Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you should never do in a fight

Thumbs up Things you should never do in a fight

What do you think?
    Here is something from me.
    1.You should not let them get close to you,if arenīt having a defense stance.
    2.Donīt wait for their shots,if you arenīt having a safety position.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

things 2 not do

u don't wait -- if u feel it's going 2 go violent ... strike ... strike often ... strike till he drops ... can always apologize later if u were wrong.

though it pains me to say, ginger fist's advice sounds right to me.

stuart b.

I don't know to what extent you can really apologize later. Firstly you have (at minimum) just committed battery (assault in many states). In the even that you chose a weapon (weather improvised or carried) you are somewhere between felony battery (agrivated battery/assault) and murder / attempted murder (depending on how it turns out).

OTOH, I do agree with the general sentiment, if you are about to be fighting, fight. Don't wiat.
    http://www.clearsilat.com

well, yeah. no voice of experience here. but i'd guess that once you've committed to that course of action, that's no time to then get all half-arsed about it.

point taken

I don't know to what extent you can really apologize later. Firstly you have (at minimum) just committed battery (assault in many states). In the even that you chose a weapon (weather improvised or carried) you are somewhere between felony battery (agrivated battery/assault) and murder / attempted murder (depending on how it turns out).

--point taken the apology bit was tongue in cheek ... better to b judged by 9 than carried by 6 (think that's how it goes)

OTOH, I do agree with the general sentiment, if you are about to be fighting, fight. Don't wait.

--kill the ramp up ... take 'em out be4 the guy switches mentally

motrin ap ... motrin

though it pains me to say, ginger fist's advice sounds right to me.

--dude!! that must've been on par with having dull knitting needles shoved in ur eyes!!

hey mate, when you're reasonable with me, it's no worse than sticking brand new cotton swabs in my eyes.

[grin]

ap o

hey mate, when you're reasonable with me, it's no worse than sticking brand new cotton swabs in my eyes.

--ok ... so long as they're not 1st dipped in iodine

you know, these conversations are a whole lot more enjoyable and productive when you're not calling everyone names for disagreeing with you.

i might even start [thunder clap] looking forward to them.

stuart b.

Things you should never do in a fight

Tae Kwon Do!!!

Pretend to beg for mercy while really planning to smash the opponent in the nose...if they get to you first and beat you you look like a snivelling wussbag.

And of course, the number one thing you should never do in a fight...
    LOSE

I'm not a believer in holding back
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

1. Never let the guy get too close. This may sound obvious, but I've seen a lot of people get headbutted or kneed in the groin because they let the person get too close.
    Here's something I used to use when working as a bouncer, which I realized after I finished doorwork that Geoff Thompson also uses and calls "The Fence" :
    Keep the person at around arms-length. You can do this by having your hands up, palms facing outwards in a non-threatening manner. If the guy tries to move closer you can block his shoulder. If he tries to strike you've already got your hands up to cover or block, and if you wish to strike you've got your perfect set-up. My preferred option was to spin the guy around and apply a sleeper choke.

2. Never back down. This might sound crazy, but it works. If you back down, some people (especially predator-types) will take advantage of that.
    Most people really don't want to get into fights, even if they're acting like a tough-guy. I learned this also from working as a bouncer. Bouncing is 90% bluff. I’ve been in a possible multiple attack situation, but because I was sooo keen to fight against these four guys, they thought something wasn’t right, and so one of them tried to placate me and a fight was avoided. Always give the guy a way out, but don’t look like you’re trying to avoid the fight.

3. Don’t underestimate your opponent. This means many things, such as never let the guy get the first punch in (you don’t know – he could be a boxing champ with a punch like a mule kick). Always assume he is (i) a trained fighter, (ii) has friends coming and (iii) might have a weapon. So, assuming these things, hit hard, hit first and keep hitting until he is finished.

Lightbulb im not sure

if you have your hands facing out...it would be easy to apply joint locks to your wrist...maybe im just visualizing what you mean incorrectly.
    "I am not ashamed, what is vital isn't always humane" - #8

Talking another bad thing

something else you shouldn't do in a fight is stop to chat with onlookers...even if it is about the fight.
    "I am not ashamed, what is vital isn't always humane" - #8

Number one thing not to do in a Fight

I just thought I would share this, because I actually saw this happen earlier today....

I was walking to class today in the rain and saw two guys arguing. As one began to walk away the other came up behind him to rush him. However before he could throw his first punch he slipped and fell, the other guy then soundly stomped his face in. Moral of the story know your limits, know your surroundings... and try not to fall.