Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Qi Gong

WTF? Time to be honest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    first off Stans innovations are different than the way my sifu trained me...These drills are very good against long range fighters or outside fighting. My Sifu didnt train us this way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVXH9f1WMbY
    No, those are not good drills. IMO, that is the worst example of WC on youtube. The 'punches' (if you can call them that) were almost 2 feet away and it was all chasing hands on the defense. No root, no balance, no structure, nothing. I particularly liked when stan puts his hand on his hip and defends one handed with his 'skill'

This is the problem I see with WCK today. People teaching others that clearly have no clue what they are doing. I sure hope what you do is vastly better than this.

Again these or stans innovations. I didnt learn this applications...my applications are different than his. I also have my own innovations too..What works best for me i should say from actually sparring with people. Stans innovations are different...my sifu would drill the form...drill chi sau and drill sparring. from the sparring we try an apply different techniques we drilled. my pak sau drills are mostly outside. I usually pak sau from the outside unless i have to do a technique on the inside. I perfer the outside of my opponent. His Techinques have been tested in the street however so i cant take anything from it. If you think his techs dont work. I am sure he would be more than happy to spar with you when ur in saint louis?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtkaS...1&feature=plcp
    You're right, I know his techniques will not work if he trains like that. He is all chasing hands and leaning way fwd out of his root just so he can make contact with the horribly thrown 'punches' which have no energy in them. There is no innovation here. When I first saw these clips, I was sure this was just a joke. I wish it was, because if he's serious, that's a bigger joke than if it was intentional

Tested in the street?? against who, a third grader?

I think you would do better to not offer up challenge matches for someone else. Stan has enough problems without you adding to them.

On a positive note, this clip does get my Best Youtube Line of 2011 Award though: "when he pak sau, he going to hurt your arm so bad you're going to pee pee on yourself"

these are more flowing drills. Where stan is throwing random punches. I have been on the receiving end of those punches. Believe me if you ever been hit by stan, you would know he is firing those punches for real. The reason why his son is backing away. Is because Stan is putting alot of power into those punches. i know because i been on the receiving in and felt his power. He is demostrating on how technique works against powerful punches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVXH9...lcp&playnext=1
    When did Stan throw a punch? I didn't see any real 'punches' in that clip. He leaned fwd off balance a lot and stuck his fist out almost 2 feet away from his son's face, but those weren't punches. Maybe his son was backing away because he was embarrassed or because Stan far-ted or something? but not because of anything else stan was doing. IMO that was just terrible.

If you think there is power in those punches,I am sorta feeling sorry for you. These are the worst WC training clips I've ever seen. If you think this represents good training or a validation of stans 'skill' then maybe now I can understand why you come here and ask so many questions..

Here is Stans SLT...It has some innovations with in but for the most part it is exactly like what he learn from Robert McField. Some Techniques are under exaggerated on youtube. But Stans is also placing emphasis on the applications of snake hand technique which is wider in his form and smaller in Joseph Chow. Stan is also emphasis the martial aspect of SLT not the chi gung cultivation. That is why his form is not slow in the beginning (Three Prayers to Buddha) Especially Wu Sau, Fok Sau Huen San cycle. Have you ever hit someone with a Fok Sau. It has enough power to drop someone if you have internal power and hit them at the right time. Timing is everything. He has the same constant speed so you can clearly see all the techniques in detail but he is emitting power at the end of each technique! My SLT is different...My Sifu taught me his innovated form of SLT and also have a standardize version with my innovations. Ne way. I still say if you want to judge stans WC i suggest you actually get up with him and spar. He will also chi sau if you like. But I think sparring with him would be more beneficial for you. Since his WC is designed for fighting. Specifically street fighting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybN8e...0&feature=plcp

Joseph Chow Siu Lien Tao
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHZ0xrd5fY
    I'm not even going to comment on Stan's SNT clip, there's no need - it speaks for itself.

I am really surprised that you find his clips to be good or that you think stan has any skill. I edited my original post because after laughing at these clips for a while it hit me that you might actually be serious and think this is what good WCK is. After that, I just don't know what to say..
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-10-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

JPinAZ - It's an classic case of hero worship, now we may have a bit more understanding of his true WC skill ... or therefore lack of.

Seriously bro ... you really need to stop banging your head on that brick wall. Slam a couple of beers instead.

He is demostrating on how technique works against powerful punches.
    No powerful punches were thrown by either participant in that vid, and they were too far apart for any of the punches to have actually connected.

