View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1066 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 665669661016105610641065106610671068107611161166 ... LastLast
Results 15,976 to 15,990 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Yeah i can do that
    awesome, the likeness is uncanny. have you been stalking me?hhahahahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I'm sure it will inevitably find the circle.

The strong minded people won't be so easily swayed...but they'll always be outnumbered by the sheep. How else can the success of reality tv be explained?
    Word. You are helping make my point. There is enough sheep to keep fake shepherds busy and lead them over a cliff. Doesn't make them smart, it makes them opportunistic. They prey on the weak, and that, quite simply, is not a very difficult task. I have no doubt I could do what he did. None what so ever. He may have been a natural leader and nutcase to boot, but admirable? Not in any way shape or form. Not to me anyways. Your other two examples (Hitler Ghandi), now that is an admirable display of manipulation. Convincing people to let themselves get beaten to make a point or convincing others to commit genocide, now that is an accomplishment worth speaking of. All morals aside, both examples are extraordinary. They only thing about Jim Jones that was extraordinary was his willingness to do harm for his own deluded purposes. Most people who could do that don't do that because to them it is utterly contemptible. Jim Jones was extraordinary in that he seemed to be okay with what he was doing. That is all.

"Newer Stuff"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Lien U Chang and Jie Chien have enough in common with Lian wu Zhang and Jeet Kuen as taught elsewhere that I have no problem acknowledging that Sin The' didn't make those ones up. That much is clear.

It's the newer stuff that is likely made up. Doesn't make it all crap, but the forms certainly aren't demo material, LOL.
    I've asked for, searched for, but never found or been shown, books or video for a lot of the SD material, such as Liu Hsing (Meteor Fist), the Golden Leopards, the 8 Drunken Immortals, and others. Good or bad, that's a lot of material and a lot of detail, for just one person to just suddenly "make up."

And there are more than a few, lifetime devotees to SD, that can kick some serious butt, and also have amazing chi kung skills. Did all that come from nothing but "made up" copied stuff? If so, I wouldn't mind having more of that skill, regardless of how it came about.

Certainly, pure original unadulterated Chinese Kung Fu, including pure original unadulterated Shaolin, with all the culture, history, and philosophy (which would by the way put to shame some of the commentators here) would be the best of all possible (martial arts) worlds. But short of a time machine, and as far as SD may be from that, or as close to that as many here think they are, I don't know of anyone anywhere who has that. Everything you and we learned came from someone who got it from someone who got it from someone else, etc. and etc. How it is packaged and presented aside for argument, I think there is true benefit from what we learn, from what we can do with it, more than where it came from.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Well I may not be the best rapper in the world
    But I play as one in this reality TV sitcom
    soap opera, thriller, dramatization
    Huhuh.. I would get naked up in here but I'm on probation
    They prob'ly striking me out for getting too open with innovation
    But don't get it twisted
    I'll straight flash on y'all in a five and a heartbeat
    I'm fully a full-blown bully
    300 and 55 pounds soaking wet stylin'
    Woody Allen who be whylin', huh
    Everyone say hi, to the pork, Mork and Mindy Menendez brother
    Jim Jones of the mic that won't blow a cyanide capsule cover
    Jupiter Hitchc0ck would LOVE to hit a female AIDS patient without a rubber
    Talk about your rough, rugged, and raw
    In the flesh, David Koresh on pearl tongues and steroids

Bay Area what?
    Last edited by Syn7; 10-30-2012 at 07:19 PM.

I asked, why caouldn't I call some made-up stuff "Shaolin" if I did learn from shaolin students--and I have, outside of SD.

You replied:

because neither you nor Sin The learned from a Shaolin student. .

Right. But considering that "shaolin" is now a subsidiary of the wishy-washy half-mercantilist, half communist Chinese state and its regulatory commissions, then who has learned from a Shaolin student? Or...who hasn't? And what kind of expatirate Chinese-born students formed the teaching staff at Chung Yen martial arts school in Bandung? And from whom did Sin The' learn? We know of some, but they weren't "Shaolin" monks as far as we can tell. But they were doing Shaolin styles. So what's your definition of "Shaolin"?

