Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I decided to "Abandon" Kung-Fu

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    i'm trying to wrap my head around the bagel shop in ny run by fa lun gong ...
    whatever you do, don't say they taste funny or they will stage acts whereby they depict you torturing bagel makers.

Then they'll all stand outside your house silently in zhang zhuan posture.

Bottom line? Buy your bagels at a place that has the last name ending in stein, berg, man, etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    i'm trying to wrap my head around the bagel shop in ny run by fa lun gong ...
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    whatever you do, don't say they taste funny or they will stage acts whereby they depict you torturing bagel makers.

Then they'll all stand outside your house silently in zhang zhuan posture.

Bottom line? Buy your bagels at a place that has the last name ending in stein, berg, man, etc.
    LOL - it was actually pretty funny the way that I think I figured it out: I stopped in there once when I started working in the area, and got kinda the heebies from the folks working there, but the walnut raisin cream cheese was good, so what the hey; anyway, I don't go back for a few months, and when I do, there's a poster in the window advertising this MA tournament in NY that was basically a cover for FLG (there was a thread on here, about it back last fall); so I ask the guy about it, and who put it up, and he's like, "oh, I don't know anything about it, I don't know who put it up there"; so I said, "well, I heard that it's being run by FLG", and he looks at me a bit funny, a little taken aback, and is like, "I don't know" w/this sort of nervous laugh...

not proof positive, but it seemed mighty queer to me, Mr. Frodo...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    nice place; 2 minutes away from where I work, actually (have you been into that bagel store yet? I think it's run by fa lun gong cult members...)

I thought he went to the East Meadow one
    I used to live on the street behind Jericho. My backyard fence had the Sitar restaurants parking lot on the other side. I walked up to the bagel store once. The bagels sucked and the people behind the counter were very creepy.

He went to the East Meadow one first, then moved over to the Huntington one. I don't know where he trains now because I haven't spoken to him in 2 months.

Where in Huntington do you work?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I used to live on the street behind Jericho. My backyard fence had the Sitar restaurants parking lot on the other side.
    to Sitar closed - looked like it might be a neat place to eat

I walked up to the bagel store once. The bagels sucked and the people behind the counter were very creepy.
    see? it's not just me then - the pimply skinny guy is especially freakers...

Where in Huntington do you work?
    this year I am at Washington Elementary School and Huntington HS, but I also work at Walt Whitman ES on Woodbury Rd. which is much closer; next year I'll be exclusively at Walt and Village ES (on Convent off Jackson);

to Sitar closed - looked like it might be a neat place to eat
    I always wanted to go there, but could never talk my wife into it. At night they were always packed, I have no idea why they closed.
    see? it's not just me then - the pimply skinny guy is especially freakers...
    He wasn't that bad, but the old little lady was hitting on me as I bought the bagels. Which tasted like they were cooked without salt and backed 3 days previous.
    this year I am at Washington Elementary School and Huntington HS, but I also work at Walt Whitman ES on Woodbury Rd. which is much closer; next year I'll be exclusively at Walt and Village ES (on Convent off Jackson);
    [/QUOTE]Where is Washington Elementary?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Where is Washington Elementary?
    it's off about 1/4 mi. west of Park Ave just south of Pulaski on Whitson