Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it ever ethical to hit an attacker who wears glasses in the face?

~I am satan~ ~I will eat your glass~ ~glass in swedish means ice-cream~ ~I am satan~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

2. It does not matter if he is wearing glasses or not,if he attacks you,you have to attack with all the skill and power you have.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

"most people do feel a serious twat when they've been beaten half to death by the bookish looking guy with the big vocabulary"

hahaha
    mental picture of ben flying through the air shouting his own unique KIAI!

ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM!!!
    __________________________________________________ __________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

fish of fury with the blackadder quote! nicely executed!!

people wear their glasses during sparring?! not me!

people have asked me if the glasses are a problem in martial arts. i tell them it isn't. if the guy's too far away for me to see without my glasses, then he's too far away to worry about.

besides, i don't tend to focus on small specific movements anyway. (IOW, i don't need to be able to see his fingers twitch. i just need to be able to see the 'impression' of movement in the body.)

generally, the eyesight isn't a problem. sure, there was that one time that mum went to give me a hug and i panicked and caught her with a spinning hook. but generally...

stuart b.

Wushu Chik is actually right.

In that situation I would instictively avoid the glasses. If the opportunity to come in from the outside unflods I would most likely do my favorite palm to the side of the jaw and then grab and pull or take an ear. If on the inside I like the plam to the chin/elbow in the chest combo.

I would not want to cut myself. But I'd step on his glasses on the way out for good measure.
    Stillness in the heart of motion.

Why not..

.....pull them off. The geek would be rendered incapacitated. Then stamp on them. Or nick them, and run around the playground shouting "smelly geek" at him

Seriously fish, I used Antidisestablishmentarianism in an A-level essay the other month.

Does that make me sad?
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

If you are worried about hitting someone wearing glasses in their face, then give 'em the ol' shaolin uppercut in the stomach to fold 'em up real nice, then you won't be able to see that he's wearing glasses, now go ahead and finish it up with another shaolin uppercut (in his face this time, he is catching his wind, so his head along with those "evil glasses" won't be up pretty soon), or if you still have a problem with it, cause you can somehow visualize his d*mn glasses straight through his head, then as he is ****ed up, hammer your fist down with all your strength on the back of his head, or axe kick......whatever man, he's down you can even stick a finger up his rear end if you'd like

By the way, this is not brutal. Because if he striked you first, you aint got no time to worry bout whether he just ment to steal your lunch money, or kill you

I steal them, and put them on myself so he can't hit me in the face, then I kick his ass.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

If they have the guts to attack me, then I have the guts to nail them in their face. It's all apart of self defense and should use it to your advantage. That's of course, if they attack you.
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

Being spectacled myself.

Most Guys are more worried about cutting their Hands than anything else.

Also what type of glasses was not specified, how about sun-shades or similiar??

Seeya.

Is it ethical for a hot stove to burn someone wearing glasses? I believe in logical consequences. Some cretin I used to know avoided prison for years because he had polio and walked with two aluminun crutches. The same ones he used to beat people nearly to death with when he would rob them.
    P.S. Use a palm strike so you don't cut yourself. I'm cautious about when I wear glasses. I got hit in the face with an airbag traveling at 200 miles per hour. Destroyed my glasses and cut my face pretty well.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish