Quote Originally Posted by DeHui702 View Post
Ok, so there's a random VCD that explains thinking about a form before doing it. Obviously 1000 times isn't literal, just a seed to say think about the form a lot. Doesn't really seem to have anything to do with practicing a military form as though it were Taiji. I honestly thought you were going to discuss more about what your Shifu Dejian taught you.
it was posted as something to considered. another take on forms practice. but he was indeed suggesting that "flowing" the form (not just thinking about it) more often is the key to performing it well, rather than only practicing it full, as that would only exhaust you before long. in my experience, flowing the form is very important in being able to perform it well, by paying attention to detail. so i agree with him

as for master dejian, he is not my shifu and hasnt taught me anything personally. what i said about him was again to present another take on forms practice. in fact, its not really another take, its a whole different lineage that has been very well protected from dilution. the whole curriculum taught by him is very "internal". its never practiced fast. the movements are in coordination with the breath, and he says yelling during the form causes one to waste qi.