Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Tsun

Wing Tsun

HI!
    ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE HERE THAT KNOW OF OR PRACTICE WING TSUN?

XIE XIE!
    VIXIE
    learn kindness, learn fellowship, learn kung fu

Thumbs up yes

What do you want to know ??

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT PRACTICES WT, AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE WERE OTHER PEOPLE HERE THAT DO AS WELL SO HE CAN TALK WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO PRACTICE THE SAME STYLE. I DON'T KNOW IF HE'S A MEMBER HERE YET OR NOT...ONCE I FIND OUT, I'LL TELL HIM TO COME TO THIS FORUM.

THANKS!!!

1. lay off the caps lock, please.

2. yeah, i study WT. we have a few more of us out there. be patient and we'll pop up.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

New Jersey--where the weak are killed and eaten
    We like to hide. hiding is fun.

here's where i've been hiding:

image:http://www.rub-the-buddha.cityslide....mixedpaper.jpg
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

WT

Yeah, I know of and practice WingTsun, of course, I don't know near enough of it. Where does your friend study?

Cobra, where do you train?

Cobra, do you train with Jeff Webbs group here in Austin??

WT

Yes, I've been training under Sifu Webb for about 2 years now.

Cool

I'm thinking of training with his group. I moved up from San Antonio where I trained and taught under Will Parker. Dunno, I've thought of actually making the commute once or twice a week to stay under my old instructor.

Sadly, I just learned about Emin bai's split last month. It turns out several of Parkers top students (and friends of mine) are under Emin now and would like me to train with them. I'm really torn about this as I've trained on and off under Parker since '93 but have also trained with his top students very intensely.

Maybe I should just sign up for BJJ and avoid the conflict???

WT Friend

My friend studies in Scotland. I told him about this forum, and hopefully he'll find a friendly resource here.

Thanks for your replies!

want to train cobra??

Cobra, I see you're in Temple. I 'd love to train sometime. My schedule only permits days (before 3pm) and weekends. Also, I'm in South Austin. If you ever want to get together informally I'd itching to do some WT. Its been about 2 yrs since I trained and am getting grumpy

WT

Yeah, I'd love to get together, would probably have to be on a weekend though. E-mail me at yort95@aol.com and we'll see if we can arrange a time to work out.

Sifu Webb has a class during the daytime one day a week and classes on Saturday too just to let you know.

Later,

Scott

visit to austin

i'm going to be visiting austin sometime either next month or february to spend some time with some friends, and i'm hoping to spend a class or two at sifu jeff's kwoon. if i can't, i'd love to meet up with one of you austin folks for some practice.

anyone know if sifu jeff would mind a student from a sister school up in bellingham (david brown's kwoon) dropping in for a class (with warning). and if not, any takers on a bit of tea and chi sau? i'm testing to finish level 8 on the 20th, if that offers perspective.

What's Wing Tsun?
    Last edited by tsb; 12-13-2001 at 12:16 AM.