Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark Yuey Wong- list of lineage/style holders?

Chris

Do you said Mr Mcneil is the lineage holder of Laoshi Hsu hong Chi fron the shen lung Tang shou tao internal MA (mostly HSing I Chuan)? He learned his Hsing I from him? The Bagua of Laoshi Hung I Hsiang came from the Gao Yi Sheng and was not the specialitie of the tang shou tao player...

Why Tiny adds some Ng ga forms to the curriculum of his style splashing hands? from what I saw from the Videos of Mr Mcneil...completely two different style,different approach.....

Do you see or know the Matrix style??

Here for everybody

My question is how a guy could learned and mastering more of one style ...maybe two in their life? I agree we could learned some from different style but mastering ....

Kangmuk

For the Splashing Hand. This is a technique taught to children to get the arm and body strong to learn the palm training later. I see there are whole system taught around it. We start with a large jar of water and we slap into it until you can hit and the hand stay dry . The horse is from Ba Gua style. Use in technique so no one can follow your horse.

here you talk Bagua Horse ...could you explain???????

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 12-04-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Steeve, Sifu McNeil was a senior student of Hsu hong Chi, but Hsu Hong Chi died young and gave no lineage. However his lineage in Hsing I comes from Chiao Chang Hung as does his Ma style Bagua.

You'd have to ask Tiny about his motives, except as people have rightly said we can't. For my part (and again having learnt both the orthodox and the 'hybridized') versions I find the Splashing Hands system to be one of the most 'consistant' I've learnt. There are no new moves in the 'translated' forms, just stratergies.

I have only seen articles by Sifu Totton [sic?] his approach look interesting, but I haven't seen him move.

As to learning more then one style; I guess GM Wong did it As a Ng Ga Kuen player is it not difficult for you to justify that question

Personally I think once you have the basics of a style down (perhaps 5 years at 4+ hours a day) learning another will help you find dimensions you didn't get in your original syle. Always a contentious issue though.

Best Regards,
    Chris

Thank Chris for the answer

Splashing hands is a very interesting style...from what I saw ...I like it ....

Does you could show us a footage of the Butterfly form ...just to see if its the sameone or to see the way done by splashing hands...

Steeve

Chris

You probably could find that interesting....

I trained in Kuntao silat...(Uncle Bill de Thouars system)...We have a style call petjut kilap (whipping hands) incorporate in the system ....Kuntao silat is a eclectic arts or a blending of different silat and kuntao (kung fu) style from Indonesian.....anyway

The petjut kilap is very near of the splashing hands...the entry ,follow up ,takedown....sorry my english is not very good difficult to be descriptive

Maybe we could start a thread about splashing hands....Im interest to know more about the style ...not the history but the curriculum ,the tecniques and so one....right now we talk in Gm Ark Yueh Wong thread

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 12-04-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Uncle Ron

I agree Sifu Seming have more knowleadge of me about the subject...Sifu Seming respect every students of his Grandfather Ark Yueh Wong ....and all kung fu styles and their players

I know Sifu Seming very well ...He s not here to prouf and write a story...

Thank to Chris to give us the information about his styles and hope you start a thread about it for share with us...

GM Wong teached a lot of peoples in USA...some stay in the Ng Ga ...some trained others style but be influenced by GM wong Style....Just look in the net a lot of peoples claim to have trained the Ng Ga Kuen (GM Wong style) but teach another style now....or have their own style ....thats great to see how much peoples are proud to said ....I learned Ng Ga kuen or more GM Ark Yueh Wong kung fu...He was one of the father of Chinese Martial Arts in the USA

Best Regard

Steeve

Thumbs up Ark Yuey Wong

Hi Steeve,
    You are correct when you say G.M.Ark Y.Wong was the Father of American Kung Fu.
    He has reached people around the world.I'm proud to have spent 10 years learning his Kung Fu.
    Seming is his grandson and I think He would be very knowlegable and an asset to this forum.He could give us his thoughts about C.M.A.in general,also about his training with his grandfather. I think it would be appreciated by everyone.

Uncle Jim

Thank you Sifu Shewmaker, a complement means a great deal from you.

I often wonder one thing about GM Ark Wong's kung fu and was wondering if anyone could help me, almost all southern stylists I have met insist on mainly (or exclusively) turning/pivoting on their heels when shifting stance. But on footage GM Wong usually seems to turn on the balls of his feet, I was wondering if he taught one way or the other and if he ever explaining his reasoning to anyone?

Sorry it's a bit of a nerdy question, but if you can't be a nerd on an internet forum where can you be one?

You are welcome Chrislomas.

The question you ask is a good question. This subject appears often in K/F. On the heels is stronger, and it helps to maintain balance, on the ball of the foot is faster and with the added speed makes the end result very good, we also use the center of the foot.

It is ( in my opinion) best to start with the heel turns, balance and strength are learned here. As one progresses the ball of the foot can be developed. Or in some cases the center is better . This is the Sifu's responsibilty, to teach students to the best of the students ability.
    All sizes do not fit the same shoe.

Keep the name and syle Splashing Hands active and alive, in honor of Tiny and James.
    Tiny brought it with him, and, passed it on, do the same with pride and honor.

