Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Edition: Combat Philosophy of Wong Shun Leung

2nd Edition: Combat Philosophy of Wong Shun Leung

Hi All,

Just Announcing here that David Peterson's 2nd Edition of his great book "Look Beyond the Pointing Finger: The Combat Philosophy of Wong Shun Leung" will be available soon.
    "Now presented in an Expanded 2nd Edition, containing even more information and profusely illustrated with photographs exclusive to the author, ‘Look Beyond the Pointing Finger: the Combat Philosophy of Wong Shun Leung’ is a book from which martial artists of any system, especially devotees of Wing Chun, will gain both inspiration and a greater insight into the development of their own Personal Protection skills.

Expanded 2nd Edition has 218 pages !"

Available thru Cranes Production, please follow this link for ordering information, http://cranesproduction.net/index.ph...84e54a002c1166.

For Canadian orders please contact me personally.

James

hey you beat me to it lol
    been hearing good things mine should be here soon ,,,
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    hey you beat me to it lol
    been hearing good things mine should be here soon ,,,
    Thought I would get it out there Bro...Christmas is coming up, the book would be a nice treat for any Martial Artist to appreciate

I've heard good things as well, will be picking mine up soon too. I'll definetly post a review.

JR

cool my first one got wrecked in a flood. Do you know if he is doing a deal with the videos. As i have been waiting to get them as david said the book would be out soon. Hopefully i can get david to sign this one too. The first one was great and im sure this one will be better

Cool. Thanks for the heads up James. Where can we get it? Its already sold out at CranesProductions.

Just got this

-----------------

Dear Friends of the MCMAC,

I am pleased to be able to let you know that the long-awaited Second Edition of my book, 'Look Beyond the Pointing Finger: the Combat Philosophy of Wong Shun Leung' is now about to be published. More than twice the length of the original 2001 edition, it contains much more material about the WSL Method, whilst still retaining the original core section of my late Sifu's wisdom. It is totally up-to-date, incorporating photos from all the recent trips overseas this year, so many of you, both long-time and more recent members of our extended Family will find your images within the pages. The latest word is that we can expect to be able to get holdof copies in December, hopefully just in time for the Xmas stockings
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuan fa View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up James. Where can we get it? Its already sold out at CranesProductions.
    Hey Chuna Fa,

As far as I know, the 2nd edition won't be available from Cranes Production until late December. Did you contact them directly? If so let me know and I can chat with them too. I would assume that if the demand is high they will print more copies

James

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    As far as I know, the 2nd edition won't be available from Cranes Production until late December.
    Hey James,
    Let me know when you get some in. I'll probably be looking for at least one copy.

Bill
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Hey James,
    Let me know when you get some in. I'll probably be looking for at least one copy.

Bill
    Will do Bill I should be putting an order in soon.

James

Is there anywhere in the UK selling this?

£40+ for a book is fairly steep (including shipping from Crane Productions) but if there is nowhere on this side of the pond then it looks like I'm forking out £40+!

thanks in advance

David

I don't think it is £40+. More like £36+ unless the exchange rate nosedives. The book price is reasonable but the international shipping charge really stings (~£12) - it is over one third of the total cost.

i'm sure its worth every penny - well i hope it is because i have just paid full price for it!

£42.31 to be exact (including priority shipping)

off to bed now!

David

The mathematics doesn't add up, Gents - on the current exchange rate, US$34.95 (the cost of the book) is equal to 23pounds.50p....
    DMP

i think we was factoring in the priority shipping for another $34

however it seems to have changed literally overnight to only $26.80 for First Class International Package from around $31 - never mind!

i should imagine that once i get it, i think its worth every penny

all the best

David

Absolutely fantastic!

Crane Productions service was second to non - i received almost $15 back because shipping wasnt as much as expected, it was due to be sent today but it actually got sent on 19th from USA and i got it today (24th) in the UK - 3 working days later. with Christmas post!

havent even opened it yet - im still working

thanks guys!

PS: Merry Christmas, and a happy new year to one and all!