Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pole

Hey Spencer!

Dude, I don't think you understand. This clip that Austin promoted was recorded 30 years ago and it has only just been 'let out' by the family to the public so I'm not about to upload the complete form online as I would be disowned and banished by my Sifu lol!

---Maybe I didn't understand. You posted the clip of Tang Yik. You posted a clip of Lee Shing. You lamented the fact that the Tang Yik clip has received more interest and comments in the past than the clip of your Sigung. I pointed out that the Tang Yik clip was more detailed and showed more high level skill as the reason it got more interest and said that if I saw a comparable clip of your Sigung I was prepared to be impressed. You've said that your lineage has far more pole and suggested people would like it. I didn't realize your lineage was keeping is secret!

Did I? Or did I just say that he had been taught by Ip Man?

---My apologies! I went back and reviewed your comment. I was reading more into it than you obviously intended!

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here? Fit into what exactly? All I have said about what my Sigung is doing in the clip was that it was 2 sets of the form.

----Again, my apologies. I was going by the assumption that if Lee Shing's pole was what he learned from Ip Man, it doesn't match what other Ip Man people are doing. But that was obviously a wrong assumption on my part.

I don't take offence here or anywhere else to be honest,

---Yeah, you have to have a thick skin to hang out here.

Hmmm... far too many things that are misinformation here I don't know where to start.

---Just what I remember reading many years ago. I'm prepared to be corrected! I obviously don't know much about your lineage!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    ---You've said that your lineage has far more pole and suggested people would like it. I didn't realize your lineage was keeping is secret!

---I was going by the assumption that if Lee Shing's pole was what he learned from Ip Man, it doesn't match what other Ip Man people are doing. But that was obviously a wrong assumption on my part.

---Just what I remember reading many years ago. I'm prepared to be corrected! I obviously don't know much about your lineage!
    No correction can be offered by me lol! I can only share what I know, and in some cases I can't even do that. You are right in part, we do still hold on to many things outside the norm but to call them secrets is silly. They're not secret to me or many others.

It has even been made clear to me by people within our lineage that they will do and say whatever they like because that is 'their' truth. I respect that, but I have also had people from outside the family telling me who and what Lee Shing represented, which I found endearing but totally ridiculous lol!

I have my own truths and understanding of my Sigungs teachings and personally do not want to even associate with anyone claiming he has Kulo this or Piensan that. It is simple misinformation. Period. But only according to my own truths

Before my Sigung passed away there had always been speculation about what and who he had learnt from prior to Ip Man and whether he had even done that too! From my own reserch, and I do take things like this pretty seriously, I found absolutely no evidence that Lee Shing himself promoted anything (publically) outside of the Ip Man framework. His close students have kept these things to themselves too as many were not using Wing Chun to build a career in Martial Arts teaching. or make some pocket money!

All I can say is those given permission to and actually taught to teach publically were very very few and included my own Sifu.

Of course Lee Shing taught most of his students privately and what they decided to do with all his stuff after he died was their call, but I don't have to agree
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Lee Shing Gar - Wing Chun Gwun

Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Question

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    One question. These movements as shown, including the center grip/double ended short staff fighting and the flipping/reverse grip usage of the Baat Cham Dao are attributed to Yip Man?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

----------------------
    To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------
    To each his own.
    True, but by the same token, I'll pass on that.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    One question. These movements as shown, including the center grip/double ended short staff fighting and the flipping/reverse grip usage of the Baat Cham Dao are attributed to Yip Man?
    This is specifically Lee Shing family stuff from Master Joe Lee, so no I wouldn't think it has anything to do with Ip Man at all. In fact, more likely from other sources, but who is anyones guess?

I personally never learnt these interactive sets but know the pair in the clips and they're a lovely couple. As I have mentioned, Lee Shing taught all his students differently and Joe Lee is more known for promoting the 'Kulo' brand. Not that I agree with such labels but hey ho!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    To each his own.
    Exactly.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Joseph Man Interactive Pole

Spencer why don't you use your Sifu clips to explain your point with that said this is Joseph Man interactive sets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k7q4HzXEaeU

This kinda pole is only practiced by Joseph Man as far as I know Ive never seen any other Lee Shing Student do this kind off thing
    Last edited by leeshing; 09-04-2013 at 03:42 AM.

