Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-Step Court Judgment

Ignore him bro.
    I did not mean to come across as dissing your experience. I apologize. I just have grown to despise people like Shyun and his antics.
    Sorry again for the way I came across.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luk Hop View Post
    Well, we all know the inevitable fate of this thread. Why is it that threads and posts are deleted around here anytime something comes up about this???? Should make people think. If one has nothing to hide then why all of the censorship?

Now I have a deep amount of respect and appreciation for the dedication of Mr. Fernando Blanco-Dopazo and his extensive research in the field of Mantistry as can be seen on Mantiscave, but can the profile of this guy please be updated in order to perpetuate accuracy.

Page Updated: 1st July 2000. ??????????????????????????????????????
    If I had a colored sash ranking system for telling the truth,Lok Hop,you would get a gold sash(sifu),and you would get a CERTIFICATE, NOT A LETTER(which I will debunk later)That is why Psycho Mantis is deleting his threads and hiding like the coward he is.Hey Psycho,I had an idea of who you were before.But after your last comment to EarthDragon,I'm almost sure that I know who you are,and where you train.Earthdragon,Three harmonies is right,just ignore that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    ED-
    If you think Shyun is good, you should really branch out a bit more. There are people out there that Shyun could not hold a flame too!
    Jake
    like who?

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Jake,
    I did not mean to come across as dissing your experience. I apologize. I just have grown to despise people like Shyun and his antics.
    Sorry again for the way I came across.
    Jake

No worries my friend, I knew what you meant I didnt take it negitively at all which is why i went on to explain my situation. I Trust me if I had the opportunity I would to move to San Jose and beg Mr John Chang to teach me or seek out Mr Lin in LA or TX with Mr Ernie Wu Or NYC....... well you get the point. I am sure all of these men are phenominal martial artists and have forgotten more mantis then I know but again being 42 with family and home keeps me for the time being stuck in NY.

lukhop,
    I respect Fernando Blanco as well and thank him for his extensive time he has put into the mantis cave.....but I must say the lineage on 8 step is correct and accurate.
    Shyun although obviously not the sole inheritor is still in the 4th generation time line and then so am I and will be my students. while our dicipleship may be incorrect that is not posted in the mantis cave just lineage and generation from teacher to student... so I am not sure what you would like changed.

Tong Long Jai,
    you cant be serious? to think that thier are no better MA out there is to think for example.... thier are no better guitar players than say your teacher... although they may be great and the best you've seen or crossed hands with there is always someone better and tougher..........

PS Shyun rarely crossed hands or fought anyone of his students. I hae knowen the man since 1989.... I lived with him and had the opportunity to see him attack someone once.. a sifu Gerald from Chicago who spent his life learning 10 animal and went out to seek out each animal styles masters to challenge and learn form them.....while it was awesome to witness explosive and quick I would never say that he is the best in the world or US for that matter maybe even California.. but he is a great fighter none the less
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

psycho,
    dont know why I even responding to your posts and I have been told not to and I may even regret it however............my friends name is Steve Coker he lives in Alden NY and teaches english at the elementary school in Alden NY and teaches shotokahn karate as in his dojo, and has been practicing Gitchen Funakoshi's shototkahn for almost 45 years now. He travels yearly to Japan to teach japanese students english as well as shotokahn... I can assure you he is not japanese, not self promoted , not dead and I did not meet him at a seminar.

Please refrain from claiming you know everything when its obvious you know little......... its makes you look presumptuous and foolish. No disrespect but your claim is a pretty broad assumption. And considering you said I met him at a seminar is evidence enough you are just talking aout of your arse.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Notanexit-

Quote Originally Posted by notanexit View Post
    If I had a colored sash ranking system for telling the truth,Lok Hop,you would get a gold sash(sifu),and you would get a CERTIFICATE, NOT A LETTER(which I will debunk later)That is why Psycho Mantis is deleting his threads and hiding like the coward he is.Hey Psycho,I had an idea of who you were before.But after your last comment to EarthDragon,I'm almost sure that I know who you are,and where you train.Earthdragon,Three harmonies is right,just ignore that ****.
    In the intrest of not hijacking this thread, If you have anything to "debunk", please just do it & stop hijacking threads by constantly bringing this up.
    But, "debunk" it on another thread. This thread is a declaration of a legal suit settled in a court of law.

