It's total Wolverine. We like spikes.

Yao Sing, I'm guessing you're refering to the new Spike show that debuted April 7. I didn't watch it, but I'll probably check out the episode when they match the Shaolin monk versus the Cannibal. The contacted me about that several times (even asked me for a demo reel!) but it was too bizarre, even for me.

'Deadliest Warrior': Your imaginary fights come to life
By Whitney Matheson

Who'd win in a fight: a Viking or a Samurai? What about a pirate vs. a knight? Or a ninja vs. a Spartan?

These sound like the kinds of questions posed around 2 a.m. when the bar is about to close. They also sound like the premise for a new series on the Spike network.

Each episode of Deadliest Warrior, premiering Tuesday on Spike, "pits two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other." Series regulars include a biomedical engineer who collects technical data during each fight, a doctor who "analyzes the lethal potential" of the battles and a "computer ****" who runs simulations of the matchups.

The whole thing is a weird blend of high-tech gadgetry, bloody warrior showmanship and pure fantasy. The result could either be fascinating or terrible, but at least they're trying something new.

Watch the premiere April 7 at 10 p.m. ET. All of the matchups I mentioned in the first paragraph are actual episodes, though the first ep pairs a gladiator against an Apache. Wow.