OK. I'm confused. The poster Leeshing asked Spencer if he had learned the KuLo parts of the Lee Shing lineage, and then went back and edited his post to remove that comment. When I posted a comment about Lee Shing having learned some KuLo Wing Chun and included it in his method Spencer said it was "misinformation." So what's going on?

OK. I'm confused. The poster Leeshing asked Spencer if he had learned the KuLo parts of the Lee Shing lineage, and then went back and edited his post to remove that comment. When I posted a comment about Lee Shing having learned some KuLo Wing Chun and included it in his method Spencer said it was "misinformation." So what's going on?
    I took it out because what's the point Lee Shing first Sifu was Fong Yee Ming he also went on to study with Fung Sang So Kulo (Pin San) was the first method he learned before training with Ip Man so under my Sifu we learn both methods this I believe is the same with Austin Goh and Def with Eddie Yeoh and Nigel Fan and Chan Man Keun who I also used to trained with. Im not sure why Joseph Man says differently and to be honest don't really care

Quote Originally Posted by leeshing View Post
    I took it out because what's the point Lee Shing first Sifu was Fong Yee Ming he also went on to study with Fung Sang So Kulo (Pin San) was the first method he learned before training with Ip Man so under my Sifu we learn both methods this I believe is the same with Austin Goh and Def with Eddie Yeoh and Nigel Fan and Chan Man Keun who I also used to trained with. Im not sure why Joseph Man says differently and to be honest don't really care
    Thanks for the feedback! I guess it wasn't "misinformation" after all! I thought my memory was going.

You're confused? You should meet Michael Watson aka leeshing

Let's be honest. You don't care because you have no Respect. You do know why my Sifu has a different 'story' because I have told you exactly why, and yet you still continue to want to bring this sort of thing up in a public Forum?! You don't agree or understand my Sifus approach to training, that's your issue that you should take up with your own Sifu.

I have never agreed to the use of the term 'Kulo' or 'Piensan' to be used to promote Sigung, and again you also know why.
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 09-04-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Spencer why don't you use your Sifu clips to explain your point with that said this is Joseph Man interactive sets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k7q4HzXEaeU

This kinda pole is only practiced by Joseph Man as far as I know Ive never seen any other Lee Shing Student do this kind off thing
    I'm not trying to explain any point, and have been very clear on what I have already shared here thanks Michael. The reason I used the clip of Ori and Glen is because I have previously used examples from my own demos, examples of my Sifus clips in other threads and people don't seem to be able to recognize anything they generally see in Ip Mans pole.

So I shared a clip from uncles side and guess what? Nobody can see anything worth looking at in that clip either (so far!) which again is a great shame but just the way it is...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

I'm not trying to explain any point, and have been very clear on what I have already shared here thanks Michael. The reason I used the clip of Ori and Glen is because I have previously used examples from my own demos, examples of my Sifus clips in other threads and people don't seem to be able to recognize anything they generally see in Ip Mans pole.

So I shared a clip from uncles side and guess what? Nobody can see anything worth looking at in that clip either (so far!) which again is a great shame but just the way it is...
    Maybe because what is being shown by Glen and Ori isnt Ip Man the 2 man sets are kulo sets 3 1/2 point pole and Dai Lim Tao 2 man set the only set that has Ip Man is knife against Pole and that still as a lot of influence of Kulo The pole forms that we do with my Sifu are not Ip Man Lineage and I have never seen a pole set from your Sifu that looks like Ip Man not saying you dont do it but Ive never seen it in fact Ive never seen your pole form why not post a clip

You're confused? You should meet Michael Watson aka leeshing

Let's be honest. You don't care because you have no Respect. You do know why my Sifu has a different 'story' because I have told you exactly why, and yet you still continue to want to bring this sort of thing up in a public Forum?! You don't agree or understand my Sifus approach to training, that's your issue that you should take up with your own Sifu.

I have never agreed to the use of the term 'Kulo' or 'Piensan' to be used to promote Sigung, and again you also know why.
    First KPM I am always willing to meet up and train with people from other Lineages

Second Spencer YAWN Really Really boring mate and don't care what you or your sifu say or do talking of respect is accusing my Sifu of misinformation showing respect or just calling him a conman oh look the word conman again haha

Also just wanna add Im done with this conversation only came on here to Share info on the next Wing Chun Gathering March 1st & 2nd Birmingham UK so if you want the last word Il let you have it
    Last edited by leeshing; 09-04-2013 at 07:01 AM.