Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haywire starring Gina Carano

she needs to keep her hands up to guard her head...
    Last edited by donjitsu2; 11-23-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ginalicious

nice post donjitsu
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Gina @ AFI

MOn the Scene || by Jen Yamato || 11 07 2011 3:00 PM
    Soderbergh at AFI Fest: Angelina Jolie Meets Steven Seagal in Haywire’s Gina Carano

AFI Fest’s “secret” screening of Steven Soderbergh’s Haywire wasn’t so much a showcase for the AFI darling as it was a coming out party for MMA bruiser-cum-action heroine Gina Carano, whom Soderbergh glimpsed fighting one night on TV and subsequently built a star-studded spy thriller pic around. But it’s hard to say if first-time actor Carano will branch out in a film career beyond the often lo-fi action experiment. Is she a hybrid of Angelina Jolie and Steven Seagal, as Soderbergh suggested Sunday night? Or is there more of a Cynthia Rothrock quality to Carano’s steely gaze and powerhouse physicality?

Haywire, which will be released by Relativity on January 20, follows spy/assassin Mallory (Carano) as she treks the globe after a double-cross, attempting to unravel the mystery of who betrayed and set her up on a recent job, and why. Through a series of flashbacks, past operations unfold with plenty of opportunity to watch Carano in action: pummeling grown men and fellow spies, parkouring across the rooftops of Europe, killing with a cold precision tempered by righteous motivations (and a conscience, of course), all while taking her fair share of bone-crunching blows along the way.

While Carano’s dramatic scenes leave something to be desired (her character seems to be written around her dry delivery and limited acting chops, similar to the more experienced but icy star of Soderbergh’s The Girlfriend Experience, Sasha Grey), the cast around her steps in to elevate the proceedings. There’s Ewan McGregor as Mallory’s boss and ex-flame, a private subcontractor who sells assassinations and spy ops to the likes of Michael Douglas and Antonio Banderas’s shady government types. Channing Tatum is kind of great as a fellow spy who toes the company line when Mallory goes rogue. Michael Fassbender’s performance as an MI6 agent who may or may not be trustworthy is another highlight with a particularly memorable fight scene, while Bill Paxton, Michael Angarano, and Mathieu Kassovitz round out the cast with solid supporting turns.

“She need[ed] to beat her way through the cast.”

The plot twists and turns its way around familiar spy genre tropes, courtesy of Lem Dobbs (Kafka, The Limey, Dark City), who had to reverse-engineer the story because, as Soderbergh requested, “She need[ed] to beat her way through the cast.” While the unraveling conspiracy and spy games are nothing new and serviceable at best, where Haywire excels — and has the most unadulterated fun — is in reveling in the sight of watching Carano take on her famous co-stars in close-quarters combat. They may outperform her with character work and the spoken word, but no accomplished actor in the cast can conjure the pure glee of Carano believably tossing grown men around, or kicking an enemy — one played by an Oscar-hopeful in this year’s awards race, no less — clear through a glass-paned door.

Conjuring everything from Jolie to Seagal to early Bond films (“the From Russia with Love era”), Soderbergh explained the impetus for making his relatively low-budget action pic at a post-screening Q&A, where stars Carano, Michael Fassbender, and Ewan McGregor joined him for a chat moderated by The Informant co-star Joel McHale.

“I’d just been fired off a movie,” said Soderbergh (said movie was Moneyball, later directed by Bennett Miller). Catching Carano fight one evening, he had the idea of putting her into a spy action picture. “I just thought, wow — somebody should really build a movie around this woman. She’s kind of amazing. She’s a natural beauty and she beats people into a pulp in a cage.”

“There were two things that were motivating,” he said. “One is, why is Angelina the only woman currently who’s allowed to run around with a gun and beat people up? And the other is, somebody 20 years ago decided to put Steven Seagal in a movie — [he’d] never been in a movie…”

The Haywire Q&A took a turn for the silly itself with McHale at the helm, yielding topics ranging from Seagal’s reality TV show (revelation of the night: Michael Fassbender is aware that Steven Seagal: Lawman exists) to the goat balls McGregor once ate on his own reality show, Long Way Down. Then there was Soderbergh’s lengthy faux lament of Kim Kardashian’s divorce (“I almost didn’t come tonight… we’re all in a period of mourning. I’ve been on some miserable shoots, and 72 days is a long time”) and his vague insinuation about real-life privateers and the financiers of Haywire: “Let’s just say the guy who funded this movie, his country’s now run by someone else.”

