Thread: what's your age and experience ?

Threaded View

OK I'll play. Since I've posted this a year ago when I joined on the forum.

I will be 41 in Aug.

Started martial arts at 12 going on 13.

1yr or so of Sil Lum....did not like it much back then.
    Move on to study Ralph Castro Shaolin Kempo for 4yrs. I also studied Arnis with my uncle and a friend of his in the same time frame.
    Went in the military and all I could find was Tae Kwon Do so I studied that the entire 4yrs I was serving active duty. Attained a 1st Degree Black.
    Got out of the military and found another Shoalin Kempo School (Fred Villari) Took that for another 6yrs. In that time frame I also went back to taking Arnis. The Villari school I was at was taken over by United Studios (a McDojo) I stayed until I got my 2nd Degree and could not take it anymore so I left.
    I then started taking Ying Jow Pai under Sifu Pat DiBatista (GM Leung Shum lineage). I was there for a little over 2yrs until I changed jobs and work took over my free time.
    Took a long hiatus from martial arts until about 2.5yrs ago when I came back. I am now taking Northern Long Fist. At my age I am re-thinking my love for hard contact sparring though. Going to transition to being a forms dancer and taiji enthusiast. Can't seem to recover as fast when I have injuries.

There's my martial arts career in a nutshell.

Oh let me add, that the more I learn, the more I see how much I suck.
    Last edited by xcakid; 05-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.