The last thread you started was removed due to unsubstantiated allegations. I try as a moderator to keep legal libel off the boards.

Best wishes to you all,
    BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

EarthDragon,

My post was in response to an earlier and since deleted post by Pshyco Mantis.

I was in no way making any reference to anyone in the 8 Step community.

My apologies luk hop. I didnt know posts were being deleted at the time I posted. I thought you were reffering to three harmonies post and it fit right in.. whoops...... take care
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Hello Folks,

Non troll motive newbie here. Though I do not know the person of whom you all speak..I'd like to comment just the same. Actually..this is the first time I have ever heard of 8 step mantis(ok stop laughing). I've studied Hsing-I for a few years and now am learning some WC. Both are very different--lol

Anyways..and though some in the WC community may come after me for saying this..I'm not worried since neither person I'm about to mention are people I learn from. The top 2 noise makers in the WC/WT community who pound their chests the loudest (both have schools worldwide that boast large numbers,etc.) are also the ones who are the most controversial. Both claim that it is THEY who were either the late Ip Man's last remaining disciple or learned the "whole" or "secret" system.

Yet, the man who I have learned from(initially in England) is a top disciple of Grandmaster Ip Chun. Grandmaster Chun is a very quiet, humble, nice and polite man who does not need the limelight and certainly does not loudly proclaim that he is the "only" or the "heir" or the "sole head honcho" or WC. And if more people followed this example of having a quiet confidence in themselves..the entire kf community would be better off..

But suing people for teaching WC just because someone else who is a sifu/master wants to give a seminar is just nuts!

3 Harmonies brings up a very good point. Shyun may be an incredible MA..but there is always someone better. With the exception of Bruce Lee..THE most incredible martial artist is a man(actually he passed away recently) by the name of Sensei David Harris. Yet almost noone knew of him because he was so under the radar. I've seen this man drop someone from virtually ANY position. He just toyed with even the most advanced martial artists. In fact Jesse Glover once said that he was the "top 1% or 1% of all martial artists he's ever seen". Yet at the same time I still do not think that there could not be someone out there even better.

Thanks for indulging me guys..

Best,
    PMtive..

Nice post PM

I have always been taught that humblness from the teacher shows everything you need to see when walking into a class.
    For the teacher to have to show off means he is trying to impress his new students that he is worthy of thier learning and thier money..... this is like a millionaire bragging about how much money he has...
    you must realize the guy bragging about how much money he has has only a little.

If you are the real deal then nothing will need protected as no one can take that away from you, thier is no need to own it, copywrite it, control it, feel you are the only one worth having it etc etc.

If you have it and you know it theres no need to show it.. it will be shown on its own.........

The man who toots his own heard cannot be heard across the village........but the man who's horn is tooted by others can be heard across the valley.
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

I would like to say the shyun could fight he may not have done it often but working with him back then he had incredible technique. Remember this comes from someone who has trained with some of the best fighters in the mma world. my current standup comes from fairtex and aka trainers. my ground is gracie orginally charles now cesar. I don't post on here much and have no reason to lie.

Earth Dragon can probablly vouch for my knowledge
    if you don't remember I know dean shawn michael danny etc. I go back to 92

Nice Quote from Wuji about Sensi David Harris:
    http://www.wuji.com/Harris%20Sensei/

As in the tradition of Master Yueng, Dave's pursuit of the arts is to have fun and play, not fighting. Though a highly skilled martial artist, Dave's practice is the study of energy in movement and the dynamics of balance, intent, and momentum. It's not about throwing or hitting someone, it's the interaction of energy, the conversation and possibilities that happens when one person directs force at another.
    Nice!!

woliveri
    thanks for sharing that. it nice to see thier ARE people concerned with growth instead of competition.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Old -
    Really means nothing when you do not even leave a name bro / broette.

Certainly are many other facets of martial arts, but I think many of you forget that they are MARTIAL arts. Not just art. Dave Harris knew this. The quote is out of context to much of what I know of him. Though it certainly seems in his later years combat efficacy was not very important to him.

Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Certainly are many other facets of martial arts, but I think many of you forget that they are MARTIAL arts. Not just art. Dave Harris knew this. The quote is out of context to much of what I know of him. Though it certainly seems in his later years combat efficacy was not very important to him.

Jake
    Only one word comes to mind.

Wuxing (悟性)