Thread: Martial Arts World Records and Stunts

Hybrid View

i love the whole "kungfu guys karate chopping". its pretty popular to say that.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i love the whole "kungfu guys karate chopping". its pretty popular to say that.
    I am hoping to learn the karate chop in my next Wing Chun class.

Quote Originally Posted by golgo View Post
    I am hoping to learn the karate chop in my next Wing Chun class.
    lol. i dare you to ask your teacher "hey sifu, when do i learn the karate chop?"
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I want to learn the Judoooooo CHOP!!!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

For Simon:

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I want to learn the Judoooooo CHOP!!!
    Before Austin Powers made it famous, Barney and Fred showed the devastating power of this technique: Judo Chop!
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

not quite Guinness

But this is kind of what I had in mind for this thread. I get these occasional newsfeeds about some bizarre qigong/jianghu stunt in China trying to bust into Guinness. Here's a typical one.
    Friday, December 12, 2008
    Man pulls car with eyelids

A Chinese martial arts enthusiast pulled a one tonne car by a rope fastened to his eyelids. Luo Deyuan, 21, of Guiyang, also pulled the vehicle by fastening the rope to a piercing in his neck, reports Guizhou Metropolis News. He said he learned his skills from a local master, adding: “I really wanted to do something special.” And he says he has succeeded as his bizarre stunts have been featured on television as far away as Mexico. Luo says he has another 23 stunts, including lifting two buckets of water with his eyelids, stopping electric fans with his tongue, and walking on sharp blades. And he is now hoping to get his name in the Guinness Book of Records, adding: “I really want to perform my stunts on a bigger stage.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

do you think his eyelids are stretched out permanently?