The best anecdote from the filming of Haywire, perhaps? McGregor recalled a choreographed fight scene in which he accidentally clipped Carano with a punch. “I punched her right in the head,” he said. “She came straight up and she went, ‘Are you okay?’”

“And she was right, I really ****ing hurt my hand. She didn’t even feel it!”

Could the same be said about Angelina Jolie… or Steven Seagal, for that matter?
    I can't wait. This is first on my list of anticipated films for Jan 2012.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The first big Hollywood martial arts film of 2012

I can hardly wait. Gina....
    Gina Carano took her fighting to a new level for 'Haywire'
    The former mixed martial arts champion was trained by a former special-ops fighter for the role in the action film.

Gina Carano, who stars in the action drama "Haywire," trains with Aaron Cohen, the technical adviser for the movie, at the Burro Canyon Shooting range in San Gabriel Canyon. (Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times)

By Nicole Sperling, Los Angeles Times

January 1, 2012
    It's been one year since Gina Carano fired a gun, but you wouldn't know it watching her shoot one. The former mixed martial arts champion, who will make her feature film debut in the Steven Soderbergh action movie "Haywire," is engaged in lively target practice with Aaron Cohen, an ex-Israeli special ops fighter who served as her tactical training coach on the film. Everything from Carano's crouched stance to the steely glint in her dark-brown eyes suggests that firing 9-millimeter pistols at close range is second nature to this 29-year-old extreme athlete.

"How's my form?" she asks as she fires multiple bullets into the chest of the paper target affixed to a wooden board 30 feet away.

"You haven't forgotten a thing," replies Cohen.

"Wow," says Carano, who earlier emerged from a black SUV at the dusty gun range in full movie-star attire — black leather jacket, lacy top, high-heeled boots — only to quickly transform into a fighter in cargo pants and sneakers, her hair pulled back in two low pigtails.

Geared up in hearing-protection headphones and a tactical fighting vest, she walks up to the target to poke at her center chest hits. "It's just like riding a bicycle."

Carano and Cohen are at the Burro Canyon Shooting Park at the base of the Angeles Crest Highway showing off the skills Carano learned during Cohen's six-week intensive tactical training course designed to transform Carano from mixed martial arts fighter into the role of Mallory Kane, a black-ops private contractor who is double crossed by her employers.

The movie, which opens Jan. 20, is another one of Soderbergh's filmic experiments: This time the Academy Award-winning director reimagines the spy genre within the confines of physical realism. Rather than employ movie technology audiences have grown accustomed to — stunt doubles, quick film cuts, wire work — Soderbergh opted to approach the genre with a real-life fighter as his lead and a real-life elite soldier as his technical adviser. He then surrounded Carano with such actors as Michael Fassbender, Michael Douglas and Ewan McGregor.

The result is a high-paced action film with kinetic fight scenes that stand apart from those in other films because they look so real.

"I really wanted to make a spy movie that wasn't a fantasy, in which the scale of it was very human," said Soderbergh. "Then I saw Gina on TV, and I thought, 'She is [James] Bond,' just in a different context."

With little more than that idea in his head, Soderbergh first arranged to meet Carano in summer 2009, one week after Carano lost her first mixed martial arts fight against Brazilian fighter Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. Sporting a black eye and a downtrodden attitude, Carano reluctantly picked up Soderbergh from a train station in San Diego, where she was living at the time.

"I didn't want to talk to anybody, see anybody," said Carano, who was surprised when their meeting turned into a four-hour lunch. "We had this normal conversation. He was feeling me out. He wanted to know what kind of person I am. And I didn't have any preconceived notions of him because I didn't really know what a director really was."

