Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Machida footsweep on concrete

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    he shoulda just given her a wedgie.
    payback is so much more gratifying when it involves humiliation.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    1. you never touch a woman no matter what she does

2. if you don't come on like an a-hole and push even when the woman obviously has no interest, she probably won;t throw beer in your face

even if she does, see 1. you never touch a woman no matter what she does
    yah that's what I truly thought... until I took a kickboxing class at your gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

the whole 'never hit a woman no matter what she does' is VERY chauvanistic in essence. by saying that, men are continuing to say that women are too stupid to realize the consequences of their actions and we should treat them as less than equals.
    no, it's saying that as a general rule (Monji is making a joke because we have a female fighter who has beaten up a lot of guys in the gym, but that is an EXCEPTION) but as a general rule women are not as big and strong as a man

Also, "equality" and all that crap aside, women are NOT men... there are differences
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    we need the evil sanjuro to post pics of manly women bodybuilders, like bev francis in her prime... y'know, the ones with the huge jaws..
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    no, it's saying that as a general rule (Monji is making a joke because we have a female fighter who has beaten up a lot of guys in the gym, but that is an EXCEPTION) but as a general rule women are not as big and strong as a man

right, and I covered that

Also, "equality" and all that crap aside, women are NOT men... there are differences
    agreed...but, when they cross a line that no should really cross then they are no more or less than equal...that does not mean that you should respond to the point where Machida does...but saying 'never touch a woman no matter what she does' is silly. when a woman crosses the line to the physical she is not asking for it any less than a man who crosses that line.

besides, there are plenty of women out there who have killed or seriously hurt other people...I don't think you can say 'never touch a woman no matter what she does' applies in those instances.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

If a six year old kid ran up to you and punched you in the thigh, would you punch them back? I mean "the kid had it coming, he crossed the line"?

I had a former GF come at me with a knife once. I grabbed her wrist and took the knife away. Did I beat her up afterwards? NO.

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

If a six year old kid ran up to you and punched you in the thigh, would you punch them back? I mean "the kid had it coming, he crossed the line"?

not at all, that doesn't mean he wouldn't get a discussion and possibly a swat on the ass to help make the point

I had a former GF come at me with a knife once. I grabbed her wrist and took the knife away. Did I beat her up afterwards? NO.

right, you didn't have too because you were 'bigger, faster, stronger or better'

personally, i stop dating chicks if they think it is cool to punch or hit a guy...much less take a knife to me

please go back and read EVERYTHING i said
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

I left the apartment and the chick after the knife thing , no duh

So, are you concerned with the attack of the 50 foot woman maybe?

What the dude should have done is spoken to her calmly, and then shouted out loudly "I would never give you 100 dollars to sleep with you".

Then he could walk away in disgust while all her friends think she tried to ho herself to another tourist. lol

anyway, he shouldn't of dumped her, but she was being a shmuck.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    we need the evil sanjuro to post pics of manly women bodybuilders, like bev francis in her prime... y'know, the ones with the huge jaws..
    I have my standards, to quote Austin Powers, "That's a Man !!"

...because, he did break the rule.
    no, I hear you - I was just goofin' is all;

I like the 'fast approach with sudden stillness in thier face' response to mild physical threats: get in there face faster than they believed possible and then don't move while giving them that 'look'.
    problem is, some people are so stupid, especially if they never have had their asses handed to them physically, that if you do that, they interpret it as "oh, he got in my face but couldn't do anything else"

Most men CAN subdue a woman w/o really coming to blows with them. A simple bear hug and lift them off their feet till they stop screaming at you works...or did the several times I had to use it as a bouncer.
    I certainly agree it's a matter of degree, etc.; and again, I don't think it should be gender specific - it should be based purely on physical attributes; so a beer bottle attack may have not warranted a sweep, but hey, if she had pulled her knife out, which you never know, she may have been getting ready to do that...

I simply would have choked her out, laid her on her back and teabagged her while a friend took some pics and then posted it on the web.
    Its how I roll.

I had a former GF come at me with a knife once.
    and to this day, all who know and luv Dave regard her as, "She Who Did What The Rest of Us Only Dream Of Doing";

BTW, she didn't happen to be a 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Japanese gal who lived on King Street in the W. Village around summer of '89 by any chance? no reason, just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I simply would have choked her out, laid her on her back and teabagged her while a friend took some pics and then posted it on the web.
    Its how I roll.
    remind me to never, EVER, grapple w/you...

I left the apartment and the chick after the knife thing , no duh

So, are you concerned with the attack of the 50 foot woman maybe?
    not really, my vertical leap is getting pretty good...would just have to find a body condom....