Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of Choy Lay Fut Staff forms

Clfnole :

I know Muy Fah Sup Saam Cheung , but i am talking about this form :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoi-ceOIVXs

I'd never saw before on Tat Wong school .

Which is his correct name ?

That set is not a LKH set it is from Wong Gong. Sifu Wai has been learning from Wong Gong for a number of years now and has incorporated his material into his curriculum. It is very easy to tell the difference by watching the opening bow sequence.

We have a few other spear forms besides sup sam cheurng such as tang lung cheung, yau cheung & wun hop cheung. I also learned a sheung tow cheung form from Li Siu Hung.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 01-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.

I thought you had another one besides ng long baat kwa kwun - 5th brothers 8 diagram pole.
    There may be others aside from the ones I listed but to my knowledge my sifu hasn't taught them to anyone.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Siu Lum Guan

Actually the Siu Lum Guan from the LKH line is not a Choy Lay Fut form
    it is from Bak Siu Lam (cantonese version of northern Shaolin)

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    I know Sifu Sam Ng in Chicago has a 6.5 point pole I believe it is called lok dim mui fah baat kwa kwun - 6 1/2 point plum flower eight diagram pole. He is from the Chan Koon Pak line.

The 6.5 point pole and baat kwa pole styles were very famous long ago and principles, forms and techniques were incorporated and brought into many southern systems.
    Very interesting thread here gents. I would love to see what the 6.5 point pole form you mention here actually looks like as it's common practise in Wing Chun circles, albeit still very 'advanced' and varied from family to family.

I used to specialize in our form as it tends to be more lengthy and structured than the common Ip Family version. Probably more akin to what it was like in it's older state.

As a note, we generally translated the name to 'Six Point and Half Pole' as it contains the original 6 points and a half pole set within it. As far as I've seen no other Wing Chun family practises this way other than Lee Shing root.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Fei Li View Post
    Actually the Siu Lum Guan from the LKH line is not a Choy Lay Fut form
    it is from Bak Siu Lam (cantonese version of northern Shaolin)
    You are correct it is not a CLF form; however I always thought it was a Jing Mo set and came from the eagle claw system.

Mhh, I do not know more details…
    My Sifu who was a student from LKH told me this once.
    There are however similarities in the salute of this form and another Bak Siu Lam form
    that came also via LKH, that he teached me, the "nine provinces eyebrow staff."

The Nine Province Staff (Gau Jau Kwun) is another form that is seen in a number of different northern styles - eagle claw, pek kwar & buk siu lum but I think its origins is from pek kwar. It was also taught at Jing Mo/Chin Wo.

If sifu taught this set to your sifu who I think is Tai Lam, it would have came from sifu's brother Li Chun Hung who is a bak sil lum sifu in Hong Kong.

interesting

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    The Nine Province Staff (Gau Jau Kwun) is another form that is seen in a number of different northern styles - eagle claw, pek kwar & buk siu lum but I think its origins is from pek kwar. It was also taught at Jing Mo/Chin Wo.

If sifu taught this set to your sifu who I think is Tai Lam, it would have came from sifu's brother Li Chun Hung who is a bak sil lum sifu in Hong Kong.
    Now as you say it, I see some monkey ressemblances in this form…
    Don't let you fool by my current adress My Sifu is M. Punschke from Germany.

Are there any vids on the internet from Li Chun Hung?
    I would be interested to see what his forms look like.