Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defining "Internal"

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    First your talked about "soft defeats hard". Now you talk about "soft can't be hurt by hard".

"soft defeats hard" does not equal to "soft can't be hurt by hard".
    When you can't hurt him because he is soft, does not mean he has to be soft to hurt you, but that is up to him.

If booth people are hard then the stronger wins, that's why you need soft to counter hard.

Would you believe the Chinese also used soft to contrast with the hard so we can come to appreciate that one needs the other to be effective?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    "soft defeats hard" does not equal to "soft can't be hurt by hard".When you can't hurt him because he is soft, does not mean he has to be soft to hurt you, but that is up to him.

If booth people are hard then the stronger wins, that's why you need soft to counter hard.
    Wow thats a really intricate way of saying, i dont know.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

here's an example of taiji when utilized in a resisting environment - there is still "softness", but there is also speed and power being applied...a balance of "soft / hard"

http://www.taichili.com/p_house.wmv

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Who is fighting bears, ?, you might need a weapon for that.
    If you need to fight against a bear, do you think that "soft" by itself will be enough?

If you need to fight against a bear, do you think that "soft" by itself will be enough?
    depends...if you have some food to give it, it might be. Otherwise, well, hard probably won't work too well either...least not on a kodiak or grizzly, maybe on a black bear.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    nxt time I'll discuss some of those woefully innadequate biomechanics in regards to how to define parameters of so-caled "internal" practice...
    Did I miss this part? I'm looking forward to it, if I didn't...

Well, if the bear did not have teeth or claws it would help.

Are you going to flip the bear to hurt him?, or choke him out?, or punch him?

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    U kno, when u c the beginning of the same kind of degeneration on this thread as on the recently closed one about standing practice, it pretty much kills any inspiration to spend time on something substantive...

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Well, if the bear did not have teeth or claws it would help.

Are you going to flip the bear to hurt him?, or choke him out?, or punch him?
    Eye gouge. and then pull out its tongue.

U kno, when u c the beginning of the same kind of degeneration on this thread as on the recently closed one about standing practice, it pretty much kills any inspiration to spend time on something substantive...
    Pompous little... We're talking about fighting bears here. So?!

Understood. No problems. Years in martial arts has taught me that I would give up my own hand to build a fortress in an island wilderness outside of all legal jurisdiction just to preside over an occasional weekend of martial artists dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    We all missed it, because he can't explain internal using his definition of bio mechanics, for two reasons, first he does not know what internal is, so how can he explain something he knows nothing about or thinks does not excist.

And second if he could do it or knew what it was, he would not be trying to say that it was not real.

It always amazes me that people can comment on experiences they have not had, its probably because someone else taught them that also did not have experience, and the myth continues.

It's just one little hand!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Eye gouge. and then pull out its tongue.
    Is that hard or soft kungfu ?