Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Record low approval numbers for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Cancer freaks me out, because while you can get it via smoking and other things, sometimes it just sort of happens.
    True. Andy Kaufman died of lung cancer, yet never smoked a day in his life.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I know a few that have died from Leukimia.
    I could only give 100, I've given a tad already to other charities.
    Sorry to hear that, guy.

We're a pretty giving household. We always buy meals for homeless people, and donate various amounts to school funds, etc. I have a car and a roof above my head. I'm good. Not everybody else is.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

obama is black
    i like him

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    It will sure speak volumes if those calling for FORCED giving do not voluntarily give themselves.

Well, so far, NEITHER side is being too charitable, except for SR, who is already tied with Bawang for coolest person on the board. I think his donation edged him up, though.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Well, so far, NEITHER side is being too charitable, except for SR, who is already tied with Bawang for coolest person on the board. I think his donation edged him up, though.
    I am more beautiful than Bawang, he's asian.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You can tell who gave?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

You can tell who gave?
    It shows on the website.

You can tell who gave?
    Absolutely. How else can I send nifty thank you cards?

It's also a tax write-off.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

You can tell who gave?
    Nobody will know it's you.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

You can tell who gave?
    If you want, I can hide your name if you choose to donate.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

It's also interesting you are bashing on Christianity, while pointing out their religion does call for charity.
    Does it? In the Greek it was agape, and in the context of the scriptures probably meant more like to love God. Not give monehs to the poor.

But because I figured you would believe that Christianity promotes Charity and within the modern context it does, I was attempting to use your own arguments against you. Since you believe your religion says should be charitable, that you should be more charitable.

Just because it has one or more redeeming qualities doesn’t mean the rest is good and I should embrace it. My issue is not with the Charity, though I don’t think the bible promotes charity but Christians do. My issue is with the way people use their religion for negative purposes, like ignorance. And my issue is with the actual core of the teachings, not with the way the majority of Christians choose to interpret that core, to meet the expectations of modern morality.

Drake

Dear SanHeChuan:

Thank you so much for your generous donation to support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's efforts to find cures for blood cancers, on behalf of David Ethington. This message is automatically generated as a receipt for your recent donation through teamintraining.org.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Does it? In the Greek it was agape, and in the context of the scriptures probably meant more like to love God. Not give monehs to the poor.

But because I figured you would believe that Christianity promotes Charity and within the modern context it does, I was attempting to use your own arguments against you. Since you believe your religion says should be charitable, that you should be more charitable.

Just because it has one or more redeeming qualities doesn’t mean the rest is good and I should embrace it. My issue is not with the Charity, though I don’t think the bible promotes charity but Christians do. My issue is with the way people use their religion for negative purposes, like ignorance. And my issue is with the actual core of the teachings, not with the way the majority of Christians choose to interpret that core, to meet the expectations of modern morality.

Drake
    Thanks!

I'm going on leave next week, and will probably spend a good chunk of it in the cold trying to collect funds for LLS. I'll wear my dress uniform, exploit that military edge. Hehehehe.

It's funny that I enjoy making money for charity more than I do for myself. It's a different type of satisfaction.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The NT makes it clear that Christians are to take care of those that can't take care of themselves, widows are singled out as an example, older widows I should say.
    The NT also makes it clear that ALL that CAN work for their wages SHOULD.

The OT and Hebrew law mentions that a certain % of income should be given to the less fortunate, the NT mentions that too, the difference is that while in the OT that was part of the law, in the NT it is to be done out of love.
    The intent behind charity being the crucial element.

The intent behind charity being the crucial element.
    Which intent would that be, the promotion of the religion? Biscuits for bibles.

Out of curiosity where do you get family values in the bible?

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple." Doesn't really sell me on family values.

The bible seems to consistently demand that you put your faith before your children. That doesn't really vibe with today’s values where a parent is expected to sacrifice anything and everything for their children, even their soul.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Why can't we give just to give?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown