Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Kicks?

I started my MA career, like so many others, in TKD way back in jr. high. I eventually completely abandoned training high kicks because I kept getting smothered whenever I sparred with anyone with any real toughness. I ended up in Hung Gar for a long time and was totally sold on the whole idea that you should never kick above the knee in a real fight. Trained in China since 2000 and the Taiji and Baji I learned there only reinforced that idea. Then last year I came back to SF for a while and met this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV5pAfRB5Q8

Completely revolutionized how I see kicks. The dude can throw down. I could NOT get past his feet to close on him. He was an occasional sparring partner with me last year and now I have added high kick training back in to my training. He's high kick obsessed and also one of the top 2 or 3 fighters I have ever sparred with.

Definately got the "real" kicks.

p.s. The comments in the description of the clip are NOT him. He doesn't call himself "sifu" anything and he doensn't talk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Very awesome.
    Excellent clip too with such a variety of styles.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    No members posted an video?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwoo View Post
    where it only that I had a video camera....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwoo View Post
    A lot of these folk would rather surf the net than actually practice gung fu me thinks
    My kicks are just average for a hobby practitioner such as myself and getting weaker and slower everyday as I age.

Truth is I was hoping some of these oh so outspoken "experts" might show us some skill other than the ability to make half wit catty comments via their anonymous screen names. Oh well.....
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up