Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: On Behalf of Grandmaster Doo Wai

Question

Lama Pai Shifu, where are your clips on the internet?

All over buddy. My website, youtube, google..you name it.

Talking

Oh I have seen some of your clips and I understand now why you have harassed our Grandmaster Doo Wai. I see no jing (internal force) and no flow in you movements, just mechanics. You know the moves of the forms but you missed the essence. Do you use di da in your training? If not, learn, and get the herbs to avoid getting arthritis.... Moreover, Ross, who are you to tell a Chinese person how to spell, pronounce and translate the chinese language.... geeeeeeeeeez.... Study the clips of GM Doo Wai and learn. The style is internal and not external. The movements are fast, precise and flowing with jing. I am a 14 years closed-door disciple of Grandmaster Doo Wai.

Wink

This is a minor demonstration of jing.....

http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.c...eoid=887752422

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    So how are we to supposed to be able to tell from a video clip that the coconut hasn’t been pre baked, it proves that it’s been hit but doesn’t prove that there was nothing wrong with coconut before it was hit. Over the years I’ve seen loads of demo’s like that. It doesn’t matter what kind of power you generate if you can’t hit your opponent pretty wasted exercise.
    Kind of reminded me of the old story of about the guy who practiced Iron palm for 20 years so he could protect his village from bandits when the fight came he got the cr@p beaten out of him because he spent that much time practicing his Iron palm he never sparred or fought anyone. Although he could actually break coconuts & such.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post

Moreover, Ross, who are you to tell a Chinese person how to spell, pronounce and translate the chinese language.... geeeeeeeeeez....
    Hate to break it to you but Chinese characters have definite meanings. The "Hop" in "Hop ga" is NOT "combined".... I even gave you guys the answer, but apparently you aren't up to reading a basic Chinese paragraph that a first semester student can translate...

Funny how you guys NEVER answer a direct question

Oh,

Ngoh hai pin gou? Ngoh hai Chan Sai Hung, sahp luhk nin dou haak mou seut gen Chan Tai San. Yeah haak hung kuen sahp nin dou. Yi ga yaau ho dai ge mo gwoon ho yaau meng, hak saan hou dou. Neih hai pin gou?

cheers
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Here's something a kid in grade school can do

子 合 雄 洪 紅 俠 指

pick out which characters sound the same.... in cantonese
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 11-07-2006 at 03:06 PM.

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I don't see any bakmei clips anywhere on the sites mentioned.

What's funny is that the answer to the Hop Gar question isn't hard to look up....

Hi,

I am practicing translate techniques right now

子 合 雄 洪 紅 俠 指 - "Sub-gathers male Hong Hongxia to refer" ???

Nice thread realy, can I try to translate previous text, just to help?

I forghot to tell, I am from Switzerland, that mean neutral

清代末叶,游方僧人金钩禅师,从四州省至广东肇庆鼎湖山庆云寺,将此拳传王隱林为了纪年其师, 以金钩禅师有 “大侠李胡子”之称,遂将他传留拳技命名侠拳. 王隱林当初技成下山,曾远赴陕西省一带,隱身镖局,广结四方英豪,为的是恢复大明江山,但始终 未能如愿.晚 年本落叶归根计,便返回广东. 其後在广州设馆教拳术,兼悬壶济也. 王隱林祖师武技高强,独树一帜於岭南,因而声名远播,成为广东武坛“拾虎"之一.

The Qing Dynasty end, roams the four corners of the world the Buddhist priest gold hook Zen master, from four state provinces to the Guangdong Zhaoqing Dinghu Mountain Kingyun temple, passes on this fist Wang Yinlin in order to number the years its teacher, has “the chivalrous person Li beard” by the golden hook Zen master the name, then passes on him remains the fist technique to name the variant fist. "

Little bit like broken glass but something can be used I think

peace

Quote Originally Posted by pakhok View Post
    Hi,

I am practicing translate techniques right now

子 合 雄 洪 紅 俠 指 - "Sub-gathers male Hong Hongxia to refer" ???

Nice thread realy, can I try to translate previous text, just to help?
    Actually Pak Hok I just wanted him to note which characters sound the same in Cantonese

Hop, Hop
    Hung, Hung, Hung
    Jih Jih....

but, of course, they don't mean the same things!

Quote Originally Posted by pakhok View Post
    I forghot to tell, I am from Switzerland, that mean neutral

清代末叶,游方僧人金钩禅师,从四州省至广东肇庆鼎湖山庆云寺,将此拳传王隱林为了纪年其师, 以金钩禅师有 “大侠李胡子”之称,遂将他传留拳技命名侠拳. 王隱林当初技成下山,曾远赴陕西省一带,隱身镖局,广结四方英豪,为的是恢复大明江山,但始终 未能如愿.晚 年本落叶归根计,便返回广东. 其後在广州设馆教拳术,兼悬壶济也. 王隱林祖师武技高强,独树一帜於岭南,因而声名远播,成为广东武坛“拾虎"之一.

The Qing Dynasty end, roams the four corners of the world the Buddhist priest gold hook Zen master, from four state provinces to the Guangdong Zhaoqing Dinghu Mountain Kingyun temple, passes on this fist Wang Yinlin in order to number the years its teacher, has “the chivalrous person Li beard” by the golden hook Zen master the name, then passes on him remains the fist technique to name the variant fist. "

Little bit like broken glass but something can be used I think

peace
    yeah missed a few points but a pretty good job, and NOT hard to do and the answer to "Hop" is in there also .....

Alright, I think I gave sufficient time for a response. Does anyone mind if I post the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Alright, I think I gave sufficient time for a response. Does anyone mind if I post the answer?

I think it's obvious they don't answer direct questions, and Pak Hok let the crane out of the cave .....