View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 769 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597677687697707717798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Did Mkrii ever take you up on your offer to drop by your school?

No

Also, and I realize this post is rambling, I'm going to be in the KY, TN area during the week of June 15 hanging with my son. I'm thinking of taking him camping at Big South Fork, which is out JP's way or possibly more toward Lexington. In any case, if the opportunity presents itself, I'd love to put some faces with names.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda in the middle of us.....awesome place....great fishing....great whitewater Canoeing & kayaking!!!

Not sure yet what I'm doing that week...Terrapin Hill's music fest is the week after that and I will be helping them some on the prior set up....but, anyway I'm PMing you my phone # & email.....let me know more details and maybe we can all meet up.
    BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    So goju, what traditional martial arts do you think are worthy of time and study (besides from your version of goju ryu)? And what "rules" handicap Krav Maga in a street fight?
    what i said i think krav maga extremely overrated and it prone to such exagerated claims like shaolin do its my opinion if you dont like oint out my comment roll it up and shove it up y....
    well you know
    i actually like a wide range of styles

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what the h@ll is TMS....is it another type of PMS
    BQ

PS
    If he really is out west and not MKRii he's not awake yet.
    tradtional martial art system

you were wracking your brain trying to figure that out lol

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    tradtional martial art system

you were wracking your brain trying to figure that out lol
    Kinda hard to figure out an abbreviation that no one else in the world uses except you

I see you woke up this morning with your own wood stuck up your a$$

what i said i think krav maga extremely overrated and it prone to such exagerated claims like shaolin do its my opinion if you dont like oint out my comment roll it up and shove it up y....
    well you know
    i actually like a wide range of styles
    I read what you said and I asked you to clarify how it would be hindered in a street fight because of the "rules" you mentioned. Want to answer my question or do you want to get ****y again?

So what other styles do you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

i didnt say krav maga would be hindered i said
    if an mma fighter would fight a tradtional stylist they would be hindered by their rules because they are geared towards sport

particular favs are hung gar praying mantis wing chun bak mei white crane pak kua chang and uechi ryu

Quote Originally Posted by OldandUsed View Post
    The takedown is from stepping into a mid to high kick (such as a roundhouse) using your body to jam your opponenet while using your forearm to deflect and then executing a back sweep/reap, much like O Soto Gari or O Uchi Gari.
    I like it!!! I noticed the image was reversed(backwards) as well as the missing patches.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 05-29-2009 at 09:05 AM.

i didnt say krav maga would be hindered i said
    if an mma fighter would fight a tradtional stylist they would be hindered by their rules because they are geared towards sport
    Most traditional stylist would be hindered by the fact that a MMA's jumped on them took em to the ground and beat the Fuk out of them....hard to throw traditional attacks when your grounded and pounded with elbows, knees & head butts

well first of taking someone down who dosnt want to go down is not an easy thing to do look at the tito ortiz vs lyoto machida fight to see what i mean
    ang again we are assuming the fight would be fair or no rule sif not try tackling somebody whos goig to be punching you in the back of the head anf poking you in the yes lol and see how realistic it is to try to grapple

Most traditional stylist would be hindered by the fact that a MMA's jumped on them took em to the ground and beat the Fuk out of them....hard to throw traditional attacks when your grounded and pounded with elbows, knees & head butts
    and grouding and pounding is a articular skill its justleaping on somebody and pouding them like magilla gorilla any body can do that
    and if you knew anything abotu trdtional atyles youd know that they have a fair amount of submisions in them as well
    i learned the arm bar and crucifix even before i started bjj

well first of taking someone down who dosnt want to go down is not an easy thing to do look at the tito ortiz vs lyoto machida fight to see what i mean
    ang again we are assuming the fight would be fair or no rule sif not try tackling somebody whos goig to be punching you in the back of the head anf poking you in the yes lol and see how realistic it is to try to grapple
    LOL! And this kid wants to fight MMA!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

yes thats why you see so much grappling now lol
    any fool can tell the shifts going more to striking because strikers are getting to good at defending takedown and if you cant take somebody down grapplinsg useless and being that the fight starts standing up the grappler is automatically at a disadvantage to the striker
    nah this kid just has common sense

LMAO
    What I like to call "Down & Dirty" style!!!
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 05-29-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Talking

which season that of the ultimate fighter was it where two of the guys in th house got into afight and one tried to grapple with the other and ended upp getting his head busted from landing on the concrete
    comfortable grapplin mats a rough concrete are two very different things if you honestly think grapplings efective in a street fight go roll out outide in a parking lot then get back to me...)
    Last edited by goju; 05-29-2009 at 09:37 AM.