Thread: Bagua disappearing tricks

Bagua disappearing tricks

As you can tell, I'm on a Bagua trip right now. Not gonna study, just trying to get an overview of the art and maybe steal a trick or two.

How do you guys do that **** disappearing thing where the next thing I know I got popped in the back of the head.

Actual simplistic techs would be nice. If you get too deep into the theory, it'll probably go right over my head. Helps if you can explain it in Taiji terms too.

Thanks
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

www.blacktaoist.com

read articles section...your answer lies therein

Thanks
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

ba gua disapearance

all in the deft footwork

Not sure how to disappear, WD, but bagua seems to use stuff like quick flicks to the opponent's face to distract as they drop and step offline to the opponent's attack. BK Frantzis talks about this in that book (can't remember the title) where he's popping a guy up in the air on the cover. Frantzis talks about taking advantage of breaks created in the opponent's "consciousness" (I think he means attention) and gets a little more abstract than I can understand--but it seems like that's what he's talking about--feints/distractions and moving quickly to take advantage of those. I've never seen BK so I can't say but I've played with a couple of guys who do a bagua/silat/wingchun mix and they talk about learning distraction/feint with simultaneous stepping to get offline and around. It's weird. Even though they've just explained it to me and I know it's coming they still get around me. Sounds related to what TBT talks about in here sometimes.

The little "disappearing" trick is achieved by practicing lots and lots of circle walking and the direction changes. If you practice it every day, it will come naturally to you in a fight. Circle walking push hands couldn't hurt, either.