Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nam Pai Chuan

Question Nam Pai Chuan

Hello all, I'm quite interested to find out more about this style of martial art, Is this a legit style of Shaolin Kung Fu? I know there is a school local to me and i'm thinking of going to check this out.
    Would be great if anyone who has done or still does study the Nam Pai Chuan style to help me out here.

many thanks
    Doug Maverick on jet li and his final movie.

jet li: i don't want to do martial arts films no more i want to do regular acting!

producers: B!tch you can't act you better stick to kicking and punching thas what you do.

jet li: but i'm tired of it and my knees hurt!

producer(pulls out contract): well this here says we got five more film out your ass, and trust me there not going to be no romance comedy with, jennifer aniston. hey don't you wushu guys have a saying "eat bitter"

what would nam pai quan mean?

seems to me like a badly translated made up style ....

unless you are just referring to nanquan, in which case, you should head over south to the southern forum.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Hello mate this is one of the sites http://www.nampaichuan.com/
    Doug Maverick on jet li and his final movie.

jet li: i don't want to do martial arts films no more i want to do regular acting!

producers: B!tch you can't act you better stick to kicking and punching thas what you do.

jet li: but i'm tired of it and my knees hurt!

producer(pulls out contract): well this here says we got five more film out your ass, and trust me there not going to be no romance comedy with, jennifer aniston. hey don't you wushu guys have a saying "eat bitter"

erm... could be anything. It tries to refer to the style as shaolin southern 'family' fist style. Theres a whole tread about the use of the word pai somewhere on this forum. You should go take a look.

probably a mix of a few southern styles if anything.
    得 心 應 手

The listed founder, Shi Gao Can reputedly traveled through singapore and malaysia and took on hundreds if not thousands of students.

Upon his death, like happens when many kungfu masters of repute die, many people attribute their arts to him if they spent time learning with him.

subsequently you have many schools that are connected with Shi Gao Can, but that do not have an actual strictly formed curriculum derived from his principle teachings.

But then, many active teachers have learned from different sources and cannot attribute their curriculum to any one single line, but often they will anyway.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    alot of the empty hand forms looked made-up. The spear set also looked made-up.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Aren't all forms 'made up'?

Or do you mean to say "made up badly?"

certainly not!
    MY forms are direct transmission from the hand of God.

those forms however, were made-up...badly.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I would like elaboration on what you mean by "made-up"... please understand I am not disagreeing with you. In the vids every single form looked "odd" and unimpressive to me, but then I have seen people who looked amazing on film and then were ehhh in reality, and vice versa... So, I can take no stance from just viewing these vids, I would have to be in their presence, experience there fajing, etc...

hmm, i only watched the first three and they pretty much looked like gum gong type of stuff.

I didn't get to watch all of it.

But yeah, all forms are made up and many are compilations of qigongs mixed with martial technique which can obfuscate meaning to some extent when viewed without knowledge of the working aspects.

solo forms in general are like this from most styles where attacks aren't just blatant.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

there is a noticeable difference between forms that are based on a solid framework of technique, power generation, theory, concepts,hei-gung, etc and a bunch of moves strewn together.
    The odd thing here is that the forms performed by the Chinese Sifu seemed to be more traditional, yet the forms demonstrated by the students seemed to be recently crested-possibly as beginner sets for the students.
    Sometimes, a system has only a few sets, which contain the higher level technique and there isn't a beginner set for the neophyte.
    This is because many systems were designed to be taught to a small select few on a one to one transmission from Sifu to student. When you teach to the masses, beginner sets are often created as a vehicle to get the student 'up to speed' in order to be able to grasp the techniques in the later forms, sort of like stepping stones. A child needs to learn his alphabet before forming sentances and writing literary works.
    I myself, have also added two rudimentary, beginner sets in my curriculum, as the Pillar sets in Hung-Ga are very long and complex.
    Some families of Choy Li Fut teach Ng Lun Ma and Ng Lun Choy, or Kun Jun for this very reason.
    The problem here is that these beginner sets do not seem to be connected to the advanced sets at all in structure or method.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    what would nam pai quan mean?

seems to me like a badly translated made up style ....

unless you are just referring to nanquan, in which case, you should head over south to the southern forum.
    apparently nam pai chuan means south north fist & not south sect or family fist. there was a lengthy discussion on MAP about them a while back

The listed founder, Shi Gao Can reputedly traveled through singapore and malaysia and took on hundreds if not thousands of students.

Upon his death, like happens when many kungfu masters of repute die, many people attribute their arts to him if they spent time learning with him.

subsequently you have many schools that are connected with Shi Gao Can, but that do not have an actual strictly formed curriculum derived from his principle teachings.

But then, many active teachers have learned from different sources and cannot attribute their curriculum to any one single line, but often they will anyway.
    I agree with you on the Shi Gao Can connection

nothing I teach is "made up"

it is all "stolen"

(of course, it is only stolen from the best, you remember that!)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Mano Mano View Post
    apparently nam pai chuan means south north fist & not south sect or family fist. there was a lengthy discussion on MAP about them a while back

I agree with you on the Shi Gao Can connection
    yeah. saw their site logo now. For some reason i cannot open half their sites from my site. weird
    得 心 應 手

can someone please give me a direct link to the video page?

I need to find some way to get over this **** wall
    得 心 應 手