Soderbergh knew Carano mainly from her YouTube fights, where with her hair pulled back in tight cornrowed braids, she relentlessly punches and kicks her opponents, often breaking their noses and knocking them out. The director wanted to see if there was more to her than the intense brutality she conveys during her bouts. He was hoping for something soft, feminine, maybe even vulnerable.

Soderbergh, who previously cast adult film star Sasha Grey as his leading lady in "The Girlfriend Experience," knew the secret to working with untrained actors is to capitalize on their true character.

"The more you play to the essence of their personality, the more success you are going to have," said Soderbergh. "I found her genuine, sincere and very female. She was in some respects very girly, which I thought was great. Even early on, I was hoping to have her play both sides of this, a girl in a beautiful dress who could also chase a guy down on foot. I had no doubts about that after I talked to her."

For Carano, the Soderbergh interaction couldn't have come at a better time. After being heralded as the face of mixed martial arts, Carano had suffered a significant professional setback, losing in the first round to Cyborg in July 2009. At a crossroads with her career, the chance to be a lead in a major motion picture from a highly regarded director was an opportunity she couldn't turn down.

"I've always heard these stories about Hollywood and what you have to do to be in Hollywood but [Steven] was so professional and appropriate and I thought, 'Absolutely, I'll make a movie with you,'" said Carano.

A physical kid growing up in Las Vegas, where she attended a small Christian school, Carano never considered herself a violent person, but throughout her life, fights kept coming her way. Whether it was the guys who jumped her in high school or the basketball opponent who charged her over a jump ball during a game, Carano may not have instigated the altercations, but she wasn't ever willing to back down from one. Perhaps it was a trait she inherited from her father, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Glenn Carano.

"My dad and mom always taught me to stick up for myself so it's kinda in my blood," she said.

Carano started training in the sport of muay Thai at age 21, at the suggestion of her then-boyfriend fighter Kevin Ross. The striking brunet — whose profile should be on the head of a coin, according to Soderbergh — recently had abandoned a couple of scholarship opportunities to play collegiate basketball and softball, opting to stay close to home to help her struggling sister and study psychology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I just noticed that this was written by Lem Dobbs. The Limey is one of my favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BaXPg_2FJ4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

I don't think she is "thick" at all. I think that people forget most of the time we have only seen her when she was prepping for a fight. Also, most of us who followed her fight career know that she has always had trouble dropping down to meet weight.

I think it's the big boobs.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

I'm going to see this...just for her, but it looks like it might be a pleasant surprise.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Stay tuned...

...especially KFM people in San Francisco, San Jose & Sacramento...

THE ARENA
    JANUARY 6, 2012
    The Art of Directing a Fight Scene
    By DON STEINBERG

Director Steven Soderbergh has been known for quirky film experiments since "Sex, Lies, and Videotape" gave audiences all three of those things in 1989. He's mixed commercial fare like the "Ocean's" movies, "Erin Brockovich," "Traffic" and the recent "Contagion" with a film-noir attempt ("The Good German") and a two-part Che Guevara movie.

With "Haywire," which opens Jan. 20, he heads in yet another direction, casting Gina Carano, a professional mixed-martial-arts fighter with limited prior acting experience, in the lead role as an international black-ops agent. It's a risk mitigated by a team of male co-stars (Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas, Channing Tatum) that would seem at home in Mr. Soderbergh's swanky "Ocean's Eleven" world. In fact, "Haywire" plays a bit like "Ocean's," with an added wallop of spy-versus-spy butt-kicking. Mr. Soderbergh talked about his tough new starlet's cross-demographic appeal (from feminists to Ultimate Fighting Championship fans), and the joy of seeing a girl beat up on the boys.

The Wall Street Journal: You decided to build a movie around Gina Carano after talking with her for about four hours?

Mr. Soderbergh: Yeah, pretty much. I saw her fight on TV, and saw her interviewed, and thought, given the history of movies being built around real fighters, why shouldn't somebody build a movie around her? She seemed kind of ready-made to do that. She's a natural beauty and a real fighter.

