Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals Beware!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Liberals Beware!

I just purchased my first firearm in 9 years.

Smith M&P, 9mm medium frame.

it's pretty sweet.

doing the concealed carry class next weekend.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Nice....!!

The socalist state I live in frowns on the CCW. They seem to have a bit of a hard time understanding the Constitution.

True. However they see nothing wrong with criminals having concealed carry...I have yet to see them do any thing functional to stop them anyway.

yea, been looking at it since early this year. the gunshop owner said he thought it might make pistol of the year for 07.

my girl started going to shoot at the range all on her own a few months back and decided she was going to purchase and carry so we are doing the class together.

she decided on the compact version of the M&P after looking at the Glock and the Taurus Millenium series....LOL, I guess we're Mr. and Mrs. Smith now

We've even started talking about building a range in the basement.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Screw conceal carry! Carry it low and exposed if you want to discourage the low lifes from messing with you.

Welcome to the CCW fold.

BTW, Keep track of how often you actually carry. I cut back after many trips back to the car when I'd remember handguns were a no-no in certain restaurants.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-18-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

well, a month or so ago a drug deal gone bad resulted in a kid dead in the street...my street.

and lately, I'm actually seeing drug deals go down at a couple of spots within a 1/4 mile of the house as I drive home.

so, while I haven't owned a firearm of any type since 2001, i'd been feeling it might be time again and then the tale end of 07 ended up being pretty weird around here.

but, yea, in NC, you can't carry anyplace that serves alcohol. plus the usual schools, banks, liquor stores.

Guns, Smoking what else is our Government going to take away ??? Oh I know ALL OF OUR RIGHTS. Can you say Heil Hitler or Heil Prez. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Mateba Autorevolver

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepa..._model_6_.html

Attempting to procure one as we speak.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Guns, Smoking what else is our Government going to take away ??? Oh I know ALL OF OUR RIGHTS. Can you say Heil Hitler or Heil Prez. KC
    well, smoking in public should be banned. if you want to kill yourself, you should not include others.

but that's the libertarian in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    http://airbornecombatengineer.typepa..._model_6_.html

Attempting to procure one as we speak.
    wierd...but anything in a .454 is worth a pull of the trigger...but the carbine versions are just plain ugly.

I did look at this:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=24

very sexy, but not at $1100

next on the list is probably a shotgun, Mossberg 500 is just fine.

then probobly the Socom 16 version of the M1A. I like the Socom II version but it's not really worth the extra money after I got to hold both. The 16 will do the trick for a heavy round good to 300 yds.

all of this by the end of the year...just in case we are looking at this come Jan 09:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    The socalist state I live in ...
    I thought you lived in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    well, smoking in public should be banned. if you want to kill yourself, you should not include others.

but that's the libertarian in me.
    I agree, but I don't see any problem in smokers running smoking areas in bars... my government does. But then I would probably ban smokers from receiving any free health care for lung, heart, stroke or depression problems.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

what I hate is having to run the gauntlet of smokers all clustered within 10 feet of the doors on nonsmoking places.

but, I'm irritated when the smoke from the neighbors smoking on their front porch drifts over.

i'm pretty much big on do whatever you want but in no way should your activities affect anyone else in any way. freedom of _______________. is fine till it infringes upon someone elses freedom to live as they wish.

a lot of people around here have the bumper sticker "At least I can still smoke in my car!"

yea...but roll your ****ing window up!

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    what I hate is having to run the gauntlet of smokers all clustered within 10 feet of the doors on nonsmoking places.
    LOL, personally I think punching someone blowing smoke at you is self defence!

but, I'm irritated when the smoke from the neighbors smoking on their front porch drifts over.
    I live in apartment and I get irate about that on my balcony... (I don't get angry about pretty much anything, and especially things I can't change, but I just see red about that!) and extremely irate if anyone smokes in front of my daughter (in which case I will say directly).

The freedom of ___________ as long as it doesn't encroach on others' freedoms is the argument that by logical extension brings me to the healthcare conclusion. People smoking and drinking too much puts enormous strain (drinking in the UK costs the health service in excess of 13 billion pounds a year, without counting indirect costs to the infrastructure in general like days off) on my government's budget, thus my taxes, thus my quality of life.

People who want healthcare should have to take a health check to qualify...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Oso,
    What kind of carry rig are you using? One problem with most full size hand guns are too big for my needs (very concealable and with easy access) so I was carrying a AMT .380 backup in a cross draw but went back to my old Colt Detective Special also in a cross draw.

Here's what I'm looking at now for a daily carry.
    http://www.snubnose.info/docs/m642.htm
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

*insert percieved opinion difference here*