View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1073 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 735739731023106310711072107310741075108311231173 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,095 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

U2 put up or shut up. Do 5 animal if you arent eating bisquits at this time. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    U2 put up or shut up. Do 5 animal if you arent eating bisquits at this time. KC
    i got sh1t all day. chicken sh1t. i know you're afraid that your form will get torn to shreads because you really ain't that good with gung fu. karate maybe. kung fu.....i'm overly skeptical.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    Yep and you live in San francisco right Gay capital of the world. No more explanation needed. KC
    you forever spout misinformation huh? it must be a shaolin do cult thing.

here you go.... your wackness. proof you are stupid.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/..._francisco.php

yep ur right im not that good , I am humble about my skills, " strong talk for a one eyed fat man". KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    yep ur right im not that good , I am humble about my skills, " strong talk for a one eyed fat man". KC
    one eye? are you thinking of my peenoose man? its not that type of party, sister.

i'd mix hands with you anyday. i promise you would change your opinion about fat people. LOL

i love SUCKAS like YOU who think because i'm over fed that i must be slow and weak. thats EXACTLY what i want you to believe. just don't blink. your line of vision may change from horizontal to vertical in the blink of an eye.

attention: i would take being fat, pimply, and have the tiniest peenoose on Earth ANYDAY than to ever be related to anything remotely close to being a part of Shaolin Do. not only isthe system bullsh1t, it seems many of the students are still as dumb as day one. fakkin kuntree bumpkins
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-31-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    lasange is awesome. the only thing is i hate red sauce. love the alfredo and make everything with it. hahaha. you should try my alfredo sauce sloppy joes over buttermilk bisquits. its a weight gainer but its SOOOOO good.
    You can make lasagne with a white sauce or some variation. Doesn't have to be alfredo, but that could work. Alot of veggie and chicken lasagne uses a white sauce. Same with pizza.

Blog Entries
    You can make lasagne with a white sauce or some variation. Doesn't have to be alfredo, but that could work. Alot of veggie and chicken lasagne uses a white sauce. Same with pizza.
    i love white sauce pizza. well that was when i was eating pizza. once i found out how many caleries each slice was.....good bye pizza

Blog Entries
    i could do a form better than you blindfolded, 100 lbs heavier than i am now, and on my death bed. what separates me from you is i can fight using my gung fu. you're just a performer. a bad dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Steeles that essentially say "Thanks for your cash donation" are hardly evidence of Shaolin co-opting anything from anyone who buys one.
    But it is evidence that Shaolin is for sale. All you have to do is pay them enough. Not sure how this helps the sacredness of the generic "shaolin" terminology for MA. If I can erect a steele for enough cash which says that I created the super secret shaolin formula for solving male-pattern baldness, and then sell that formula, seems to me that shaolin endorses the thing even if it only does so because I donate some cash to the state-appointed bureaucrats...I mean, monks.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I mean, it wasn't so long ago that SD and CSC school owners were telling people Sin The' had a statue of himself erected at Shaolin....

That's actually pretty funny. Never heard that one, but I wouldn't doubt that someone said it.

But considering that very few people talk about GM Sin, and most have never met/seen him, I wouldn't credit the influence of that story too much if I were you. Most students are there to learn self-defense / kung fu, not to study Chinese culture and engage in ancestor worship.

I think one of the misconceptions people have about SD students is that

1) Students flock to the schools to learn not just martial arts, but SIN THE's super secret martial arts.
    2) Anyone assumes that there is the right "shaolin" and the wrong "shaolin" when walking through the doors---or even that they all know what "shaolin" is.
    3) Students assume that a punch or kick is only legitimate if some Chinese guy that a bunch of kung fu "professionals" agree was once good--whether or not he ever tested his skills in a ring or in combat--taught that punch or kick to someone directly.
    4) They believe that a sequence of punches, kicks, and throws is special because you can trace that sequence to the aforementioned ubiquitous Chinese dude whom the kung fu regulatory guilds approve of.
    5) They all believe that students should worship their kung fu ancestors like gods incarnate, rather than focusing on sweeps, throws, punches, kicks, locks, and techniques.
    6) They will be convinced that everything they learned is crap if only you can prove that the founder of their system is not a god incarnate, and that they should seek a cult of ancestors in a rival school which has greater empirical value as the regulatory-guild-approved MA. After all, if your cult of ancestors is "shaolin" approved, then you're in the right cult.