I went to talk to her and said, "Would you be up for this?" She said, "Yeah, actually, this comes at a good time for me." [Ms. Carano was lying low after her first and only loss, in a brutal battle against an opponent nicknamed Cyborg.] There's obviously a risk involved. People know her, but not because of movie stuff. But I feel like this is what movies are for. They did it for Steven Seagal. Why can't we do it for her?

I had also been looking—because I love spy movies—for something in this vein that was set in the world of these private security companies. So when I saw her I thought: I can combine these two things. That's what we ended up doing. There's probably more Ian Fleming and Alfred Hitch**** in it than Hong Kong martial-arts movies.

With a real fighter, you do get to execute some pretty serious fight scenes.

Very early on, we decided we wanted to keep them as realistic as possible. No wirework. Nothing that you couldn't actually do. And as a result, the fights aren't very long, because what we learned is that if you're gonna keep it real, and these people are only doing what they can do, it doesn't drag out for very long.

Steven Soderbergh built a movie around pro fighter Gina Carano.

You built a cast around her—of guys who wouldn't mind being beaten up by a girl?

Yeah. And also who were—we didn't want to be using doubles and cheating and cutting away. So these guys really needed to know how to do it. I mean, God, Fassbender, she really put him through the wringer. That was a pretty intense two days. Depending on the shot, he may have a pad here or there, but she's really strong. During training she accidentally knocked out one of the stunt coordinators. She was constantly telling Channing [Tatum], "You're not—you need to hit me harder. Stop pulling it." It's just really, really satisfying to see a woman beat up on guys like that.

Do you feel a nontraditional lead brings extra authenticity?

Athletes—there's a specific kind of presence and affect that professional athletes have that I think is very difficult to fake. Just the way they carry themselves. It's different. And in this case really crucial for us. As soon as we started shooting, I thought, "She looks like she belongs here." She has that kind of presence and physical grace that you need to have to carry someone's attention in a film.

One of the things I've discovered obviously is that she can run. I could have watched her run for an hour. I just think it's the coolest thing.

Have you been a fight-movie fan?

I had to educate myself a little bit. One of the things that Lem Dobbs, the writer, turned me on to, that kind of ended up being the template for the hotel-room scene, was this Rod Taylor movie from the '60s called "Darker Than Amber." There's a fairly notorious scene between Taylor and this other guy, set in a room where they really beat the s— out of each other and tear the room apart at the same time. It's a great sequence. The difference is we have a woman, and they're both in, like, evening wear.

Until recently, Hollywood didn't have the martial-arts sophistication and artistic qualities of Asian films...

There's no question that if you made this movie 20 years ago, those fights look very different. The influence of martial-arts fighting in movies has been so dominated by the Hong Kong films that 20 years ago, I don't think our fight choreographers and our stunt coordinators—these kinds of ideas about how to do a fight wouldn't have been presented.

What changed?

I would imagine "The Matrix" has a lot to do with it. The kind of fighting that was in that, the Wachowskis love that stuff. Their idea to fuse it with this science-fiction premise was really smart.

How do you promote "Haywire" to the UFC audience?

Well, the other trick for us is we want women to come, and that's not typically who gets targeted for this kind of film. We've done a series of screenings just for women, to try and get them interested in her. Because when they see the film, they're totally captivated by her and the power that she has. Women really respond to her.

Her [MMA] fan base is very Internet-driven, so it's not hard to get to them. When we went down to Comic-Con with some clips, and she was there, that day she was the third most Googled thing world-wide. The third most Googled thing in the world. She's got a following.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

HAYWIRE ADVANCED SCREENING: San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento

KungFuMagazine.com is pleased to present HAYWIRE ADVANCED SCREENING

San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento Only!
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012!

Click the link above to get your tickets!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

im gonna see this movie just to support MA in movies...but i dont like soderbergh's films...so idk if im gonna like this one.

Still got tickets to give away for next Tuesday's advance screening

If you're in the SF Bay Area or Sacto, hit me up!

