Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

ahhh Youth

Boys will be boys.

Boys want to prove something. Injuries happen. They are young, They will learn.

Let them get on with it and they can learn the hard way. If anything bad happens (I hope not) it has to stay on their conscience and they have to accept responsibility for their actions and the reprocutions that may arise.

Nobody really wants to get hurt, so when people have a go and do get hurt some may drop out and realise that its not really worth it.

To me it appears a bit of an ego thing brought on by the insecurity of not knowing whether they can actually defend themselves effectively and its a way of testing themselves. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have a good heavy sparring session every now and again but under controlled and SAFE conditions.
    Everyone has the right to defend themselves effectively.

Why do u wanna do this? You're not going to learn much when fighting all out, you'd be better off with some sparring. And if your doing this to test your skills, y would u wanna test your skills out on your friends? find some punk bi@tch and pick a fight wiht him...
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

Two, no one will get hurt

Are you retarded...Have you ever been in a real fight before and either got your face punded or pounded some one elses?
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

BAD idea. BAD. Sounds like you know nothing of real fighting, or even full contact sparring, and since you say this is a "fight club"--i.e., real fighting--you don't know what you're doing or what you're getting into. I know you probably won't listen, but I'm telling you it's a bad idea.
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

Hhmm

This all sounds totally unproductive as far as each individuals own art is concerned. As you have said that you feel you are doing what your masters and teachers will not let you do in your own schools, I feel that you ought to leave your schools as obviously you do not feel fulfilled by the ethical code that is uses to develop sound martial artists. Untutored fighting easily debases into ego sparring matches and do not result in real advancement in martial arts, not of any real substance anyway. Still the choice is yours and I hope either way something positive is learnt by you and the participants of this club that makes you really think hard about what is it that you trully aspire to in life.

Exclamation

I'm not going to tell you what to do. But I would read some information about concusions unless you don't want to have kids or a functional matabolism (sp?) think about it. Concusions are progressive. each one is worse than the next in my life.
    I am nothing.

Its

mEtabolism. See me after class for extra grammar homework.

As for the concussion thing, I can back that up, they just get worse every time. Boxers get Parkinson's and they wear gloves......... go figure.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Mate you seriously need to rethink your rules if you are absolutely determined to do this (and it is a bad idea).

If you are going to have people who you consider 'posers' in this fight, then they are going to be too prideful to quit and too eager to cause the maximum of visible damage in order to impress.
    Maybe when you were ten you could get away with having full on fights and convincing your parents you got the injuries from football, but now you are going to get clocked.

Some parents go ape**** if someone hurts their son as well. Say if you knock out some bloke whose dad is a bit of a fighter. If he finds out it was you, he will kick your ass so hard the police will get involved & so on & so on...

Thanks for the spelling correcting DelicateSound! I was KO'ed for close to an hour one time when I was a kid and I've never been the same. I can't remember a good portion of my life from about 5-10 years old. Concusions are very serious.

I think cranestyle brings up some good points. you can never predicte what parents are going to do. I saw a grandparent who looked in his 50's attack a 16 year old kid when I was working at a video store one night. I'm not really sure why but I guess it was a family despute thing and the 16 year old kid did something to hurt one of his kids or something like that. Anyway the point is you could be in a world of **** if someone gets hurt. I undersatnd wanting to have fun with your friends and test your fighting ability to some extent, but I think you could probably find a better way of doing it. It's already been mentioned that you could learn more from sparing and I agree with that. If you really want to go at it maybe you could get together with your sifu and see his thoughts on it? You said on of your friends was a boxer, what does his trainer think of all this?
    I am nothing.

Hey Son Goku, This a little off topic, But have you ever tried playing with paintball guns before? It doesn't sound like much, but there actually a ton of fun. First of all, you will all be on the same level, so no one should feel left out. My friends and I used to go up into the woods and make teams and bases and have a blast. Think about it. No one gets hurt seriously, but it's still a rush to be all camoed up and hearing piantball fire all around you and sneaking through the woods and trying to get someones flag or something. your still fighting, but it's more a mock battle than a mock fight. It's a good release.
    I am nothing.

Exclamation People, people, people..........You a sses worry way too much!

Okay, here's this:

You people worry way too much, alright? No one's going to die -- if we get hurt, we get hurt.
    Nothing that we can't walk away from.
    We're not going to puch the face, the sex organs, or anything / anywhere that can kill someone.
    We will be wearing cloth sparring gloves, but that will be all, other than our dogis or "combat uniforms".
    Another thing is that there is a 3 "KO" maximum -- you hit the ground 3 times, you're done.
    The posers will fight eachother. They get good, and they'll get c o c k y . They get c o c k y, and they'll get an a s s - wupping.

Oh, and Qi dup:

I paintball all the time, but it gets kinda old after a while and alot of friends of mine want something more.
    That's why the Club started. I was introduced into it, but "elected" organizer. And so I shrugged my shoulders and said,"Yeah....sure..........what the hell!"
    Fear..............Fear attracts the fearful............The strong............the weak..........the innocent.........
    Fear is my ally.....................

"Another thing is that there is a 3 "KO" maximum -- you hit the ground 3 times, you're done."

Yeah, no **** you're "done". 3 KO's is ridiculous. 1 KO and you should probably be at a doctor's just to be safe, but 3....

"no one will get hurt"
    "They get c o c k y, and they'll get an a s s - wupping"

Doesn't sound like no one will get hurt.

Since you're probably gonna do this anyway, I think it would be interesting if you posted what happened at the "club" after the first couple of times.
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

wha huh?

So you're not interrested in improving your fighting skills, at least thats what I get from this.

We're not going to puch the face, the sex organs, or anything / anywhere that can kill someone.
    You're not interrested in experiencing the real fighting experience.

We will be wearing cloth sparring gloves, but that will be all, other than our dogis or "combat uniforms".

Another thing is that there is a 3 "KO" maximum -- you hit the ground 3 times, you're done.
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish, impressing high school chicks with some cheesy club idea you got from a movie.

Look, I don't care what you do.
    There are three reasons you have not felt fullfilled in your MA training,

1. your school is some sport sparring Mcdojo.
    2. your instructor is worth a $hit and trying to make you a better MA'ist, despite your ingnorance.
    3. your instructor is trying to spare you a premature a$$ beating.

Given your description of your "fight club" it sounds quite tame in comparison to my "kwoon".

I don't think you have a clue as to what you are doing, but hey go ahead.

Son_Goku

Why don't you just get into a MA like Muay Thai? Then you can fight full power with very few rules, no headgear, etc. And when (note I said "when") one of you gets busted up at least you're insured. All the movie s*it is pretty to watch, but if you've ever been KO'd you'd know that it's not very romantic.
    But if you go on with it, give the posers a hard time.

I hate posers
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

Do tell us how it goes if it happens won't you old bean?

why don't you film it and send it to:

www.amateursparring.com