Ryu - you da man. That was a fine answer.

But - and keep in mind, I am NOT trying to tear him down, just exploring this thought --

Bruce Lee's ideas were only revoloutionary because he was in America. And possibly, Southern China. Having studied both Northern and Southern styles, I've found Northern CMA types have been cross training arts for centuries - they even have a history of spending time traveling and cross training. Southern styles seemn to be more cult like with everyone outsdide the kung fu family beiong an outsider - and well, us insiders we've got something special. (I realize this is a generalization, but I think there is some truth to it).

Bruce Lee's philosophies were nothing new to a great many Norhern CMA like Baji, Xing Yi, Ba Gua, North Mantis - these guys cross trained and fought.

But in the west, where we absorbed that JMA/KMA/SCMA cult like, military attitude and at that time mostly had low levels of training knowledge - he was revoloutionary. He had the lighter - the West was full of cavemen.

I just question everyone following the words of wisdom of somebody, who while perhaps a prodigy, really had limited experience. Just a taking a gaze at the emperor.

Oh, and man I wish I was in his condition. Um, physical, not dead.