From the Cage to the Screen, With Fists Flying

Gina Carano in a scene from the film "Haywire."
    By MARGY ROCHLIN
    Published: January 1, 2012

Gina Carano, a professional mixed martial arts fighter, stars in the movie "Haywire."

THE first time Gina Carano met with the director Steven Soderbergh she arrived with a black eye and an air of depression. Just days earlier she had experienced her first loss as a professional mixed martial arts fighter: She’d been taken to the mat in 4 minutes 59 seconds by an impressively sturdy Brazilian, Cristiane Santos, who is known as Cyborg. What Ms. Carano couldn’t have known until Mr. Soderbergh told her — especially because she’d never heard of him — is that he had recently experienced the film industry version of a technical knockout: Sony Pictures had pulled the plug on his version of the sports drama “Moneyball.”

“It was an interesting place for us both,” Ms. Carano, 29, said recently, recalling how their moods were perfectly in sync during that initial meeting at a cafe in San Diego, where her parents have a home. “We were two wounded birds just sitting there, going, like, ‘Life isn’t fair sometimes.’ ”

Mr. Soderbergh had an antidote for the bitter pills they each had swallowed. “The first thing you need to do is just immediately get back to work,” said Mr. Soderbergh, who, post-“Moneyball,” had been wallowing in front of the television when he spotted Ms. Carano in a match. He was struck by the notion that she would be ideal as the lethal covert operator in a “pseudo-Bond” action film he had been thinking about. “She needed to get her head out of that fight,” he said. “There’s nothing, in her case, like somebody saying, ‘You’re going to be the star of a movie’ to put yourself in a different space.”

Taking a page from the Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal franchises, Mr. Soderbergh envisioned “Haywire,” opening on Jan. 20, as a revenge thriller that capitalized on the effortless-looking athleticism of the pretty dark-haired Ms. Carano, who is considered one of the world’s top female fighters. What didn’t concern him was that her on-camera experience until then had been limited mostly to televised mixed martial arts bouts, a brief cameo in the direct-to-DVD movie “Blood and Bones” and a two-season stint competing under the name Crush on the reality contest “American Gladiators.”

He asked himself: “Why are action films so ugly? Why can’t there be action, and why can’t they be beautiful to look at?”

“Haywire” is lovingly lighted and filmed, its action as sparingly edited as old Hollywood musicals, so that the painstaking fight choreography can be appreciated. As the double-crossed freelance agent Mallory Kane, Ms. Carano gives “Haywire” jolts of energy with her arsenal of explosive moves: pushing off walls, slinging sheet pans, twisting arms until they break. In one memorable scene Michael Fassbender, playing a suave colleague, engages Mallory in a furniture-smashing brawl in an expensive hotel room in Dublin. Mr. Fassbender recalled Ms. Carano needling him to hit her harder. “I kept telling her, ‘Gina, this is called acting, yeah? It’s pretend. I don’t have to hit you,’ ” said Mr. Fassbender, who in “Haywire” tosses Ms. Carano, dressed in black Herve Leger, into a flat-screen television. “I’m going to make myself look like a real wuss, but I was wearing padding. But she wouldn’t. She was stubborn like that. I think she likes the bruising.”

Or perhaps she feels that scrapes and goose eggs come with the territory. One of the earliest memories of Ms. Carano, the middle daughter of Dana and Glenn Carano, a former backup quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, is the after-dinner entertainment at family get-togethers: sofas and chairs would be cleared from the living room, and one after the other, little Gina would wrestle her male cousins.

“They were all fascinated by how I could handle myself,” she said. “But I’ve been physical my whole life. I have these big legs, and I’ve always been so strong. I was born this way.” Each of Ms. Carano’s war stories, and she seems to have a lot of them, tend to include vivid details — what kind of taunt incited the battle, what happened to her white jeans — and are related so cheerfully that one tends to forget that she’s talking about something involving tears (not hers) and bloody noses.

It never occurred to her that not backing down could be turned into an occupation until she was in her early 20s, and a boyfriend introduced her to Muay Thai kickboxing. “I was actually really good at it,” said the 5-foot-8-inch Ms. Carano who, five months later, began participating in underground “Fight Club”-like events. She would be paired with a female fighter, then proceed to beat her senseless.