It's all ridiculous nonsense, of course.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 10-31-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Yeah, I'm lucky that I don't have that problem. I eat good whole foods that I have prepared from scratch. Calorie intake is a non-issue for me. As long as they are good calories, I'm good with it. In fact, as of late I have been purposely increasing my intake. Same foods, just more of it. But then food is more of a chore for me than for most. I don't really do the comfort food thang, I have ganja for that. And when I get the munchies I just dive into the same foods I normally eat. Can't remember the last time I ate a chocolate bar or a bag of chips. YEARS! Once in a while I'll eat fast food just cause I'm hungry and it's the only food available. It's not an indulgence tho, I usually can't even finish it. It's all sugar and hydrogenated oils. Nasty sh1t!

You can make a low calorie pizza. Won't taste like a Chicago deep dish tho.

Blog Entries
    Most students are there to learn self-defense / kung fu, not to study Chinese culture and engage in ancestor worship.
    i don't see kung fu in shaolin do!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm lucky that I don't have that problem. I eat good whole foods that I have prepared from scratch. Calorie intake is a non-issue for me. As long as they are good calories, I'm good with it. In fact, as of late I have been purposely increasing my intake. Same foods, just more of it. But then food is more of a chore for me than for most. I don't really do the comfort food thang, I have ganja for that. And when I get the munchies I just dive into the same foods I normally eat. Can't remember the last time I ate a chocolate bar or a bag of chips. YEARS! Once in a while I'll eat fast food just cause I'm hungry and it's the only food available. It's not an indulgence tho, I usually can't even finish it. It's all sugar and hydrogenated oils. Nasty sh1t!

You can make a low calorie pizza. Won't taste like a Chicago deep dish tho.
    dang, you still get the munchies from it? i'm passed that long ago. i remember two things that were awesome about ganja. food tasted so much better and you can get lost in music. i miss those days. time to clean out and start over i guess hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    i don't see kung fu in shaolin do!
    I don't see kung fu in HAkka southern styles either, or SPM. Doesn't mean it's not there. My White Monkey STP in my sig looks better than some Seven Star that I've seen on youtube--or at least as good as some mediocre ones. And hell, it looks much better now than in 2009. I see waist-chopping, hook sweeps, jade ring stances, etc. These aren't kung fu?

GM Sin taught these forms back in the 80s, I think. And I have a video of him instructing the form, which I was given as a reference note after learning the form from my teacher. I've never thought much of GM Sin's demos, to be honest, but he definitely has the mechanics down for mantis in that video.

Or does that form not count at all?

I could put up a newer version of the form in a while--not sure when--that'll put that one to shame. It wouldn't help your case, I think.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 10-31-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    Lol. It was a joke, but I do wonder... If shaolin temple teaches everything nowadays and erects stones even to SD, then where's the line? What is shaolin?
    No it wasn't. You just feel dumb because you are smart enough to realize that what you said was ridiculous.

It's no secret that todays Shaolin temple is a sad sad joke of what it was. It's a PR tool now, funded by the tourism ministry and the capitalist ventures that are nuthugging. It would be cool to go have a look and walk the grounds, but don't mistake it for something deep and meaningful. It's a heritage site. Like old buildings in your city, but it doesn't mean that what is inside them is authentic to the period represented by the facade.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    And where does it say a statue Of Sin The ????? KC You exagerate i see!!!!!!!!!!
    What is wrong with you? He even quoted the comment for you? I'm starting to think you really are a simpleton. Before I thought you were just below average, now I'm thinking that was far too generous.