Page 32 of 243 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: does obama bring change?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You liberals never had a problem with Byrd when he was critical of Bush.
    Who said anything about Sen Byrd other than you? I don't see any other post that even mention his name.

As I said what happened 50-60 years is another time and place. I have no problem with the man. He's worked for racial equality and civil rights for the last 40 years.

I'm more concerned with the here and now and all of the Neos signing up for the new version of the KKK.

The war in Iraq: Well, of course, he's better than the alternative but Obama really screws the pooch when it comes to Iraq.

He want's to take 19 months to get those troops out? F that, If I was President they would be out in 19 days.

Also, he wants to leave 50K troops there??????? simply disgraceful.

It's time we got out of the middle east and let them run their own affairs. This includes Afganistan. It's simply time to get out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    The war in Iraq: Well, of course, he's better than the alternative but Obama really screws the pooch when it comes to Iraq.

He want's to take 19 months to get those troops out? F that, If I was President they would be out in 19 days.

Also, he wants to leave 50K troops there??????? simply disgraceful.

It's time we got out of the middle east and let them run their own affairs. This includes Afganistan. It's simply time to get out of there.
    Do you know how long it takes to move and reasign those many troops?
    19 months is a tad optimistic to be truthful.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Do you know how long it takes to move and reasign those many troops?
    19 months is a tad optimistic to be truthful.
    I know what the conservative war machine wants you to believe. Truthfully all they have to do is say stop what you are doing, go to your barrack/tent/where ever you sleep, grab a duffel and you are outta here. They could easily transport 20-30k troops a day out of Iraq.

They didn't seem to have much trouble getting out of Vietnam in 1974.

I looked it up for you. And it looks like you don't even have to pick the check up, they are gonna send it to you.

"Barack Obama says he will give 95 percent of all American workers a tax cut but does not mention that his plan would send checks to tens of millions of tax filers who pay no personal income taxes - payments that critics say look "suspiciously like welfare."

Mr. Obama's campaign promise, which he has repeated in his speeches and in the presidential debates, stems from his "Making Work Pay" tax cut that will give a $500 refundable tax credit to every worker or $1,000 to each working couple. But because this provision in his economic-recovery plan is "refundable," a large number of middle- to lower-income workers who have no income-tax liability after taking tax credits and deductions the that Internal Revenue Service allows, will be given the equivalent of the tax cut in the form of direct payments from the U.S. Treasury - funded by higher-income taxpayers."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-who-dont-pay/
    As much as I tried to stay away...

Your article says nothing about payroll taxes, which make up the majority of the middle class tax burden. It's also dated October 13, 2008

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=794

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    I'm referring to income taxes. They are BY FAR the largest percentage of taxes the middle class pays.
    Actually, no (page 19, Chart 5)....

http://www.kc.frb.org/PUBLICAT/ECONR.../4q06davig.pdf
    From my link: "Since payroll taxes are paid only up to a certain amount of income, payroll taxes comprise a larger share of the tax liability for low- and middle-income households versus high-income households. Mitrusi and Poterba (2000) estimated that payroll taxes were higher than federal income taxes for 44 percent of all U.S. households in 1979, and that percentage increased to 67 percent in 1999."

Have you looked at the actual stimulus bill?

Enjoy (tax package): http://www.rules.house.gov/111/LegTe...legtext_cr.pdf

Here is a summary of the tax plan for individuals: http://projects.nytimes.com/44th_pre...or-individuals

Please see this article regarding the "Making Work Pay" credit: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=business

I see nothing about mailing checks out.

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !

Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    you're quite welcome.
    only if people let it.
    i can see you are yet another one of the forums greatly disciplined and emotionally mature posters, i would not be suprised if you are also a master/sifu/sensei/student.

back on topic a bit... i finally saw who the heck this jindal guy was... he does raises some good points about spending money on volcano warning systems to alert people and towns that live near an apparently active volcano... it should be one of those "LIVE HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK" kind of places, much like beach towns prone to tsunami's(hurricanes), other places in earthquake prone areas, or in tornado alley. you'd think mankind would smarten up after the ages come and go, but this does not seem to be happening. it doesn't make sense to dish out money to people when you can simply say... "duh".
    You started with the einstein remark you sarcastic little donkey dropping & I did not even address or quote you so let me say this so you'll loose the need to speculate on what type of person I am when I say phuq Uki. Are we clear now Mr. MF? I know I'm clever so please save your applause for your up and coming lame azzed rebuttal.
    This is a kung fu forum no matter how OT this thread might be, you might get off of your fat lazy azz and practice some fu once in a while instead of running off at the keyboard about the inner workings of a government that you a.) really know nothing about.

(none of us do especially those of you that think you do! That it why it is called GOVERNMENT) &

b.)
    have absolutely no control over no matter the illusion of voter's power. The same gang is running the show as it ever was it just has a different face. Many may like it and many will not, but behind the scenes the same gears get turned by the same mechanism as the last time around no matter the new paint job on the old facade. Plus you buy what your're told, speak how you're told and just plain do what you're told. The advent of Television /mass media/ internet destroyed the electoral process and along with that free thinking. All you sheep should give a collective Baaaaaaaaaaaa!! IMHO People who dwell on politics are just whiners so whine on you crazy diamonds.

