Thread: Joe Rogan

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Don't want to watch the video to get his exact point of view as i cant stomach much of his hyperactive verbal diarrhea but couldn't the argument be made alan orrs guys made it work?
    yes it could, but Rogan probably has no idea what happens in one small area of amatuer MMA over here in England

His point seems to be its the biggest TCMA by far, been around for decades yet what do we have competing in MMA? one school in the UK which most would not see as mainstream wing chun. Nothing in the USA to speak of, certainly nothing at the pro level

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

His point seems to be its the biggest TCMA by far, been around for decades yet what do we have competing in MMA? one school in the UK which most would not see as mainstream wing chun. Nothing in the USA to speak of, certainly nothing at the pro level
    I think the answers relatively simple

its either one of these or all of the above

A. *******ization of style to the point where it becomes ineffective. whether thats through people altering it down the line or forgetting aspects of it.

Further as a style becomes more popular its hard to retain quality control unless you have a real tight grip on how its taught and who can teach it.

B. May not have been effective to begin with

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

meh, I've seen this (i think, too lazy to click the link but i remember commenting on this video lol) . He pretty much took away any credibility to his opinion in that video when he said something along the lines of "one time I saw a fight where these two kung fu guys were on top of each other just pummeling each other, and I thought, this is MMA!" Because you know, we should all thank MMA for inventing the technique of getting on top of someone and pummeling them. Surely if MMA didn't exist as it does today, we would never see such a tactic
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...