Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts & Religion

...and who could forget these? Attachment 5268

Attachment 5269
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    ...and who could forget these? Attachment 5268

Attachment 5269
    lol those are great
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Sorry about the ”

It's in the original version and I didn't feel like editing it all out...
    Scientology Volunteer Ministers Help Martial Arts Students in Zambia Gain New Skills
    Posted : Tue, 23 Jun 2009 02:24:19 GMT
    Author : Church of Scientology International
    Category : Press Release

The Scientology Volunteer Ministers Africa Goodwill Tour trained students at a national marital arts tournament in Kitwe, Zambia in technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard. As Church of Scientology leader, David Miscavige, described the Scientology Volunteer Ministers program: “The final word, as regards our front-line work bringing our help wherever and whenever needed is our corps of Scientology Volunteer Ministers — on call, 24 hours a day in scores of nations.”

The volunteers usually provide training at the big yellow tent they erect in the towns and villages they visit, but while stationed in Kabwe, in central Zambia, a young man who had trained at their tent invited them to come to the nearby city of Kitwe, to attend a martial arts tournament and hold workshops for students and their guests.

The workshops were based on chapters from the Scientology Handbook, a compilation of technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard to help people cope with the problems they encounter in life and improve conditions for themselves and others.

From the feedback received, the workshops were a great success.

“Doing this course has been a challenge to me,” said a graduate of the communication workshop. ” I will use the knowledge I have acquired from this course to make my world better to live in.”

“Doing this course has really helped me,” a graduate of the Integrity and Honesty workshop said. “I have attained self-worth and integrity and the ability to feel honest with myself and others.” Another young man who completed the same training said, “This course was challenging. I have benefited so much. It has helped me become honest in everything I am doing, which will help my friends and family as well.”

Scientology churches around the world provide workshops and seminars free of charge in these and other subjects. To arrange for a seminar for your own group or organization visit the Scientology Volunteer Ministers web site at http://www.volunteerministers.org.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i'm going to get it in the works and start my own religion too! Just like Elron.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    i'm going to get it in the works and start my own religion too! Just like Elron.
    can i be a high priest, or sacred monk or something. idc what the title is, i just want in at the beginning!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

A. evolution of religions.

we as a people like to have orders or rules. we believe that everything is under control by a higher power or being.

we worship, wind, fire, river, moon, mountain--

we worship some kind of god or godess.

as civilization building up or developing, our religions got evolved, too.

--

B. evolution of fighting.

we start with stones with sharp edges, --- we now have the doomsday bomb either H-bomb, neutron bomb--

--

C. the god of fighting vs the god of peace

--

we fight to keep peace or we have peace and the peace broken down then we need to fight

balance of power, orders or rules.

--

so we like to have a order in a peaceful manner.

conflicts or fights are only means to reach a order or peace.

---

some believe war is the norm and peace is only temporary.

some believe we are in state of peace and war is only temporary till another state of order/peace is reached.

--

the greatest harmony in a human society and human world.

it is called da tong as described by Kong Fu zi.

it is an idea, and it is not a religion.

when Li is widely practiced, a great harmony may be reached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcVbs...e=channel_page

my point is that there is a peace approach, there is a war approach.

--

D. the questions

do we need to fight?

do we need religion?

religion find us or created us?

or we find and create religion?

--

in the end, what do you believe?

Dang - I could use $15K

I was just about to post this in our ever-so-popular Busted Martial Artists thread, but Riordan made out like a bandit on this one. Shaolin priest indeed. I'm a freaking Shaolin disciple. My bosses make derogatory comments about that all the time. Ok, maybe it's more like they chide me for not being as skilled as the rest of the Shaolin lot that come in here, but still, baby needs some new shoes. I could sure use $15K right about now...
    SLC settles suit with worker who claims to speak to dead
    By Pamela Manson
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Updated: 08/12/2009 07:40:45 PM MDT

Salt Lake City has paid $15,000 to settle a discrimination lawsuit filed by an airport shuttle-bus driver who alleged he lost his job because of his religious beliefs as a member of the National Spiritualist Church.

Bill Riordan -- who describes himself as Shaolin priest and an honorary minister and medium, and says he can communicate with the dead -- claimed his bosses made derogatory comments about his beliefs in front of other employees.

He was fired from his position at Salt Lake City International Airport in June 2004 after about seven months on the job.

In a lawsuit filed last year in U.S. District Court, Riordan said the purported reason for his dismissal was that the job was "not a good fit" for him, but he contended the real reason was discrimination.

Riordan, who now lives in Arizona, has said he has the ability to communicate with "people on the other side" and has a black belt in soft-style Shaolin kung fu.

The National Spiritualist Association of Churches says a majority of its members believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule, that existence continues after death and that communication "with the so-called dead" is a scientifically proven phenomenon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

a scientifically proven phenomenon????

thats total BS

they are saying that science has proven there is an afterlife of sorts??

wow the things some people will say.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    a scientifically proven phenomenon????

thats total BS

they are saying that science has proven there is an afterlife of sorts??

wow the things some people will say.....
    yes it is bs.

however, there is a study circulating concerning near death experiences compiled by a doctor in scandanavia that concludes that human consciousness is independent of the body.

freaky?

yes.

duplicated by another dr or research scientist?

no.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i forget the mans name. but the account is rehashed in Michael Talbots: The Holographic Universe.

the gentleman that was involved in all those LSD studies back in the 60s or when ever, eventually of course he stopped doing the LSD tests once the medical implications of LSD side effects was more thouroughly understood. well anyway he then transfered to hypnosis. after leading literally hundreds of LSD studies, the transfer to hypnosis i guess was pretty smooth.

ANYHOW, one study that was done under hypnosis was essentially this:

They took people who had no connection with each other, no communication and interviewed them under hypnosis seperately for past life regressions, or what ever thats called. specifically to find out what happens IN BETWEEN the lives.

in several cases the patients described being in a state of knowing. truly knowing yourself, absense of ego, and a universal knowledge of the cosmos. anyway, its at this place where each, 'soul' if you will, plans out their next life. the experiences to have, etc.

its like life is really just a big cosmic video game. you are living in an avatar to experience life. pleasures, pains, ups and downs.

like its just some big game.

if you havnt read that book, its a very interesting read.

Talking

Religion is wrong in any form. To do something religiously is just that and nothing more. This is reason behind the majority of problems that come from the various religions. It becomes an obligation that is frequently done but never truly understood. Why bother right? I went to church/temple/mosque/etc.. so why do I actually have to listen to what was said there? Why should I study? I am not in school.

This is the mentality of the majority of those who cling to the skirts of religion. Organized religion is bad due to the fact that it is a religion and not that it is organized. The organization is not what destroyed it. The people that chose to claim it but all the while not adhering to the teachings did so. On the otherside of that is believing the organization to be all and the teachings to be none. Such is the way of the Roman Catholic Church(or simply THE CHURCH). And I gots news for all y'all, THE CHURCH is merely old roman paganism with a christian candy coating to hide it's huge political agenda(thus the atrocities done in GOD's name). Look it up.

The teachings are all that matter. the ceremony never mattered. never once in any (real) interpretation did GOD ever command us all to a ceremony. Ceremonies are a pagan/shamanistc(if you desire to separate the two) practice that ultimately leads to nothing. It's because pagans have almost nothing at the core. Things like philosophy and higher teachings were added later if at all. All after Moses is said to have presented the Ten Commandments. Then values and morals and the like were added to the majority of religions.

Moses, Lao Tsu, Buddha, Jesus. None of them ever said that they belonged to a religion. They followed their own path and taught others to do the same. Ultimately, you and your relationship with GOD is important regardless if you choose to believe or not. I myself am a born again pentecostal(we are against ceremony without treu purpose so the best in my opinon) christian but I have no religion. The bible even says (in hebrews I believe) that (paraphrasing)to follow his teaching but not truly believe and adhere is sin. Blind religion is sin. Blind faith is also sin. Religion in itself enables the blind to continue on without sight. It down right encourages it. From this line of thinking, one can even say religion itself is sin. "Crazy" right?

my 2 cents

thats a very interesting way to look at things.

thanks for sharing.

if u are atheist and theres no such thing as right and wrong then religion isnt wrong
    i dont understand the strange hate people in the west have for their own christian religion its very weird
    Last edited by bawang; 08-13-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal DestructionLLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services LLC

religion or belief is an individual or personal life time persuits.

I believe god created everything on earth.

but we were not there to witness the happening,

compared with the life story of the planet earth.

our lifetime is too short.

so why not enjoy our this life and not to worry about things before and after this life.

oops. this idea already espoused by Kong Fu Zi.

If we do not know about life, then why worry about death or things after death?

Bu Zhi Sheng Yan Zhi Si.

--

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    yes it is bs.

however, there is a study circulating concerning near death experiences compiled by a doctor in scandanavia that concludes that human consciousness is independent of the body.
    Early 20th century Occultist Alexandra David-Neel mentioned the very same thing in her book Magic and Mystery in Tibet. She also mentioned that consciousness can reside in any part of the body and not just the head. She stated if you focus your consciousness on your big toe, for example, you will feel a subtle warm feeling there. I've tried the exercise and it works everywhere you could think of, even the elbows.