Your answers are all the same: Whatever the Chinese people who you credit as reliable sources happen to tell you. Stick with a popular style, worship its ancestors, and take pride in a lineage that can't defend you because "lineages" do not correlate to martial efficiency. And what is their ( your popular stylists') knowledge of Chinese Inidies martial arts? Well, it tends to be rather low. So WTF do you have to contribute to this discussion except to cry about how your masters were unable to protect their mind property?

LOL. Troll elsewhere. We've heard your argument before, and most of us agree that SDs history is largely fabricated.. We've got 1000 pages of your drivel (and you didn't even type it--that's how unoriginal and uninformative you are).

Made up stuff

me, i've learned from video's of material from our system (direct lineage). i've been doing the system long enough to know how the system operates. i've even created my own form and put it on youtube and am very open about my creating it. if i pick up something from a trusted video source and teach it to my students they would know i did so.

but because i know books don't demonstrate a form properly, it is left up to the reader and his or her own comprehension of martial arts to figure it out. but if you have not studied that system before you won't know the proper energies or execution without proper teaching.
    Is there an objective test to show the quality of your "made up" forms, versus for example GMST's (or anyone else's) "made up" forms? And I don't mean how it is represented, that is a different question. And I don't mean a majority vote of other people who think they know more about martial arts, I mean something objective. More people willing to put up their time and money to learn it and practice it? The number of years (or decades) people continue to learn it and study it? More people able to prevail in a fight using it? I don't know, I'm just asking the question.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Right, in other words---you must learn kung fu from a Chinese guy in order to know the real ****. If you learn it from a black guy or a white guy who learned it from a Chinese guy or read some MA philosophy in a book, then it's just watered down American nonsense.
    but sin the is playing the "wise chinaman" with his long hair and funny talk. thats why your shaolin do story is so outrageous and far fetched. because you feel a desire for that exoticness, for authenticity, for the magical lost shaolin.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Is there an objective test to show the quality of your "made up" forms, versus for example GMST's (or anyone else's) "made up" forms? And I don't mean how it is represented, that is a different question. And I don't mean a majority vote of other people who think they know more about martial arts, I mean something objective. More people willing to put up their time and money to learn it and practice it? The number of years (or decades) people continue to learn it and study it? More people able to prevail in a fight using it? I don't know, I'm just asking the question.
    the original objective of my "CREATING" a form was out of my own desire to see if i had the ability to put together my own form. perhaps for my personal demonstration at various celebrations. however, my students saw the worth of this form and so do others. its my own experience with Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut.

the objective to create forms in order to fool the unsuspecting white and black people of the midwest where a chinese person was a rare sight is a dispicable way of exploiting gung fu. i don't care who agree's or disagree's. Sin The is wrong for what he did. PERIOD.

if you are under the assumption that a form will make your fighting skills any better then you are sadly mistaken. sure there is a quality test of the techniques found within the form. and yes i have people who are emailing me regularly asking if i have the whole set on tape because they would want to learn it.

does this answer your question?

the ability to prevail in a fight never never never.....did i say NEVER depends on the style or form top win the fight for them. it depends on your personal fighting ability
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-30-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

You guys are still equivocating like a motherfucker.

The simple fact remains, you learned a shit load of forms you had no business learning. Frankly, accusing you of theft is not a exactly a tenable position when masters are releasing books and videos in the first place. I for one don't really care to label anything as stolen. What I care about is it that you look like a complete donkey's ass when you perform them as improperly as SD does. Claiming them as part of some all encompassing system of Chinese gong fu only serves to stretch the assholery into the obscene.

Forms are almost completely useless to begin with. SD just makes it even worse. it is painfully obvious to anyone who has done even cursory research in Chinese gong fu when someone does a form who has no business doing that form. It's not the form itself but the environment out of which it grows that is important, that's why you all look like fools doing Chinese forms with karate body mechanics in an outfit that looks like a waiter from TGI Fridays dressed up for Halloween as The Karate Kid.

