Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Subforms of Hung Ga

DF Guest

protocols

If you are visiting another school as a representative of your own school, a phone call should be made ahead of time or in the old days a card stating your lineage and a gift as a friendly gesture. Bottom line when I talk about protocol, the school that you are visiting should know that it is a friendly visit and not an act of challenge (unless that is your intention then it is a different story lol)
    Once you are in the school, should pay respect to the school alter. Don't touch any weapon. Don't step onto the training floor without an invitation or start touching any of the school equipments. If there are students training, keep your opinion to yourself etc. Just use common sense.
    The most important of all, make sure that the school you are visiting does not have any conflict with your own school in the past. It is always a good idea to check with your own sifu first before visiting someone else school. There might have been history in the past that you are not aware of.

Dixon

Leung Wing Hung - Snake Cat Crane Form Book

Quote Originally Posted by DF View Post
    A while back someone asked about the Three Shapes Form: Snake, cat and crane mixed form.
    I was in Chinatown and finally able to purchase this old book. According to the auhtor of the book, it is a recent form created by Leung Wing Hung( sp?). Leung was a disciple of Master Lam Sai Wing. i am still in the process of reading the book, pretty interesting so far. I thought i share this new info with everyone.

DF
    I know this was posted a long long time ago, but maybe DF is still around or someone else may be of help. I'm a relative of Leung Wing Hung, the creator of the Snake Cat Crane Form, and I am looking for a copy of the original book that was published in the 1950's. I'd really appreciate it if anyone willing to part with their copy would contact me. Thanks! - Eric

I practice this set and it's a great form.
    Check with some of the posters at this forum. Here is a thread I started about that set.

http://www.hungkyun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93

DF,

Long time no speak! PM me, let's catch up.

Robert