk across it all in 10 minutes. Even Oblivion had some expanse to it.

Going between Fallout 3 and Dead Space atm. Dead Space is sick...curb stomp from Hell How can you not like a game that was banned in 5 countries

Don't think I'll be able to beat em though. Gotta live it up while I have time. Once school starts I won't have time with being a full time student, work, flying missions (still in reserves) and training. Oh well....at least I'm still single Got 99 problems but a #!$%@ ain't one

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I just killed my first Deathclaw. Those things suck....I'd rather run into a room full of super mutants.
    I'm using a plasma rifle and tesla armor - one of the sickest combos of armor and weapon in the game (especially with 100 in energy weapons) and the first Deathclaw I killed went down easy due to sneak attack critical. The second literally almost ripped my head off.

Overall its a good game. Though the whole shock factor was probably lost on me. After playing Morrowind and Oblivion, Fallout just doesn't seem as big and empty as I think they were going for. Though its still fun. Don't know if its as cool as Shivering Isles though.
    Oblivion is on my to-get list. I have a picture of it as being like Might and Magic: Elements: Dark Messiah only not sucking.

Though the display annoys me. The writing on the pip boy is too small and I hate sitting close to the tv since I play in bed when its late and nothing else to do. And the world well...city...being too small. No reason I should be able to walk across it all in 10 minutes. Even Oblivion had some expanse to it.
    According to the promotional information Fallout 3 is about the same area as Oblivion... Perhaps that's including the interiors of vaults and such. Have you done any optional vault crawls yet?

Going between Fallout 3 and Dead Space atm. Dead Space is sick...curb stomp from Hell How can you not like a game that was banned in 5 countries
    Is it available for XBox?
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'm using a plasma rifle and tesla armor - one of the sickest combos of armor and weapon in the game (especially with 100 in energy weapons) and the first Deathclaw I killed went down easy due to sneak attack critical. The second literally almost ripped my head off.
    I think I killed it using that special laster rifle you get from Harkness and some Talon Armor. Took about 4 hits I think. I just ran into it at a bad spot in a junkyard and had no room to move; took about 3 or 4 hits myself and had to use 2 stimpacks to survive (I started at full health)

Oblivion is on my to-get list. I have a picture of it as being like Might and Magic: Elements: Dark Messiah only not sucking.
    Never played that so don't know. Get the game of the year edition though (I think that's all they sell anymore) so you get Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. SI is almost another game in itself its so big. The mechanics are about the same as Fallout 3 if you make a melee toon. And some of the skills are the same. But the games play a lot different due to how the progression is set up with skills and such. You don't level up by doing things as there is no XP. You have 10 skills (that you pick like the tag skills in FO3) and as those develop you gain levels and every level you get to add stat points (how much depending on what skills you used, if you melee'd a lot you can add lots of strength as opposed to sneaking and getting agility).

According to the promotional information Fallout 3 is about the same area as Oblivion... Perhaps that's including the interiors of vaults and such. Have you done any optional vault crawls yet?
    Not yet. I'm just after talking to the doc in Rivet City about your father in the main plot. Been doing mostly alternate stuff and just looking around. I don't know, it just seems smaller. And I will say at least at this point I think Oblivion has more crawls. My guy has 350 "Places Found." About 20 from SI so that's still about 330. I'd say a 1/3-1/2 of those are caves or dungeons of some sort.

Is it available for XBox?
    Yes! I run the 360 myself. We actually get the best version since Xbox has all the downloadable stuff.

350?!?!????!?

I got a lot more exploring to do... I played through most of the main plot and I've found about 80 locations. ROTFL I love that game.

How did you get the special laser rifle from Harkness? The rivet city optional stuff has irked me because I have had trouble finding the slaver... and my toon has been largely an emancipator / slaver killer (wiped out Paradise Falls recently).
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    350?!?!????!?

I got a lot more exploring to do... I played through most of the main plot and I've found about 80 locations. ROTFL I love that game.

How did you get the special laser rifle from Harkness? The rivet city optional stuff has irked me because I have had trouble finding the slaver... and my toon has been largely an emancipator / slaver killer (wiped out Paradise Falls recently).
    Sorry I should say, 350 on Oblivion. On FO3 about 45 atm. I kinda went out of order on some things. I just found GNR Station. But I've got a couple clues ahead of the quest cuz I hit Rivet City first on an alternate quest. Honestly for Harkness I didn't do 9/10 of the quest. I haven't even been to Paradise Falls. Actually I got the quest totally at random in Grayditch when that Watts chick ran me down and interrogated me out of nowhere in the middle of giant ants. And you confront Harkness/Zimmer at Rivet so I finished it up while I was there. You gotta get the clues about Pinkerton and then go find him in the broken off part of the hull. Then go back to Harkness (good karma) or Zimmer (bad karma). You gotta talk to Pinkerton too if you want to get the bonus from the Survival Guide quest there as well.

As for the Slaver IN Rivet. Well I can tell you. I found out on yet another random totally not related thing. Its not really a spoiler for me but dunno bout you as you actually did all the stuff I skipped. He's the disgrunted guy with a totally not guy name