Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the object lesson here?

So how is a proper kiai supposed to be performed??
    Grasshopper 2.0

Compact, portable home gym system perfect for martial artists!
    Maximize your STRIKING POWER!

www.mightygrasshopper.com
    Health, wellness, fitness and nutritional product reviews!

Check out my Wing Tsun Kung Fu Blog
    It's kung fu but with an honest perspective!
    Updated Mondays and Wednesdays

"This ain't Hollywood's kung fu!"

www.functionalwingtsun.com

Want to try? Hit up
    www.wingtsunkungfu.com

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper 2.0 View Post
    So how is a proper kiai supposed to be performed??
    When Kiai is perform properly in IMA, the diapham is dropping, compress down ward naturally, similar to a "stone" falling into the DAn dien.

Instead of screaming out loud, tensing the diapham, and stop breathing as most people does. which causing stress to the internal organs or even lack of Oxigen or blood flow to one's own brain.

This dropping of diapham is a part of power generation, the TCMA IMA power generation is complex and not rely on a single source. What I was told was It atleast has 3 types of power generation happen in the same time instead of our general muscular one.

Thus, the cultivate of Qi is important because Qi cultivation is to open up the different paths. and serve as balancing elements for the internal organs.

In general, Even with the Qi cultivation, if one doesnt know the power generation platform, one still cant issue force. Unless one is in the top advance Qi cultivation where most Paths are clear to him, then power generation goes nature and issue force is nature.

But before that most IMA needs to know the power platform...etc. otherwise, the art will not work.

and one of the biggest issue today is people doesnt know the two paths but thinking they only have to go cultivate Qi and then some day "walla" magic happen, well that is not the case unless one is super genious such as Lao Tzu or Gautama Buddha who have sharp fully enligthement. Most of us just doenst work that way. and cant go that path. Thus, one can spend 100 years if without the knowledge of the power platform, one mostly will have a good healthy body but cant issue force.

So, as I have heard, even in SLT, there is the two paths. the Qi cultivation and the Power platform, and at advance level, the two path become one.

If the two paths is lost, then it default to basic physical power generation platform, meaning the set is almost useless. the move and technics only can fool the ordinary weaker people, when it against some one who is trained or have mastery, it will not work .

One really needs to know what one is doing. it is a world of cause and effect. Even Miracle is govern by the law of cause and effect.

Just some opinion.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-09-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    It's a more pertinent lesson than the one with the kendo guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a0_8
    I think the video is trying to tell us, to always avoid a false sense of security, put
    things to the test, and not to overestimate or underestimate ourselves and our
    opponents.
    "In fighting, the hand you can see will not hurt you, the hand you cannot see, will hurt you." - Grandmaster Gary Lam

Qi is very real, but it is not what some think it to be. It flows, but it can not leave your body. You can not project it. That would be akin to the occult. magic if you will. And that does not exist. So if anyone claims to be able to do that you need to walk away. What makes me wonder is how his students fell for this and in some ways I think maybe they might have also been to blame for leading the old man on.

So what's the object lesson here?

And the answer is:

AWESOME FOREPLAY !!!

The Japanese are still polite when they're beating the snot out of old mental patients who've set themselves up to be some kind of martial artist?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

What saddens my about that clip was how the old guy actually THOUGHT he was able to fight with whatever crap he was doing.
    The shock on his face when he got punched in the face said it all.
    Truly, this is a typical case of "wake up and smell the wasabi".

It's a more pertinent lesson than the one with the kendo guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a0_8
    That Howard Liu in addition to making indestructable kimonos also makes very large t-shirts? Like the one worn by the ref in that video?

I saw Dale's video, and further exploring it, discovered this one, 1:13 onwards made me ROFL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tib2Urowsdc
    "In fighting, the hand you can see will not hurt you, the hand you cannot see, will hurt you." - Grandmaster Gary Lam

Both he and his students were completely convinced that the junk he was teaching them was real. This is what happens when you train in a little cocoon, and don't venture out into the real world to test things out.

While this is an extreme example, it's not really that much different than the things that many of the people post here. Just look at how many people talk about the skill of this or that grandmaster, but there is absolutely no evidence of this person doing anything skillful outside of the training facility with his own students or students attending a seminar.

It's also not that much different than those who claim certain techniques (can we say standing joint locks) are valid, although there is next to no evidence of these things working on a consistent basis.

And yes, this guy was talking crap about MMA being a sport with rules and how he had actually fought many times on the street and was also undefeated in over 200 no rules matches... and, until this match, there was no evidence of his skills, except as "felt" by his students. Sound familiar?

yeah. brings to mind a person named dale franks.

The chi master would have killed the guy, but the karate guy watched TV the day before and George Dillman explained that Chi doesn't work if your tongue is up in the roof of your mouth and you raise your big toes

(the really sad part of this is, the part about Dillman is TRUE. He tried his tricks on some MMA fighters, they were uneffected and that was the excuse he gave)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrzB...eature=related

You don't have to be an idiot to believe in this stuff. I have talked to prominent doctors who were not sure if this stuff was real.. Well to be fare they were sure that sending "energy" over distances was not real.. but touching a person and sending energy was real. LOL The "death" touch... They were real doctors who save peoples lives.. but they had no idea how it would work. One doctor suggested hitting someone in the nose at the right angle could kill with little effort.
    When I asked why you don't hear about this stuff in any sport fighting.. well everyone would be dead.. LOL

Both he and his students were completely convinced that the junk he was teaching them was real. This is what happens when you train in a little cocoon, and don't venture out into the real world to test things out.

While this is an extreme example, it's not really that much different than the things that many of the people post here. Just look at how many people talk about the skill of this or that grandmaster, but there is absolutely no evidence of this person doing anything skillful outside of the training facility with his own students or students attending a seminar.

It's also not that much different than those who claim certain techniques (can we say standing joint locks) are valid, although there is next to no evidence of these things working on a consistent basis.

And yes, this guy was talking crap about MMA being a sport with rules and how he had actually fought many times on the street and was also undefeated in over 200 no rules matches... and, until this match, there was no evidence of his skills, except as "felt" by his students. Sound familiar?
    yeah there are alot of delusional old men on this forum ahahahahahhahaa

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down