Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 9, 18, 72, 108.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    It isn't my theory, it is Zaharia Sitchin's theory,
    And it bears remembering that Zacharia Sitchin is a tool; the amount he knows about Sumeria couldn't fill the memory of a 5 1/4" floppy disk.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    And it bears remembering that Zacharia Sitchin is a tool; the amount he knows about Sumeria couldn't fill the memory of a 5 1/4" floppy disk.
    While his theories are clearly a stretch, he is an expert on the Sumerian language. He knows more about Sumerian history than 99.999% of the people on the planet. He just interprets the history literally, that is all!

Just because he has unorthodox ideas does not make him a tool! The challenging of established ideas is a valuable part of scholarship. Without it ideas stagnate and we get a society of automatons. Buddha was reviled in his day, as was Jesus, Copernicus, and many other thinkers who bucked their society's dominant "thought police"!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    While his theories are clearly a stretch, he is an expert on the Sumerian language. He knows more about Sumerian history than 99.999% of the people on the planet. He just interprets the history literally, that is all!

Just because he has unorthodox ideas does not make him a tool! The challenging of established ideas is a valuable part of scholarship. Without it ideas stagnate and we get a society of automatons. Buddha was reviled in his day, as was Jesus, Copernicus, and many other thinkers who bucked their society's dominant "thought police"!
    No he's not. He's a tool and he's been trashed by scholars of ancient languages on several occasions now. His translations are utterly wrong and his body of work is crap. BUt that doesn't stop loads of tools from being what they read and persisting in their regurgitation of his already disproven dross.

But, people are free to believe what they like.

enjoy your sitchin and spaghetti monsters. lol

"idiots" is a soft term.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    No he's not. He's a tool and he's been trashed by scholars of ancient languages on several occasions now. His translations are utterly wrong and his body of work is crap. BUt that doesn't stop loads of tools from being what they read and persisting in their regurgitation of his already disproven dross.
    so he's been trashed by the other people who translate the sumerian texts... hmmm... what are their names? do they have any books on the subject? i am curious to see what others have translated from the texts... remember, just because everyone else trashes his works, doesn't mean that they are infact wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    so he's been trashed by the other people who translate the sumerian texts... hmmm... what are their names? do they have any books on the subject? i am curious to see what others have translated from the texts... remember, just because everyone else trashes his works, doesn't mean that they are infact wrong.
    you are a lazy minded moron. Why should i even bother to answer you with anything more than to tell you what a lazy minded moron you are?

You cling to your nonsense no matter how much someone puts reality in front of your stupid face.

so go fuck yourself moron. Go run to your prison planet site or rense and live in your pile of crap that you so love.

If you had half a friggin brain you would know what I am talking about when I say that Sitchin has been destroyed by academia, but because you cling to your rainbow and unicorn armageddon fantasies, you fall into the category of not worth it beyond telling you what an idiot you are.

thank you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

you are a lazy minded moron. Why should i even bother to answer you with anything more than to tell you what a lazy minded moron you are?

You cling to your nonsense no matter how much someone puts reality in front of your stupid face.

so go fuck yourself moron. Go run to your prison planet site or rense and live in your pile of crap that you so love.

If you had half a friggin brain you would know what I am talking about when I say that Sitchin has been destroyed by academia, but because you cling to your rainbow and unicorn armageddon fantasies, you fall into the category of not worth it beyond telling you what an idiot you are.

thank you.
    Jeez dude...seriously...
    Too much yang in your tea today ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Jeez dude...seriously...
    not at all.
    I don't suffer idiots lightly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

not at all.
    This forum must drive you crazy then !!
    LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Jeez dude...seriously...
    either that or he isn't get any of the other morning good stuff before he gets out of bed.

you are a lazy minded moron.
    well a healthy good morning to you too.
    Why should i even bother to answer you with anything more than to tell you what a lazy minded moron you are?
    so does this mean you don't know of any other people who have translated the sumerian texts that have the credibilty to debunk sitchins works?
    so are you implying that reality is a fixed absolute now? what is reality mr. jamieson?
    so go fuck yourself moron.
    my my, what a professional vocabulary you have sir... is cursing on these forums a violation of the forum rules? personal attacks and derogatory comments directed at other members? you seem to want everyone else banned for these infractions, yet you are guilty of them aswell.
    Go run to your prison planet site or rense and live in your pile of crap that you so love.
    i don't visit those sites at all... they are a bit too biased for me good sir.
    and you cling to the notion that you are some hot-shot honcho sport of superiour intellectual capability... your point here?
    thank you.
    your welcome.

you should work on your emotional stability and mental discipline... it might help alleviate your suffering.

your welcome.
    You're welcome.
    Sorry had to do it

Yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift. that is why it is called the present.