The "all forms were made up at some point" argument is complete bullshit for the same reasons that SD makes people look like spastic reanimated donkey rectum; forms aren't just made up. They evolve out of a specific context and environment and they're hard enough to perform competently within that proper context. Why do you think styles of Chinese gongfu almost always have some regional identifier attached to them? That's my objection to it, I don't care that it was "stolen" I find the complete disregard for quality offensive.

Pivoting the discussion to attack the character of SD's critics is as desperate and empty as half hearted quasi-eastern philosophical bromides or Tea Party John Galt fetishization. More prevarication to try and defend the indefensible. You guys are victims! You should be pissed at Sin The and his immediate cronies, not defending that pathetic con man. The fact that you're not just makes you enablers.

Please stop the whole, "but we can totally kick ass so that makes our crappy form bastardizations ok." No, it doesn't. Note that I'm giving some of you the benefit of the doubt as far as fighting experience is concerned only because judging from the quality of writing, you've all taken a few too many shots to the dome piece.

Blog Entries
    Right. But considering that "shaolin" is now a subsidiary of the wishy-washy half-mercantilist, half communist Chinese state and its regulatory commissions, then who has learned from a Shaolin student? Or...who hasn't? And what kind of expatirate Chinese-born students formed the teaching staff at Chung Yen martial arts school in Bandung? And from whom did Sin The' learn? We know of some, but they weren't "Shaolin" monks as far as we can tell. But they were doing Shaolin styles. So what's your definition of "Shaolin"?
    i don't know where he got his stuff from. it doesn't take long to gaffle up someone's stuff then teach it to the unsuspecting. what i do know is if there ever was a hairy ass monk like shaolin do claims there would be some form of written records of it somewhere. however, all the dates don't add up which indicates not a long of effective thinking took place.

is this Chung Yen there now? what do they have to say?

just because you copy someones style who DOES do shaolin, doesn't make YOU a shaolin practitioner. it makes you a thief who has no respect, morals, or a clue.

if you have seen the son, you have seen the father. if you have seen the father, you have seen the son.

these are not victims. they are the fruits of the moral and spiritual corruption and degeneration of sin the. their minds have been molded and the shape has been set. they will never return to innocence again.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-30-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    oh look, here is some bandung martial arts and they're NOT wearing karate gi's or wearing karate belts. how interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_xAbBrCas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    well since i was responding directly to the few posts before me that brought shorin ryu into the discussion to compare, and i stated you cant really compare shorin ryu to shaolin do as they are very different in several ways. then you called me ignorant out of the blue. then i backed my statement up with history. i wasnt even talking to you about anything.
    everything and everyone has a history. I would bet that SD is more like it in many ways than CMA ....what I am saying is this , somewhere between indonesia and here and 50 plus years of teaching there is some proof of legitimate teachings. its most likely that sin the's SD was a family villiage style that was based on southern shaolin roots ...to legitimize the system and expand things have been added over time and stories have been made up and or blown out of proportion.... you know like the game telephone??? the chinese and many people would rather go with the lie and or ignore the mistake and save face.....so F-UCKing what?

Blog Entries
    everything and everyone has a history. I would bet that SD is more like it in many ways than CMA ....what I am saying is this , somewhere between indonesia and here and 50 plus years of teaching there is some proof of legitimate teachings. its most likely that sin the's SD was a family villiage style that was based on southern shaolin roots ...to legitimize the system and expand things have been added over time and stories have been made up and or blown out of proportion.... you know like the game telephone??? the chinese and many people would rather go with the lie and or ignore the mistake and save face.....soF-UCKingwhat?
    dang, brainwashing is hella effective!!!!!

oh look, here is some bandung martial arts and they're NOT wearing karate gi's or wearing karate belts. how interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_xAbBrCas
    WAS THIS 60 YEARS AGO??its part of the tradition that was taught back then ....SO****INGWHAT? all this means nothing ...nothing. just words , only words .