Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun and The root

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    ............so, i think Hendrick, as is his wont, is waxing a bit literary here; at least that's my take on it...

a good song for those who knows chinese

http://media.webstv.net/m/777000

But then even those who knows chinese some might understand the song some might not, some might like it some might not.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-09-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Why do you do Sil Lim Tao?
    Via the SLT finger one sees the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I worry about you sometimes.

Thanks and appreciate.

You can mix your philosophy with Wing Chun but don't make the mistake of seeing it as a requirement for Wing Chun.

standing, moving, walking, jumping.....

What is philosophy? what is Wing Chun? what is mix? What is requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Via the SLT finger one sees the moon.
    my taiji teacher has offered the explanation of the name / practice of SLT comes from Ch'an, relating to calming the discursive mind (seeing the moon)...he also has pointed out that it can refer to the physical action of the small (siu) circular wraping motion (nim) of the wrist / fist (the "tao" of the arm)...

For me, the YJKYM is essentially the body structure we need to be able to implement the WCK attached method of fighting which is to control an opponent while striking him (using the WCK tools).

Great

But please share your detail answer on the two entry level questions above.

Otherwise, what you say are just wishes.

I did a google image search on SLT after Hendrick said he DID SLT, this is what I got:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Great

But please share your detail answer on the two entry level questions above.

Otherwise, what you say are just wishes.
    The details are ONLY found in the doing, in the performance itself -- this is what I keep telling you. This is because that body structure (the YJKYM) I'm talking about is dynamic, not static. Any description is of something fixed. You know you "have it" when you "have it".

Look, if you want to push a stalled automobile down the road, there is an optimum body structure (way of using your body or body mechanics) for doing that task. Can you learn that body structure by practicing a form? No. You ONLY really learn it by doing it -- by trying to push the stalled car and finding out how you can do it. Can I describe in detail how bent you knees must be? The angle of your torso? ETc.? No, because it is dynamic. You know when you "have it" when you can push the car up the road. Only through performance.

A boxer's body structure (body mechanics) is different than a wrestler's body structure (body mechanics) which is different than WCK body structure (YJKYM) because we are each trying to do different things (different tasks). You find the mechanics by starting with the TASK. As I said, for me that TASK is to control the opponent while striking him. How well I can do that task guides me in finding the body structure (the YJKYM). This is letting application be your sifu.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    my taiji teacher has offered the explanation of the name / practice of SLT comes from Ch'an, relating to calming the discursive mind (seeing the moon)...he also has pointed out that it can refer to the physical action of the small (siu) circular wraping motion (nim) of the wrist / fist (the "tao" of the arm)...

another good song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn8Wj5O1Ghc

翻天覆地攜手浪逐浪 千杯不醉只醉月光
    會心一笑不必講 對看一切都雪亮

The details are ONLY found in the doing, in the performance itself -- this is what I keep telling you.

This is because that body structure (the YJKYM) I'm talking about is dynamic, not static.

Any description is of something fixed.

You know you "have it" when you "have it".

Nope. it doesnt work this way.

Every human has a different face. But it certainly cant be the face of tiger.

Water is dynamic but it is not fire. water flow and fire burn
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I did a google image search on SLT after Hendrick said he DID SLT, this is what I got:

Thanks

I like her better these days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oPZT...eature=related

看 大江东去
    浪花淘尽千古英雄
    笑 指点江山
    是非成败俱灰飞烟灭
    此地一为别
    青山旧 雨初歇 豪情却 向谁说
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-09-2009 at 11:52 AM.

another good song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn8Wj5O1Ghc

翻天覆地攜手浪逐浪 千杯不醉只醉月光
    會心一笑不必講 對看一切都雪亮
    I prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13UnVIDk93Q

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    you certainly have a different taste on music.

Nope. it doesnt work this way.

Every human has a different face. But it certainly cant be the face of tiger.

Water is dynamic but it is not fire. water flow and fire burn
    It ONLY works that way. Aristotle once said, "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." Physical skills are learned by and through actual performance.

Your analogies (fire/water) aren't valid.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    It ONLY works that way. Aristotle once said, "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." Physical skills are learned by and through actual performance.

Your analogies (fire/water) aren't valid.
    You are good in arguement. but arguement is not WCK.

by evidents on your post, you dont know indepth YJKYM that is forsure.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-09-2009 at 12:26 PM.