Rock on kung fu panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Exadon View Post
    You're welcome.
    Sorry had to do it.
    we all make mistakes... some just more so than others.

uki, you should be working on your own education.

The work of Zecharia Sitchin was brought to my attention just over a year ago, shortly after I completed my book, The Façade. As a trained scholar in ancient Semitic languages with a lifelong interest in UFOs and paranormal phenomena, I was naturally enthused about Mr. Sitchin's studies, particularly since I had also heard he was a Sumerian scholar. I thought I had found a kindred spirit, perhaps even a guide to navigating the possible intersection of my academic disciplines with ufology, a discipline unfairly ridiculed by the academic mainstream. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

What follows will no doubt trouble some readers. I have come to learn that Mr. Sitchin has an avid following, and so that is inevitable. Nevertheless, I feel it my responsibility as someone who has earned credentials in the languages, cultures, and history of antiquity to point out the errors in Mr. Sitchin's work. Indeed, this is the academic enterprise. I have yet to find anyone with credentials or demonstrable lay-expertise in Sumerian, Akkadian, or any of the other ancient Semitic languages who positively assesses Mr. Sitchin's academic work.

The reader must realize that the substance of my disagreement is not due to "translation philosophy," as though Mr. Sitchin and I merely disagree over possible translations of certain words. What is at stake is the integrity of the cuneiform tablets themselves, along with the legacy of Sumer and Mesopotamian scribes. Very simply, the ancient Mesopotamians compiled their own dictionaries - we have them and they have been published since mid-century. The words Mr. Sitchin tells us refer to rocket ships have no such meanings according to the ancient Mesopotamians themselves. Likewise when Mr. Sitchin draws connections between Sumero-Mesopotamian gods and stories that simply do not exist in the literature (like insisting the Sumerians believed there were twelve planets and having the Anunnaki living on Nibiru, the supposed 12th planet), my argument with him is one that opposes such fabrications, not just one how words are translated. To persist in embracing Mr. Sitchin's views on this matter (and a host of others) amounts to rejecting the legacy of the ancient Sumerian and Akkadian scribes whose labors have come down to us from the ages. Put bluntly, is it more coherent to believe a Mesopotamian scribe's definition of a word, or Mr. Sitchin's?

I do believe that Mr. Sitchin has done some kind of work in the ancient languages (I have never seen academic credentials in the form of degrees or transcripts), but some of the mistakes he makes are at so basic a level of language knowledge that I sincerely doubt he knows ANY of the ancient languages he says he does. I'm guessing that with Hebrew, for example, Mr. Sitchin (being Jewish) can sight-read the language but doesn't understand ancient Biblical Hebrew grammar (much like many English readers don't have a real grasp of the mechanics of English grammar). I have seen little that convinces me that Mr. Sitchin knows any ancient languages, much less demonstrating that he is a language "expert". I say this because of Mr. Sitchin's linguistic mistakes (see below), and because he rarely interacts with scholarly articles pertaining to any linguistic material in the texts he uses. Unfortunately, there are even points he just makes up.

The reader should also know that I believe that the strange phenomena people have experienced in antiquity through the present day with respect to "UFOs" and "aliens" are real. The Facade offers an alternative paradigm to these phenomena, one that, contrary to Mr. Sitchin's reconstruction, CAN be defended (if the connections be legitimate) through ancient texts.
    here's more from the author: http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/sitchinerrors.htm

not that it would matter if I put up the other contextually important information in regards to this poppy**** you've been attempting to seed, seeing as you are perfectly happy and smug in your willful ignorance.

bloody fool.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

uki, you should be working on your own education. bloody fool.
    should be working on your communication skills which are at best... lacking... your immaturity level is absolutely astounding...

should be working on your communication skills which are at best... lacking... your immaturity level is absolutely astounding...
    whatever trollboy.

listen, there's ton's of sites out there for you retarded tinfoil hat idiots.

why don't you run along and play with your ufo models and your evil pope action figures.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

whatever trollboy.

listen, there's ton's of sites out there for you retarded tinfoil hat idiots.

why don't you run along and play with your ufo models and your evil pope action figures.
    i am having much more fun over here these days... i like sticking you like a voodoo doll.