As you were

phuq Uki.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    What? Bad lied.......Par for the course!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwoo View Post
    You started with the einstein remark you sarcastic little donkey dropping & I did not even address or quote you so let me say this so you'll loose the need to speculate on what type of person I am when I say phuq Uki. Are we clear now Mr. MF? I know I'm clever so please save your applause for your up and coming lame azzed rebuttal.
    This is a kung fu forum no matter how OT this thread might be, you might get off of your fat lazy azz and practice some fu once in a while instead of running off at the keyboard about the inner workings of a government that you a.) really know nothing about.

(none of us do especially those of you that think you do! That it why it is called GOVERNMENT) &

b.)
    have absolutely no control over no matter the illusion of voter's power. The same gang is running the show as it ever was it just has a different face. Many may like it and many will not, but behind the scenes the same gears get turned by the same mechanism as the last time around no matter the new paint job on the old facade. Plus you buy what your're told, speak how you're told and just plain do what you're told. The advent of Television /mass media/ internet destroyed the electoral process and along with that free thinking. All you sheep should give a collective Baaaaaaaaaaaa!! IMHO People who dwell on politics are just whiners so whine on you crazy diamonds.

As you were

phuq Uki.
    U've no class but then again the apple never falls far from tree...
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

You started with the einstein remark you sarcastic little donkey dropping & I did not even address or quote you so let me say this so you'll loose the need to speculate on what type of person I am when I say phuq Uki. Are we clear now Mr. MF?
    not really. i could give a rats arse as to what type of person you are or aren't, because so far you are most like the other immature and emotionally defunct posters on the boards... lacking style or wit.
    I know I'm clever so please save your applause for your up and coming lame azzed rebuttal.
    there's no flattery like self-flattery.
    This is a kung fu forum no matter how OT this thread might be, you might get off of your fat lazy azz and practice some fu once in a while instead of running off at the keyboard about the inner workings of a government that you
    i'm laid off for the winter so i have ample time to post here until spring... as for kung fu, i believe i am doing just fine exerting my time and energy toying with the likes of people such as you.
    a.) really know nothing about.
    speak for yourself.
    (none of us do especially those of you that think you do! That it why it is called GOVERNMENT)
    deep man... deep.
    b.) have absolutely no control over no matter the illusion of voter's power.
    ok i'll agree with you here... voting is an illusion.
    The same gang is running the show as it ever was it just has a different face. Many may like it and many will not, but behind the scenes the same gears get turned by the same mechanism as the last time around no matter the new paint job on the old facade. Plus you buy what your're told, speak how you're told and just plain do what you're told. The advent of Television /mass media/ internet destroyed the electoral process and along with that free thinking.
    nice. if only more people would see it this way.
    All you sheep should give a collective Baaaaaaaaaaaa!! IMHO People who dwell on politics are just whiners so whine on you crazy diamonds.
    but politics is such a given when it comes to getting people all worked up... isn't it?
    As you were.
    yes sir. roger roger.

phuq Uki.
    yo G homie, this ain't compton ave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    U've no class but then again the apple never falls far from tree...
    honestly i think it got stuck in the branches and is fermenting as we post.

not really. i could give a rats arse as to what type of person you are or aren't, because so far you are most like the other immature and emotionally defunct posters on the boards... lacking style or wit.
    i'm laid off for the winter so i have ample time to post here until spring... as for kung fu, i believe i am doing just fine exerting my time and energy toying with the likes of people such as you.
    speak for yourself.
    deep man... deep.
    but politics is such a given when it comes to getting people all worked up... isn't it?
    yes sir. roger roger.

I don't think he was properly weened. I'll Phuq him up for you for a nominal fee
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    speak for yourself.
    deep man... deep.
    yes sir. roger roger.

Look who's talking about maturity?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I don't think he was properly weened.
    i wonder if he was even breast fed?
    I'll Phuq him up for you for a nominal fee.
    nah... i'm having much more fun lumping him up on the forums. we don't want to completely break him.

Look who's talking about maturity?
    are you asking yourself a question?

You can tell how much i pay attention to politics i didn't even know we were in recession until I noticed all my students were missing.

I began to check the news only because I thought there was a giant Ogre about eating random peoples.

I Can't even afford to go grocery shopping these days!!

I've got my eye on a couple of fat peoples here in the hood, a neighbor's Bull Mastiff (barks a lot, got my attention) and a Saint Bernard I've seen walked down the block (trying to find where he is warehoused he he he!) all as potential protein sources in a pinch since I'm so broke!!
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Can you people even read????

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Who said anything about Sen Byrd other than you? I don't see any other post that even mention his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Robert Byrd said (in his youth) "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    "Barack Obama says he will give 95 percent of all American workers a tax cut but does not mention that his plan would send checks to tens of millions of tax filers who pay no personal income taxes - payments that critics say look "suspiciously like welfare."
    And from the article I linked to:

"What he's really talking about doing is mailing a check, and to me, that looks more like a welfare program than the kind of real tax relief that would encourage work, savings and investments," Mr. Kerpen said.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams