Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Respect towards a Master

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If you did military service would you salute your superior officer?
    thank goodness my ears kept me out...
    When you were in school did you not defer to your teachers and behave according to the rules of the school in regards to respecting your teachers?
    nope.
    In other words, the only barriers to be created are being created by you.
    i dunno... i am very adept at breaking barriers down.
    Where in your religious teachings does it directly tell you that following the protocols of a school is bad?
    ah but see... religious doctrines are one of the roots of mankinds ignorance.
    How do you treat your parents? How do you treat your other teachers?
    its respect for respect... all walk on equal ground.
    anyway, if you are so devoutly religious, why learn a martial art, should you be out helping the homeless, feeding the hungry and suffering unto the children?
    what a retårded statement... LOL... i mean of course this is how religions like to keep their followers - dumbed down and helpless.

oh... you were asking these questions of the other guy... my bad, or is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Oh...but I think it DOES.

No it doesn't and if it does show me where it says that. Are you saved? Do you know what the word says or are you just critic of what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinstudent View Post
    No it doesn't and if it does show me where it says that.
    This entire thread is 'where' it says that.

If your 'understanding' of your faith causes you to question the hierarchy of any other organization, secular or not.

Are you saved? Do you know what the word says or are you just critic of what it says.

I'm just a critic of the way some people choose to interpret the word.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Lightbulb

This entire thread is 'where' it says that.

If your 'understanding' of your faith causes you to question the hierarchy of any other organization, secular or not.

I'm just a critic of the way some people choose to interpret the word.

Oh ok yes I understand more what you are saying that this thread is what is stoping me. But it isn't completely because I could easily learn from a master of the martial arts who doesn't beleive in all that religion, if I knew one anyway.

P.S. I didn't make this thread for a confrontation, but to merely get understanding and help.

Oh ok yes I understand more what you are saying that this thread is what is stoping me. But it isn't completely because I could easily learn from a master of the martial arts who doesn't beleive in all that religion, if I knew one anyway.

Why should it matter what religion your instructor follows? Your religion forbids you to bow? Some holy book that must be...

11th Commandment: "No bending at the waist!"
    Quote:

I can not bow to someone who is under a different religion.

That seems unreasonable.

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
    Quote:

"You shall have no other gods before me."

Not quite the same as saying "You shall have no other gods" now, is it? Early Jews were polytheistic. God wanted to make sure he was #1, but not necessarily the only one.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That seems unreasonable.

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
    This guy's not going to tell you what his religion is.

However bowing is just a gesture. It could be said it's a humbling gesture but so is hand shaking that originated to show you did not have any weapons in your hands.

Personally I have a problem with the "Pledge of alligence" and standing for the national anthem but I do it any way when I attend a sporting event.

Hell, I've bowed to total scumbags.....it doesn't mean anything. It doesn't determine my worth as a person nor indicate I'm inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    This guy's not going to tell you what his religion is.

However bowing is just a gesture. It could be said it's a humbling gesture but so is hand shaking that originated to show you did not have any weapons in your hands.

Personally I have a problem with the "Pledge of alligence" and standing for the national anthem but I do it any way when I attend a sporting event.

Hell, I've bowed to total scumbags.....it doesn't mean anything. It doesn't determine my worth as a person nor indicate I'm inferior.

I was just asking about his religion because Jehova's Witnesses that I know have reservations about socializing with people outside of their faith.
    Quote:

i think that jesus with call his kung fu teacher master / sifu. without hesitation.
    where's my beer?

I was just asking about his religion because Jehova's Witnesses that I know have reservations about socializing with people outside of their faith.
    i haven't found that to be the case at all. i've worked with three and they were all very open and cool guys. well, one was a bit weird, but he was still alright. and i also found them to be very down to earth and pragmatic about their religion. i respect them a great deal for truly trying to integrate their faith into their lives and act as good examples of christianity. i've met few christians outside the witnesses that do the same.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs down

Ewww Jehovahs Witness, I don't think so! I am a Christian not Pentecostal, Baptist, or Methodist just Christian. A child of the Living God

Ewww Jehovahs Witness, I don't think so! I am a Christian not Pentecostal, Baptist, or Methodist just Christian. A child of the Living God

Well in that case it doesn't sound like it's Christianity that's preventing you from bowing to your teacher...it's just you.
    Quote:

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Acknowledge the Understanding; Not Bow to the Person or Ask...

Calling someone Doctor bows to their dedication. Mister or Mr. I read is an alteration of the word Master--as in master/slave/servant.

Bear sounds like bare yet my mention addresses something with a fur coat while the other might address having-on no clothes. Spoken only context might distinguish them. Written a difference is noticeable.

Read...did I talk about having alreadylooked with comprehension at the words? Or did I state that one should look Now or in the future, at the words?
    Written only context distinguishes. Spoken, understanding happens more readily.

A bow (not the cause for the heartfelt English "V"), when done by one and not the other or more-so by one than the other it seems to represent, " I lost. I'd kick your cigarret but t, but you'd likely hand me mine and put my face in it. I acknowledge your superior kick donkey-ness (though I bide my time).

A handshake--I acknowledge that I Might think about trusting you but give me your sword hand first--one step frisk for typical standard battlefare weapons.

I had onlt one understanding registering...Master servant. I'd like to learn, O.K. if I you'll teach your stuff in which I have interest. But I realize that that wide interpretation I was handed--picked-up and accepted with little hesitation, is not necessarily the actual thing. Shifu--Shi(si)teacher-fu (father, being Chinese as with names reverse the order-ish and what is being indicated might be Father Teacher or most senior experience and understanding teacher--someone who is Master at something (a craft or art)--Master brick--layer, Master stone Mason, Master craftsman...

Given this being correct it is not Master over me in Position or status, but rather Skilled and of superior concentrated experience.

At worst you do not bow to the Person. You acknowledge that you seek understanding from this person.

No_Know

And ask (unless your religious leaders if you have such superior individuals you do not have to respect because of their insight and understanding in this religion through which you might need guidance for greater learning and understanding), the instructor mentioning your religious rules. See what they have to say. And if not that instructor continue to try in that style. Whatever whatever but throughout you'll have your religion which seems to you at this now, a most important thing. Ask, perhaps, if it'is allowed to do so.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com