The dude might be able to hit hard and fight, but there's no evidence for either claim in that video.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by wtxs View Post
    JPinAZ - It's an classic case of hero worship, now we may have a bit more understanding of his true WC skill ... or therefore lack of.

Seriously bro ... you really need to stop banging your head on that brick wall. Slam a couple of beers instead.

Im not sure what its a case of, but i like the idea of a few beers

Well thinks for your opinion. For one the punches he was throwing were not WC punches. He was just throwing power punches out to give his Son force to deal with...

ne way i had him throw punches at me before. The punches are hard. if you ever been hit by one...you will agree!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    No, those are not good drills. IMO, that is the worst example of WC on youtube. The 'punches' (if you can call them that) were almost 2 feet away and it was all chasing hands on the defense. No root, no balance, no structure, nothing. I particularly liked when stan puts his hand on his hip and defends one handed with his 'skill'

This is the problem I see with WCK today. People teaching others that clearly have no clue what they are doing. I sure hope what you do is vastly better than this.

You're right, I know his techniques will not work if he trains like that. He is all chasing hands and leaning way fwd out of his root just so he can make contact with the horribly thrown 'punches' which have no energy in them. There is no innovation here. When I first saw these clips, I was sure this was just a joke. I wish it was, because if he's serious, that's a bigger joke than if it was intentional

Tested in the street?? against who, a third grader?

I think you would do better to not offer up challenge matches for someone else. Stan has enough problems without you adding to them.

On a positive note, this clip does get my Best Youtube Line of 2011 Award though: "when he pak sau, he going to hurt your arm so bad you're going to pee pee on yourself"

When did Stan throw a punch? I didn't see any real 'punches' in that clip. He leaned fwd off balance a lot and stuck his fist out almost 2 feet away from his son's face, but those weren't punches. Maybe his son was backing away because he was embarrassed or because Stan far-ted or something? but not because of anything else stan was doing. IMO that was just terrible.

If you think there is power in those punches,I am sorta feeling sorry for you. These are the worst WC training clips I've ever seen. If you think this represents good training or a validation of stans 'skill' then maybe now I can understand why you come here and ask so many questions..

I'm not even going to comment on Stan's SNT clip, there's no need - it speaks for itself.

I am really surprised that you find his clips to be good or that you think stan has any skill. I edited my original post because after laughing at these clips for a while it hit me that you might actually be serious and think this is what good WCK is. After that, I just don't know what to say..
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Well thinks for your opinion. For one the punches he was throwing were not WC punches. He was just throwing power punches out to give his Son force to deal with...

Again, those were not punches at all IMO and there was no 'power' in any of the. And, they did not look like somone "demostrating on how technique works against powerful punches. ". That never happened in any of those clips.

Really, these clips are aweful. If you honestly want to be taken seriously here, I would suggest not promoting Stan or these clips ever again. I really hope your training is a lot better than what's shown in those clips.

BTW, did Robert McField actually certify Stan to teach WCK?

ne way i had him throw punches at me before. The punches are hard. if you ever been hit by one...you will agree!
    Then you must think 12 year old girls hit hard too
    Sorry Yoshi, I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-11-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

lol...your a funny guy. Alls i can say is you should come to saint louis. meet me...and meet him...

Again, those were not punches at all IMO and there was no 'power' in any of the. And, they did not look like somone "demostrating on how technique works against powerful punches. ". That never happened in any of those clips.

Really, these clips are aweful. If you honestly want to be taken seriously here, I would suggest not promoting Stan or these clips ever again. I really hope your training is a lot better than what's shown in those clips.

BTW, did Robert McField actually certify Stan to teach WCK?

Then you must think 12 year old girls hit hard too
    Sorry Yoshi, I couldn't resist.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

lol...your a funny guy. Alls i can say is you should come to saint louis. meet me...and meet him...
    Actually, if I was ever in in St. Louis by chance, I'd probably try to meet up with good'ol Terrence before I'd meet up with you two.

But just to make yourself clear, exactly why do you think I should make a special trip and fly from phoenix to st louis just to come meet you and that clown stan?

Actually, if I was ever in in St. Louis by chance, I'd probably try to meet up with good'ol Terrence before I'd meet up with you two.

But just to make yourself clear, exactly why do you think I should make a special trip and fly from phoenix to st louis just to come meet you and that clown stan?
    On second thought...Dont come meet me...you already know it all..just meet stan if you think your fighting is good...be sure to call him a clown before you spar with him!!!

you will get on great!

