Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northern Styles

When I was around 14 or 15, we knew a guy who also said he had studied at Shaolin temple.... Like most guys like this, the story wasn't good enough "as is". He was also "Spanish royalty" and he had ended up in Beijing because his uncle wanted to study Judo (no, I'm not making this up!)

I was only 14 and I already knew enough to ask a few basic questions

1) You know that Shaolin Temple isn't exactly in Beijing right?

2) How were you there during the cultural revolution?

3) If you were there for any length of time, how come you don't know at least a FEW words in Chinese?

Of course, when my hing-dai went to China in 1984-85, he visited the temple, and at that time it was basicly a ruin and pretty empty... so much for being a secret shaolin judo monk
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

You guys are just jealous and you don't have any imagination and aren't free spirits. You are all bound by your own world of illusion! If only you would bow down and take it where you need it, you would understand all the secrets and come to accept this super secret school as the real thing!

All you need to do is give up all your rational thought, free will, and responsibility to be one of the blessed. But it is clear you are not SPECIAL enough....so you will never know the secret teachings.

I know because I have done so....and LOOK what it did for me, Me, ME!....HEE! HEE! HEE! Tweedle Dee Dee!!!!

I think that Scot_ is jealous because he never got to be a Secret Shaolin Judo Monk...

I am the sole inheritor of Shaolin Judo! Whe I lived in Hong Kong I trained at the Shaolin temple and the abbott was Jigaro Kano's grandson. He taught me the secret anti-grappling methods which allow you to maim and disable a BJJ expert on the ground, and then passed on to me his secret Kuen Po which can only be read with special glasses.
    If anyone wishes to train with me you must first forsake all other martial arts training and forget what you think you know. You must then sell your house, give me the proceeds and live in my garage.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    I am the sole inheritor of Shaolin Judo! Whe I lived in Hong Kong I trained at the Shaolin temple and the abbott was Jigaro Kano's grandson. He taught me the secret anti-grappling methods which allow you to maim and disable a BJJ expert on the ground, and then passed on to me his secret Kuen Po which can only be read with special glasses.
    If anyone wishes to train with me you must first forsake all other martial arts training and forget what you think you know. You must then sell your house, give me the proceeds and live in my garage.
    you had me sold until the part about selling my house - as if that's gonna happen in this market!

besides, you may be the sole inheritor, but I am the secret sole inheritor; at least I was until I mentioned it here...

[QUOTE=JJMantis;954469]Complete and total sh it.

The Shaolin Temple as it exists today is a circus troupe. Very athletic men, but they are gymnasts and acrobats. The original temple was burned and the masters killed, any fan of chop socky flicks knows that.

Spoken like a person who only believes what he has read on the internet, in the movies and has not done his homework on Shaolin Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by gummi View Post
    Right. Not Asian, ethnicity or nationality. American, but trained at the Shaolin Temple since childhood. Doesn't explain how he lives in America.
    I have never heard of any American's that have trained at Shaolin since childhood. If this was true he would have a Shaolin name. Could you give us that?

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    Spoken like a person who only believes what he has read on the internet, in the movies and has not done his homework on Shaolin Temple.
    Spoken like a veiled insult.

My best friend, the best man at my wedding, and Chan Tai San's disciple, was THERE at Shaolin in 1985... it was in ruins and there were only 6 monks there, ALL OLD.

This was before the commercial venture we now know as "Shaolin" started....

Those are the facts, and if you don't know them, you are the one who needs to do "homework"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by gummi View Post
    My mission was not so much to talk about the particular school, but to discuss styles. There are very few resources to go to in my area.
    Generally even the most secret styles have been given some type of public exposure. The world of martial art particularly traditional Chinese martial art is a very small world. If the teachers and their lineages are "secret" or something just doesn't seem quite right it usually is a good indicator of a fraud being perpetrated. The contributors on this forum despite their lack of diplomacy are quite knowledgeable and could probably save you from wasting your time studying a style that amounts to made up nonsense.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    My best friend, the best man at my wedding, and Chan Tai San's disciple, was THERE at Shaolin in 1985... it was in ruins and there were only 6 monks there, ALL OLD.

This was before the commercial venture we now know as "Shaolin" started....

Those are the facts, and if you don't know them, you are the one who needs to do "homework"
    Yes, I knew them all...I trained under them...I was a closed door, basement (and attic) student! I was granted a Masterhood by each of them. Each taught me a separate skill set and that is why I am now invincible!!!

Of course I can tell you their names if I wanted too, but I don't want too! They would disapprove and they trusted me to keep their identities hidden!

Also, if you REALLY know who they are, you don't need their names, and if you don't know who they are, their names will have no meaning to you!

and THAT is my proof that I am what I say I am!

And if you or anyone else doesn't like it, YOU CAN SUCK MY TOES!!!

....PLEASE!!!!

I think that Scot_ is jealous because he never got to be a Secret Shaolin Judo Monk...
    Secret Shaolin Judo, is for open door students....we called them PANSIES

...back in the day!

the problem is they teach modern wushu to outsiders for money and in the end that hurts them
    Last edited by bawang; 08-17-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

is that secret shaolin judo master's name John Takeshi?

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Respect? I always deliver respect or at least courtesy. It costs me nothing - it's free.

They don't promote the "secret" stuff so much. That's repeated by students from an earlier era.

What seems truly unlikely is that there would be an American child "studying" ancient Chinese culture of any nature in the 1960s, with Chairman Mao and the Red Guard running amok.
    To be a Shaolin or Taoist priest, he would have to have been ordained by someone. He doesn't seem to want to say and clearly not open to questions.

What I cannot rationalize is the lineage. They claim that its ancient without alteration for 2,000 years. If he can't say who trained him, and in what, I doubt everything. He practices something and is expert in it. The question is - what is it?

A very good obvious point earlier on this thread - if it's 'authentic' Northern-style Shaolin kung fu, it would be consistent with other schools and systems, not something different.

Thanks for the feedback~