Once she entered the more animalistic world of cage fighting, she gained a reputation for strength, technical proficiency and regular employment of the rear naked choke, a move that involves wrapping your arms around an opponent’s neck and applying pressure to her carotid artery until she concedes or faints. But part of what drew her fan base was the sunny, girlish vitality she brought to ringside victory interviews.

Unlike her all-business “Haywire” character, she is quite animated in person. After one “American Gladiators” bout, for instance, she was accused of using an illegal kick to the head. But she just shrugged lightly and said, “It wasn’t a kick, it was a step,” demonstrating with an insouciant smile.

By the time Mark Koops, an executive producer of “American Gladiators,” met her in 2008, Ms. Carano was on a winning streak. Despite the allure of exposure on that NBC series, she didn’t want to ruin her professional-athlete image by pulling on a shimmery superheroine hot pants outfit.

“I joke that we signed her and unsigned her five times prior to the first day of shooting,” Mr. Koops said, adding that once Ms. Carano committed to shoving amateur opponents off platforms suspended in midair and other contests, she quickly became a viewer favorite. “She can get on camera and instantly know how to turn on her competitiveness and charm. She’s beautiful and has a smile, when you can get her to smile, that lights up the room.”

On a recent chilly morning at the Mr. C hotel in Beverly Hills, Ms. Carano sat at a table on the patio directing her charm offensive at the waiter with a hand brace who brought her scrambled eggs. “What happened?” she asked him about what turned out to be a softball injury. “Slow pitch or fast?” Judging from his demeanor he didn’t know that the woman before him in a zippered leather jacket, fingerless gloves, jeans and a striped knit hat was capable of breaking his other hand and a lot more.

Though her mixed martial arts career has been put aside for 2 ½ years, Ms. Carano still thinks of herself as a fighter. Time and the “Haywire” experience have allowed her to view her loss to Cyborg differently. “It put me in a very humble and honest place,” Ms. Carano said. “Like: ‘Gina? Maybe that can happen. Maybe life isn’t always going to go your way.’ ”

She’s wary when it comes to speculating about her future in movies, but she’ll allow that she’d love to play someone more light-hearted than the tough customer she portrays in “Haywire.” “She’s very serious. I laugh a lot,” Ms. Carano said. “There’s only one time in the movie that she smiles, and that’s when she’s pretending to be drunk.”

Then there’s the matter of her battered black notebook, which she flipped open after asking for suggestions of classic movies to put in her Netflix queue, then wrote down the titles in her looping, schoolgirl handwriting.

“I guess no one would be surprised if someone like Gina came off as crustier, a little more sarcastic,” Mr. Soderbergh said, after being told that she’s home-schooling herself in cinema history. “But her sincerity and lack of guile is real. There’s a funny dichotomy there. On one hand she’s a cage fighter, and on the other hand she’s someone who is still evolving.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

so it seems here voice was either dubbed or digitally altered for the film..thats the rumor going around..and if you listen to her voice in the movie and her voice in interviews its hard to argue it wasnt.

Just got this press release

We are pleased to share the first five minutes of Haywire, the new action packed film by Oscar® winner Steven Soderbergh (Contagion).

Watch the adrenaline inducing clip starring MMA superstar Gina Carano and Channing Tatum on Hulu now at: http://www.hulu.com/watch/317437/hay...es-of-the-film

The film also stars Ewan McGregor (The Ghost Writer), Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class), Antonio Banderas (The Legend of Zorro), Bill Paxton (“Big Love”), Michael Douglas (Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps) and Michael Angarano (Almost Famous).
    We still have tickets for our three advanced screenings in San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento next Tuesday. If you want to join us, click here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    so it seems here voice was either dubbed or digitally altered for the film..thats the rumor going around..and if you listen to her voice in the movie and her voice in interviews its hard to argue it wasnt.
    Really? Any way to verify this
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

um like i said its a rumor... but if you listen to her voice in clips and trailers and you listen to her in interviews...you can clearly hear that either her voice was altered or dubed all together.