Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Killing Hands

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    A lot of kung fu (including Wing Chun) is supposed to be that way - no going back and just dominating the opponent's space - but unfortunately, nowadays many schools do not practice in such manner. That is why it was refreshing to see sifu Yui's video clips.

HW108
    that was my point. That is how Hung Kuen is supposed to be played. The trouble is, too many people don't teach it. I have seen so many "well-known "Masters" teach techniques that show the defender stepping back and blocking, sometimes up to three times, before launching a counter. Try doing that with a resisting opponent, trying to tear your head off. No Way.
    In our Hung Kuen, we "attack the attack."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    "the dead can't attack".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Sanjuro_Ronin,

No need to apologize; in fact, thank you for sharing.

I knew other martial artist could fill in the gaps with their own experience, which you did. Just because I didn't want to give all my techniques away doesn't mean no one else can share their knowledge

That's why I did this video on the results of the 10 Killing Hands as opposed to the usual name and application. Everyone can achieve these results with their own techniques from their own style; it just so happens that these are some that we teach at New York Hung Ga.

Yui

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    that was my point. That is how Hung Kuen is supposed to be played.
    It makes sense. Going back (unless it is really an emergency and cannot be avoided) is not taught in the kung fu styles I am familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    The trouble is, too many people don't teach it. I have seen so many "well-known "Masters" teach techniques that show the defender stepping back and blocking, sometimes up to three times, before launching a counter.
    The problem is that the world is full of "well known masters". These well "well known masters" produce their fair share of students (sometimes with "decades" (LOL!) of experience) who are clueless about such basic TCMA approaches to combat and hence even more clueless about the deeper and more profound aspects such as the internals and their various dimensions.

Unfortunately, this does not stop these people from sharing their "wisdom" with the MA community and as a result the TCMAs are in the mess they are in now with pseudo kung fu-ists and glorified kickboxers holding the monopoly on what "good" kung fu practice is supposed to entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengers
    Try doing that with a resisting opponent, trying to tear your head off. No Way.
    And that is real kung fu.

So again it is good to see video clips of authentic kung fu methodology.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 12-15-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It seemed very much like a "Hasayfu leopard" fist actually...

I heard that fist shape being called a tigers paw in my line. It comes crashing down with the fore knuckles to the side of the face. Temple, eyes, ears, jaw take your pick. I love that move.

Conditioned fore knuckles are a must!

Good video Sifu Yui. Looking forward to seeing more clips.

Thanks

Thank you for sharing , this is excellent Tradional Kung Fu.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    I heard that fist shape being called a tigers paw in my line. It comes crashing down with the fore knuckles to the side of the face. Temple, eyes, ears, jaw take your pick. I love that move.

Conditioned fore knuckles are a must!

Good video Sifu Yui. Looking forward to seeing more clips.
    Our school has that hand form as 'pao choy' (leopard fist not uppercut)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

good stuff.