Hi Dave,

I remember those old days in NYC. I was happy Allan and I had such an open relationship. I could bring my guys to his class or he to bring guys to my class. I always had a good time to chat with him - he was real knowledgeable. I am sorry I lost touch with him.

What you bring up is correct. To be unbalanced or have hair trigger response is not always appropriate. Classical martial systems also developed impeccable balanced character. In fact, aside from combat efficiency, character is valued. In WCK circles, Tsui Sheung Tien is considered modest and unassuming, another reason he is the "King of Siu Nim Tao". For WCK, centered and balanced are good goals.

People need a balance, in career and family, exercise and diet, sleep and activity, stress and emotions. These are the keys to longevity and health. To have too much concentration in one area can show deficiency and unbalance in other areas.

Be careful of those rural areas being "safe", though. A neighborhood is considered "safe" or "unsafe" due to people. People are mobile. They can always come and get you... but not trying to make you paranoid. Good to have a CCW and packing.