Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have any Hung Gar brother here fought inside the ring/cage?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    improper anything will

though i think if you are going to shin kick its pretty dumb not to condition your shins in case something goes wrong
    If you are going to hit with ANYTHING you better condition it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    If you are going to hit with ANYTHING you better condition it.
    Really? So people should deaden the nerves in any surface that they will use to strike with? Personally I find it's better just to make it a habit to strike the proper target with the proper weapon (at least as much as possible). I don't condition my knuckles because I use knuckle punches to the body, not the head. For head strikes I usually use palms, elbows or knees. For kicking I find straight-line thrust kicks with the heel to have less chance of accidental injury for the kicker and also don't require conditioning. The only "conditioning" I do is cardio and abs...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Really? So people should deaden the nerves in any surface that they will use to strike with? Personally I find it's better just to make it a habit to strike the proper target with the proper weapon (at least as much as possible). I don't condition my knuckles because I use knuckle punches to the body, not the head. For head strikes I usually use palms, elbows or knees. For kicking I find straight-line thrust kicks with the heel to have less chance of accidental injury for the kicker and also don't require conditioning. The only "conditioning" I do is cardio and abs...
    as long as you gradually progress with the conditioning and use liniments as well as not over condition you should l be more than fine

your shin kick may not land correctly or it may collide with your partners shin or knee or elbow

and that does not feel nice at all if your not conditioned i know lol

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down