Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8-Step Court Judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Old -
    Really means nothing when you do not even leave a name bro / broette.

Certainly are many other facets of martial arts, but I think many of you forget that they are MARTIAL arts. Not just art. Dave Harris knew this. The quote is out of context to much of what I know of him. Though it certainly seems in his later years combat efficacy was not very important to him.

Jake
    I'm not sure if you are talking to me or what really means nothing? But if So my name is Daniel and i trained 8 step at 1405 Noriega with James Sun in the early 90's. Not sure what use my name is since i haven't been involved in 8 step in over 15 years. I am not a great fighter but have trained with great fighters. and know what it feels like to roll and spar with great fighters.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    'The Fools School of Traditional Eclectic Improvisational Chinese Hand Dance.'
    most awesome...never heard of the guy but in looking at all of that i certainly wish I had. RIP.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Jake,

With no disrespect intended. Have you ever seen the late Dave Harris do his thing in person? I've met him(twice) and seen him. All I can say is..the man was an absolute freak show! I'm not knocking anyones instructor..but in all the years I've been alive, I agree with Premtivestrike that he would pretty much have defeated...............................A-N-Y-O-N-E!

Yes I have (I live in Seattle bro). He had some skills for sure. But then again I also saw him demonstrate "No touch" type BS, which was... well.... questionable.

Daniel -
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I just get tired of people on this forum hiding behind the keyboard.

Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Arrow

Yes I have (I live in Seattle bro). He had some skills for sure. But then again I also saw him demonstrate "No touch" type BS, which was... well.... questionable.

Daniel -
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I just get tired of people on this forum hiding behind the keyboard.

Jake

Jake no issues here I forgot there is so much controversy on this subject that there are alot of trolls. i'm so used to Sherdog where if i say i come from Cesar most people automatically know my camp.

I hear ya Jake, I cant stand that either, but I can vouch for Daniel, he has nothing to hide nor trollish in any mannor. He was my kung fu brother but no longer studies 8 step and has left shyun, as most of his old students have, what a shame, our lineage tarnished like that. But he has a whole new crew of brainwashed newbies to carry on the legacy
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Daniel
    I did not mean to imply you are a troll. Certainly your camp speaks for itself, but again, it is the net, and KFO at that!

I really appreciate the forums where they REQUIRE you to post with your real name! Tell you what, it certainly filters out the majority of the BS!!
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Daniel
    I did not mean to imply you are a troll. Certainly your camp speaks for itself, but again, it is the net, and KFO at that!

I really appreciate the forums where they REQUIRE you to post with your real name! Tell you what, it certainly filters out the majority of the BS!!
    Jake
    Yep on Sherdog my main forum my screen name is my real name so it's easier to post.

Daniel

Jake
    then why did you use 'Three Harmonies'?

the alias' are for fun...but, i completely agree that you should also provide your real info.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Every post I make has my name, email, and usually phone number. I am the easiest person to find and contact. I hide nothing!
    Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

i know....was a joke....

I know. Hence the
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

peace and blessing!

im new to this site but have been watching the threads for about 2 years now and now i am a member. i know im kinda late to this thread but im very happy justice was served. i have heard and been told about the stories of mr. sun and the lies he has propagated and unfortunately he has many brain washed members that will follow him no matter what. i have never met any of his newer students but based on threads and post i have seen here it kinda speaks for its self. its really a shame when things like this happens in the chinese martial arts community because we are already looked at by many as not being skilled in actual combat. kung fu has been called every name in the book and since we dont normally fight in mma comps alot of people say it does not work. things like this make it worse because when the skeletons come out the closet tho justice may be served the credibilty of kung fu is further jeperdizes by frauds. the thing is, to my understanding mr. sun is a hell of a martial artist and a good teacher. you would think that would be enough.

i will do my part in being the best student i can be and teach not only combat but morals to whomever i have the opportunity to teach in the future.

hey ed justice finally served!