Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is Wing Chun Useless?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i think huge tall westerner not good body structure for learning southern kung fu
    southern kung fu is to fight big tall northerner
    if southerner stay on his toes like northerner the northerner easyly knock him off balance
    I am a big tall heavy northerner (well... Canadian of northern-european descent) and I like fighting close.

Of course I prefer wrestling...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Yea you ever in STL let me know???

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'm confident I can. Any WC guys want to oblige?

See I'm a really good swimmer and striking is next to impossible in the water. And that's where we would both end up.

Its nothing better than being pushed under the dirt by a skilled underground fighter. Sometimes you may even interurpt some hedgehogs mating when your face is pushed beneath the dirt...ha ha lol..

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I keep being told Wing Chun has fighting on the ground, but I'm not aware of any martial art that does fighting UNDER the ground.

There's a place called Extreme Jiu Jitsu here - maybe those guys push the limits that little bit further.

"BJJ? Bah. The surface is for wimps!"

Those guys must go through a lot of gi's ... and the bills at the laundromat... oh my ...