Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Importance of Body Structure

i understand everyone's point, but just remember that this is a training video on "structure", it's not a sparring video. i think some of you are making it out as more than what it is.

I can't see how you can have one without the other.

If you want to use a big, strong, tough, multi-skilled dude like Julius (your words in the vid) as an example of the kind of guy you might have to deal with (again, your words)...and he might do something like this, ie.- throw a jab and bring it back...or try to do something after you've bridged into his body with both your arms...

then he's got to do something!!!!

Like hook off the jab as you come in, for example. Like one or more of the various moves I mentioned in my previous post as a result of your bridging him with both your arms.

Because big, strong, tough, multi-skilled dudes don't just stand there after throwing a jab or getting grabbed.

So no, I don't think you understand my point. To say that it's just a "training" video and not a "sparring" video is highly disengenuous, quite frankly.

That's my opinion.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 10-15-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    I can't see how you can have one without the other.

If you want to use a big, strong, tough, multi-skilled dude like Julius (your words in the vid) as an example of the kind of guy you might have to deal with (again, your words)...and he might do something like this, ie.- throw a jab and bring it back...or try to do something after you've bridged into his body with both your arms...

then he's got to do something!!!!

Like hook off he jab as you come in, for example. Like one or more of the various moves I mentioned in my previous post as a result of your bridging him with both your arms.

Because big, strong, tough, multi-skilled dudes don't just stand there after throwing a jab or getting grabbed.

So no, I don't think you understand my point. To say that it's just a "training" video and not a "sparring" video is highly disengenuous, quite frankly.

That's my opinion.
    lol..i gotcha, bro. i'll keep it in mind for future videos. peace!

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaBoxer View Post
    i understand everyone's point, but just remember that this is a training video on "structure", it's not a sparring video. i think some of you are making it out as more than what it is.
    The times where "structure" has any meaning at all outside of a fighting scenario or sparring training for a fighting scenario is when you have the part in a school play of the tree that stands there for 45 minutes.