Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Ape-Monkey Fist

Cool

How do I learn/ get copy of these sets??

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    How do I learn/ get copy of these sets??
    I can teach the Shaolin Ape-Monkey set, I know it very well, and have taught it in my classes here in NJ.

I'm available for seminars, I give all the applications, and show how the movements are related to those in Taiji Quan and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    i know of a shaolin monkey set that is 26 postures long. the first movement is called yuánhóu shùshēn (猿猴束身). not so theatrical, obvious applications, several different kicks, and ends in the zuòshān (座山) posture. there is a book published on it, but doesnt have any such information about it.
    Hmm, Shi de qian before he died gave me a copy of it in a book of his.

What book are you referring to? Do you have an ISBN number?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    I can teach the Shaolin Ape-Monkey set, I know it very well, and have taught it in my classes here in NJ.

I'm available for seminars, I give all the applications, and show how the movements are related to those in Taiji Quan and other stuff.
    Hey Sal , Thanks . I wish I lived closer. ( in calif) If I am ever out your way or get enough students to have a seminar I will definately hit you up. I would like to add that I have been rereading all of your articles ( on your site and the mags I kept over the years ) and I must say you are a wealth of information and highly knowledgable in CMA . Thanks for all that you do to promote what we do and keep ing it real. TTM

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Hey Sal , Thanks . I wish I lived closer. ( in calif) If I am ever out your way or get enough students to have a seminar I will definately hit you up. I would like to add that I have been rereading all of your articles ( on your site and the mags I kept over the years ) and I must say you are a wealth of information and highly knowledgable in CMA . Thanks for all that you do to promote what we do and keep ing it real. TTM
    Thanks.

I am doing a seminar this weekend in Valencia, Spain.
    Teaching the Luohan 13 Gong material, both the qi gong set and the martial art version of the set.
    I was there a year ago and taught the 6 Harmony Gong and the Chan Yuan Gong sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    Hmm, Shi de qian before he died gave me a copy of it in a book of his.

What book are you referring to? Do you have an ISBN number?

thanks!
    ISBN:7-5054-0640-X

published in '99, the demonstrator is diao shanduo (shi yongzhi).

you can get the pdf file here: http://www.qupan.com/down/sbl5158_1425860.html

click the button with the green arrow for a normal download. only takes a minute.

It didnt work ......

uh, i just did it again. worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    uh, i just did it again. worked for me.
    I downloaded it but will not open,What are you opening it with?

its a .pdf, so i just opened it with abode. works fine.

It keeps saying broken or fragmented link

I downloaded the .pdf file and will email it to anyone that asks.

Edit: Ok, here's what I did for you guys. I dropped it to a server I manage so you can download it at http://www.1cns.net/Yuan-Huo-Quan.pdf.

Or I will email if you send me your email address.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 05-31-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

The program to read the file is Adobe's Acrobat Reader and can be downloaded here. Each version gets bigger and bigger so you might want to try an alternate reader.

This program here will also open the file for reading.

Someone referred to Taiji when speaking of this set. Is it played like a TJ form, slowly?

I don't read Chinese so any info on how to play the set would help me to understand and learn it from the file.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 05-31-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

If it's jumping around like a monkey I'm not interested (and too old and out of shape) but if it's fighting moves I'll make the effort to learn.

More than half of the file is warm up moves then it shows the 26 postures. Some of it looks a little familiar.

Sal, where are you in Jersey. Haven't been back there in years but I'm about due for a family visit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I downloaded the .pdf file and will email it to anyone that asks.

Edit: Ok, here's what I did for you guys. I dropped it to a server I manage so you can download it at http://www.1cns.net/Yuan-Huo-Quan.pdf.

Or I will email if you send me your email address.
    I see it, no it is not that one. That's the Shaolin Monkey Boxing set.
    Not the same at all.
    But, thanks anyways!