Take care, Sifu Ron
    Last edited by SIFU RON; 12-06-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Question Turning With the foot

Hi Chrislomas,
    When I turn my entire foot rotates in place. Like the arch .is the pivot point . this the way I was taught,i don't think about it as it comes naturally. I believe it is called rooting. I'm sure there is more way of doing it. I'm talking about standing in place and turning.Not stepping which is another matter.
    I hope this helps.
    Sifu Jim

Quote Originally Posted by chrislomas View Post
    I often wonder one thing about GM Ark Wong's kung fu and was wondering if anyone could help me, almost all southern stylists I have met insist on mainly (or exclusively) turning/pivoting on their heels when shifting stance. But on footage GM Wong usually seems to turn on the balls of his feet, I was wondering if he taught one way or the other and if he ever explaining his reasoning to anyone?

D
    Christ,
    Not just our system, I think almost all Chinese kung fu systems teach in reference to this concept: body posture / alignment - strength of hip / waist - stance
    In Chinese
    http://www.kungfu5family.com/Chinese0102b1.jpg

Ng Ga translation: your posture have to line up properly, by lowering your center of gravity to a balanced position, then apply proper “torque” through your “den tin” as you turn with your hip/waist, the force generated by this motion then guides / propels your feet to turn (pivot) to the desire stance. Pivoting generally is done with the heel but it is not as simple as just pivoting with your heel or ball of the foot.

Which video did you see it seems was done with the ball of the foot?

Seming

Does you talk about the turning stance...I mean static stance and turn from side to side(like the Wing chun player) or when we do the transition from a stance to another one with advance step or retreat ???

If you are in left frontal stance (bow and arrow) and you step throught for advance to a right one....the transition between this two stance is a kind of cross stance if you pivot in the ball of the foot during this transition you cover ur Jewell(groin) and keep the alignement for the next frontal stance .....

If you retreat from a frontal stance to another one ....you have to turn in the heel for keep the good alignement

here the front stance is the feet almost parralel in line not like the karate stance where the feet are almost shoulder width in frontal stance(Zen kutsu dachi)

Here I dont talk about CMA style like Pak mei ,Lung Ying,Southern white crane ,Southern mantis ,Ngo cho kun,yau kung moon the basic stance are completely different

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 12-06-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Talking Questions and more questions !

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    Chris,

You have great pride , honor, and respect for your style. Few people demonstrate those qualities today. You owe no one an explanation, you need not defend your system here again on this froum.

I do not understand why anyone asks these qustions about Tiny, James, etc. while James McNeil is alive, teaching in Southern California. Want to know something ask him.

Between the 2, Seming, is the more knowledge about the subject then Steeve,

This thread is about Ark Wong's lineage. Now that you are here Seming, fill us in on your life with your Grandfather. We have been side tracked too long.

Thank you, Sifu Ron
    Dear Sifu Ron,

i agree with you on all subjects pertaining to our great martial art. there is so much talk of other styles and concepts and the people who do them. on this particular thread, we should be more concerned with our own martial art not that of others and the way they have raped our system , changed it, then call it their own. they are another Ed Parker in disquize i too am interested in se ming's background, has he ever competed ? if so, has he ever won?what has he done in the past to help Wong Sifu when he was with us. as far as i remember he learned for a specified amout of years the left for what ever reasons. his reputation is certainly clouded in mystery and clandistine relationships. who is Ma Se Ming ? just Wong Sifu's Grandson ! That's all ! more than half of his onterash, i taught when they were only children ! buy the way, they still act like children !

Brother to Brother

Strength and Honor

ob1rv / el matador
    Last edited by ob1rv; 12-06-2007 at 03:44 PM.

comments to El Matador

Is your past and your karma so clean, El Matador???
    Some ugly story might turn up, someday, about you. Then what?

That's what you wrote on YOUR forum, Matador

"IF YOU AS A MEMBER HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY IN THE SPIRIT OF LEARNING AND GOOD WILL, YOU WILL BE DELETED AND BLOCKED ON THIS FORUM !"

Live by what you preach, hey?

Richard Vera,
    It is a shame for you to come out to insult people / systems have lineage traced back to GM Wong. Kung Fu has been evolving since the beginning; some people stayed with what they have learned, some added on their own additions, some created a new system; that is all good. So what is the big FUSS about that?

I learn kung fu for health and self defense, not for tournament competition; my health is good, still able to do what I did 25 years ago; my self defense is enough when comes down to it! And that’s the way I trained my students. Also in the name of sportsmanship, my students are trained to participate in tournaments; not just forms, sparring / fighting too.

Why you act like you don’t know WHO I AM and what I have done for my grandfather with his kung fu before and after he passed away? You know your Ng Ga Kuen kung fu were taught by me on behalf of my grandfather. You have confirmed it under your own website.
    http://sws5animals.com/main.php?o=8

When I visited your group, you announced it in front of all your students that Seming is the Dai Sifu now. Also the way you presented yourself to me in our 2005 reunion ( I have video and Ron was there too ); that said it all. Of course you don’t know the personal things like my training, my background in China, involvements with my grandfather in Chinese community……… but it is really none of you business! And Yes, you did assisted in teaching my grandfather’s Children’s class while I was away.

Sifu Seming Ma