On second thought...Dont come meet me...you already know it all..just meet stan if you think your fighting is good...be sure to call him a clown before you spar with him!!!

you will get on great!
    So i guess from your comments, Stan is the more formidable fighter out of the 2 of you?

you will get on great!
    Yoshiyahu,

Not meant offensively, but Stan doesn't really represent well in those clips. Certainly not well enough to be worth a trip to St. Louis to go spar. There are world class kickboxers and mma folks in Arizona, JPinAZ would both financially and training wise be better off locally. You may believe Stan is a good fighter, and he may even be a decent scrapper, but those clips do not represent it at all.

I hope both you and Stan will put up sparring clips in the future, then both you and us will pretty well be able to say either you have it yet or don't.

Best,

you will get on great!
    First you start talking smack and 'challenge me' to come meet both you AND stan by myself, then in the next breath you back out and put it on me for backing out. If you're going to put up the oh-so-deadly internet challenge, at least have the friggin ba11s to stand behind it for more than a day

For that matter, why not just stop issuing challenges for someone (stan) that isn't even here (or better yet, at all, it's just really pathetic). But if you really feel the need, at least be a man about, and stand up for yourself and stop hiding behind youtube circus perfromers who aren't even here.

you will get on great!
    Speaking of sparring, did either you or stan ever make it over to Finney's or Rodrigo Vaghi's where Niehoff trains (in St. Louis) to spar with him or any of the people there?

I mean why waste about with all the internet challenges to travel cross country to spar when you can just hop in your car?

I'm sure if you guys posted up clips of your great "street fighting" abilities while sparring with some of Vaghi's guys it would shut everyone up around here, as opposed to videos playing around in a compliant fashion with one of your sons.
    Last edited by Wayfaring; 01-13-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Yoshiyahu,

Not meant offensively, but Stan doesn't really represent well in those clips. Certainly not well enough to be worth a trip to St. Louis to go spar. There are world class kickboxers and mma folks in Arizona, JPinAZ would both financially and training wise be better off locally. You may believe Stan is a good fighter, and he may even be a decent scrapper, but those clips do not represent it at all.

I hope both you and Stan will put up sparring clips in the future, then both you and us will pretty well be able to say either you have it yet or don't.

Best,

Well you have your opinion!

First you start talking smack and 'challenge me' to come meet both you AND stan by myself, then in the next breath you back out and put it on me for backing out. If you're going to put up the oh-so-deadly internet challenge, at least have the friggin ba11s to stand behind it for more than a day

For that matter, why not just stop issuing challenges for someone (stan) that isn't even here (or better yet, at all, it's just really pathetic). But if you really feel the need, at least be a man about, and stand up for yourself and stop hiding behind youtube circus perfromers who aren't even here.
    lol, ha ha...where are your clips on wing chun...please show me something worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Speaking of sparring, did either you or stan ever make it over to Finney's or Rodrigo Vaghi's where Niehoff trains (in St. Louis) to spar with him or any of the people there?

I mean why waste about with all the internet challenges to travel cross country to spar when you can just hop in your car?

I'm sure if you guys posted up clips of your great "street fighting" abilities while sparring with some of Vaghi's guys it would shut everyone up around here, as opposed to videos playing around in a compliant fashion with one of your sons.
    Well as for Vaghi's No. i have not been. I have met a guy named Alvin who is older who was a fighter there back in the day. He is in his forties now...but as for actually going there to challenge Niehoff. Absoultely not. I doubt if the man is even there. I never met niehoff nor do I know what he looks like...I think its pretty wild to show up at someone fantasy school an be like I am here looking to spar some guy who trains her...he post on an internet forum. I gave niehoff my contact info. Did he ever contact me personally NO...He says just meet him at a place...

So alls i have to go on is some guy on the internet who i never actually spoken with telling me to meet him at some school or gym. Why waste time and money going somewhere to meet someone u never spoken with or seen prior...I have met people off of the forums even been to their schools. But i actually knew they real people prior to meeting them...

Ne way it is what is!

If one wishes to demo Chi sao then doing chi sao is fine.
    Chi sao is not fighting.
    If one wishes to demo the wooden dummy then doing the wooden dummy is fine.
    The wooden dummy is not fighting.
    If one wishes to demo a form of WC then doing a demo of a from of WC is just fine.
    Forms are not fighting.
    However, if one wishes to demo WC, the heart and soul of WC, then one should demo fighting with WC.
    WC is fighting afterall.

It wouldn't hurt people to learn this mantra and follow it as best they can:
    SEE IT TAUGHT, SEE IT FOUGHT.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !