Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Some Duke Roufus guy agrees with me about the Muay Thai Arm bar. He tells a story about that type of arm bar as well. His trainer in Thai Land used that to great effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYI8-...eature=related

Malipet does as well, but I can't produce the video at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Some Duke Roufus guy agrees with me about the Muay Thai Arm bar. He tells a story about that type of arm bar as well. His trainer in Thai Land used that to great effect.

LOL... I've been using that for years. It's no arm bar. You really are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL... I've been using that for years. It's no arm bar. You really are clueless.
    You are a complete and utter fool and an embarrassment. You are ignorant of CMA and kickboxing so just stop.

Arm lock /Arm bar/ whatever ROFLMAO What'
    s your address, I will send you some Kleenex.

thats a common chin na lock ive seen in numerous time in different arts dale the only one who seems to be clueless is you

but i dont youre getting up there in age and dusty so ill forgive you

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

LOL... when you've been grappling as long as I have, it's easy to spot the bullsh!tters. One easy give away is people who claim to be able to pull off standing joint locks.
    Don't tell Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    thats a common chin na lock ive seen in numerous time in different arts dale the only one who seems to be clueless is you

but i know youre getting up there in age and dusty so ill forgive you

also as well i might ask what is your experience studying chin na dale and who did you study with?

also as well i might ask what is your experience studying chin na dale and who did you study with?
    Oh snap who did you study with please tell, you seem to know a lot about chin na for someone who lives in the back of beyond with no school to train at

It would only stand to reason that a banned technique would not have an extensive track record.
    Wrist locks are not banned in all comps. A black belt got his wrist broke from a wrist lock in the guard a while back and is on you tube I believe, wrist locks on the ground where you have control of the body are still so low percentage that most people only play around with them for fun, from standing they are next to worthless, that’s why you don’t see them in MMA or sub grappling

Over/underhooks and 2 on 1's. Mastery of these works for everything from controlling a bigger opponent, keeping your opponent from striking you or taking you down, to controlling a weapon.
    Quoted for truth this here is what you want to work on for standing grappling, it works against unarmed and armed opponents and against skilled and non skilled fighters. (when i was introduced to standing wrestling control positions i asked myself why i had wasted so much time learning chin na, it is so much more efficent and effective to use under and over hooks, and 2on1's)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Oh snap who did you study with please tell, you seem to know a lot about chin na for someone who lives in the back of beyond with no school to train at
    ive studied goju ryu and tkd from my uncle who learned it from a korean master named sung cho
    and ive also sparred with one gentleman who posts on this forum who attested to my skill level

goju ryu has a wealth of chin na locks in it therefore i am familar with it and i find it odd how someone an discredit it when they havent trained or practiced the artform dont you?

ive studied goju ryu and tkd from my uncle who learned it from a korean master named sung cho
    and ive also sparred with one gentleman who posts on this forum who attested to my skill level

goju ryu has a wealth of chin na locks in it therefore i am familar with it and i find it odd how someone an discredit it when they havent trained or practiced the artform dont you?

I find it odd that someone would talk about the effectivness chinese locking methods when all they have studied is korean and japanese arts and have never atually competed in grappling or MMA

I have studied chinese locking systems under a few different teachers and also competed in grappling....my expereince is the same as dales, under stressful conditions they do not work, now perhaps when you either study a chinese system and then go onto fight in the cage/ring or do a graapling comp and pull off these techniques then perhaps you too can talk about their effectiveness?

If you leave the basic self-defense arena. Standing arm locks come up in full rules Muay Thai quite a bit. So from that perspective, it would be full-rules Muay Thai fighters telling world class grapplers they are wrong as they are world class in their own right.
    There aren't "different" arenas -- there is what works, consistently (higfh percentage) and against people with good attributes and skills, and stuff that doesn't.

MT doesn't allow (or teach/practice) arm locks or any joint locks for that matter.

Have you even trained MT? Other than via video (from your massive tape library)?

That's not an arm lock or arm bar -- and it's even taught as a way to break out of a hold. It is just using leverage to break your opponent's grip and he's not going to do what the guy in the video is doing, leaving his arm draped around your neck -- he's going to be moving, trying to immediately readjust, etc. You need to stop watching videos and go train with some good people.

Of course, now you'll say that I'm playing at semantics!

Chin na is grappling. What works or doesn't work in grappling doesn't depend on what style you've studied. You don't need to study karate to recognize that the reverse punch isn't all that.

What is simply f##cking amazing to me is that I keep telling you and others that what you need to do -- before you reach your conclusions -- is to go train with some very good people, like some good MMA people or BJJ people and to see for yourself. Just because something has been taught a long time or is tradtitional or comes from China or whatever doesn't make it good. What makes it good is that it works consistently and against good people.

BTW, if you set aside your dislike for Dale and asked yourself, if you were going to to train at a good MMA/BJJ school -- I know you never will, but consider this hypothetically -- what is it you'd look for? Perhaps a BJJ BB with extensive competition experience? Someone who has also well-trained in stand-up? Someone who has fought both MMA and bareknuckle? Maybe even someone with a great deal of full-contact stickfighting? And what if this guy also knew WCK? What else could you ask for?